OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So speculate how long until MOP? June, August, October, December or ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dev Watercooler -- The Role of Role Pt.1

From Blizzard:

The Deluge
    A monsoon is coming. We will soon inundate you with Mists of Pandaria information, starting with the upcoming media event and everything that follows. It’s going to be a very exciting time for World of Warcraft, and we are all super impatient for it to happen.

But… we’re not quite there yet. I want to make that clear upfront, because this blog isn’t directly Mists of Pandaria related. You won’t find any announcements here, just a philosophical discussion that you may or may not find interesting. If you’re looking for thrilling announcements, you know what I’m going to say: Soon™.

Multiple DPS Roles
    I said this blog isn’t directly relevant though, because I want to discuss a topic that we did struggle with a lot during Mists development, and indeed through most of World of Warcraft. We have classes with multiple DPS specs, and for mage, warlock, hunter, rogue, warrior and death knight, there isn’t even a melee vs. ranged distinction between those DPS specs. The question comes up all the time: “what is the role of these roles?” I don’t think there is a right answer here, and we’ve even changed the design a few times over the last several years. Again, I’m not couching this in terms of an imminent announcement or anything. This is fundamentally one of those designs that could go in a lot of different directions. It’s something we discuss a lot, and we figured given the strong opinions of our forum-posting community, many of you probably do as well.

A paladin can choose from among specs that let her be a tank, melee DPS or healer, and can shift around which role she fills in a raid or BG team from week to week. Through the Dual Spec feature, she can even do so within a single evening. If her group doesn’t need another healer, or if she needs a break from tanking, she can become a DPS spec fairly easily without having to swap to a different character. A warlock doesn’t have that luxury. Yet, the warlock still has three specs. Is the idea, then, that you are supposed to swap from Destruction to Demonology and back depending on the situation? Is the idea that you play Affliction if you like dots and Destruction if you like nukes? Or do you just switch to whatever theoretically does 1% more DPS for the next fight?

Players are sometimes cavalier about throwing around the claim that there’s a “lack of design direction” when they want their character buffed. Of course, classes always have a design direction; players just sometimes disagree with it. My point is that just because we debate whether the current design is the best possible one doesn’t mean there isn’t a design at all. That distinction is important. And of course, we do have a directive for which DPS spec you should play: whichever one you enjoy the most. But that doesn’t mean that is the best model or that it can’t ever change. There are other models we could try.

Model One – Everyone is equal all the time
    If your DPS and utility are the same across specs, then you just play whichever one you prefer. Maybe you like the kit of the Frost mage, or maybe you like the rotation of the Fury warrior, so you play them. As I said above, this has been the model we have used for a while now, with mixed success. The challenge is that “all the time” caveat. We can get all of the DPS specs pretty close together on target dummies, and indeed they actually are very close on target dummies today. Our encounters aren’t target dummies though. Having some adds increases the damage of dot-specs. Having lots of adds increases the damage of strong AE specs. Having to move on a fight, and how often and far you have to move, can cause DPS to go up or down differently. Even if DPS is only off by a few percentage points, many players will respec to the one with the highest DPS (even if it’s theoretical, even if for them they will do lower personal DPS than if they had stuck with a more familiar spec). A mage who just loves Fire might be frustrated if he ever has to go Arcane, while another player might be happy that he gets to try different specs for different fights.

The class stacking we’ve seen on the Spine of Deathwing encounter relates to the need for massive burst damage in a specific window, such that the difference between a one minute DPS cooldown and a two minute DPS cooldown matters. Even if we could make sure every spec had the same AE vs. single target damage, do we now need to also ensure every spec can do the same DPS in burst windows of various lengths? Is that even mathematically possible? Or do we just test every spec for every raid encounter of the current tier and tweak class mechanics around for whatever is the current status quo? That implies a high rate of change, and I wonder if we’d lose a little bit of the fun of experimentation and theorycrafting if it was basically accepted that you could take any spec to any fight and do about the same damage. It’s more balanced, yes, but does it lack depth or flavor? Is it fun?

Model Two – Everyone has specialties and you match the spec to the situation
    Under this model, we would establish spec specialties. For example, Arcane could be good for single-target fights while Fire is great at AE fights. Some of that design already exists in the game, but we try not to overdo it. If you really like playing one mage spec, or really detest constant spec swapping, then this model isn’t going to be to your liking. Furthermore, we don’t want to overstrain our boss design by having to meet a certain quota of AE vs. single target fights and movement vs. stationary fights and burn phase vs. longevity fights or whatever. It is also really hard to engineer these situations in Arenas or Battlegrounds (for example, both mobility and burst are extremely desirable in PvP), so in those scenarios there still may just be one acceptable spec.

Model Three – You swap specs to gain specific utility
    If we used this model, then you might switch out to a different spec to gain a specific spell. Again, we have some of this today. A DK might want Unholy’s Anti-Magic Zone for a certain fight. Hunters might go Beastmaster to pick up a missing raid buff. Mages might go Fire for situations where Combustion shines. Druids might go Balance when they need the knockback from Typhoon. A little of this sort of thing goes a long way though. As in Model One, not every player wants to have to swap specs. If you just like Survival, you might resent having to go BM to just to buff someone. If knockbacks are too potent, then it really constrains your raid composition and makes even casual guilds feel like they need to keep a stable of alts or benched players for every fight. If, for example, there wasn’t a boss in the current raid tier for which warrior abilities really shine, then warriors start to feel like a third wheel, yet trying to make sure every boss in a tier has a moment for every spec to shine is a pretty daunting task.

The extreme case of this is the “utility” spec who does middling DPS, but brings a lot of synergy and utility that improves all of the other specs. This was the Burning Crusade model, where classes like shaman and Shadow priests were brought to raids just to make the pure classes (and warriors, who were always treated as pure classes back then for some reason) do better DPS. In Lich King, we changed the design to make different raid buffs and abilities more widespread and give groups much more flexibility in their raid (and to some extent dungeon) comps. We heard from Shadow priests that they wanted to do competitive damage, not just be there to make everyone else more awesome. But even today we get a lot of requests to improve the utility of someone’s spec so that they are more likely to get invited to a group.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Dev Watercooler -- The Role of Role Pt.2

Model Four – There is just a best spec for PvP and PvE
      This was the model of vanilla World of Warcraft, and we understand some players wouldn’t mind it returning. In this model Arms and Frost and Subtlety (and other specs) were designed to be good for PvP, while others, Fury and Fire and Combat perhaps, were designed to be good for PvE. The PvP specs might have better mobility or survivability or burst damage, while the PvE specs have better sustained damage over the course of a 6-10 minute boss fight. A lot has changed since vanilla. We don’t make many raid or dungeon encounters these days where DPS specs can just stand in one place and burn down a boss. Mobility, survivability, and burst damage can all be really useful on particular encounters, sometimes trumping the higher DPS offered by a competing spec. (There’s that old adage that dead do zero DPS.) In addition, if there is a PvP spec and a PvE spec, then for pure classes that implies that your third spec lacks much of a role. (The good leveling spec? Is that exciting?) Furthermore, our Mists of Pandaria talent tree design explicitly takes away some of the tools from the traditional PvP specs and makes them available to other specs in the class. If this works out, then you can take your Frost mage raiding, or have an Arcane mage for PvP who uses some of what traditionally were Frost’s control and escape tools. That’s great if you PvP and love Arcane, or PvE and love Frost. It’s less cool if you were the kind of player who was totally comfortable with the simpler (and possibly easier to balance) design of having dedicated PvP vs. PvE specs.

Model Five – Don’t have multiple DPS roles
      This is the most controversial model and the one that would require the most change, meaning we are almost certainly never going to do it. For sake of completeness though, you can argue that classes never should have been designed with multiple specs that fill the same role. In this model, either Arms or Fury goes away and gets replaced with something. (Archery? Healing?) Warlocks and other pure classes would need a massive redo to end up with say a melee and tanking warlock. Everyone becomes a hybrid. The hardest decisions becomes whether you want to be the ranged or melee DPS version of your class (like druids or shaman). This idea is elegant from a design perspective because it un-asks all of those questions about how much more damage pure classes should do than hybrids to justify their narrower utility. But, perhaps counter-intuitively, elegant designs often aren’t the strongest ones (I could write a whole blog on that topic alone). Model Five is the kind of rhetorical question you could go back in time and ask before WoW launched, but not the kind of thing we could change today without taking an enormous amount of effort, to say nothing of the irate players who would feel bamboozled that we were so dramatically changing their character out from under them. I try to never say never, but this model isn’t the kind of change you make in a mature game. It’s here only for completeness and because I suspect some of you will bring it up.

But Which is the Best Model?
      Hell if I know! I fundamentally believe that none of these models is, without question, the obvious right one. All of them have advantages and disadvantages, and there are probably other models you could come up with that are variants on these five, or perhaps even something new. Like I said, we’re not announcing a philosophy change yet. If we get enough feedback for one model or another, we might eventually change our minds. Also for this blog we’re going to lock the comments and ask that you post your replies in this forum thread. Just remember that even we don’t believe that there is one correct answer, so please keep that in mind when you’re composing your feedback.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Also tomorrow we find out if Blizzard lost even more subs. 1:30 pm PST 4:30 pm EST is when the report starts.
        Q1 2011 - 600,000 subscribers lost
        Q2 2011 - 300,000 subscribers lost
        Q3 2011 - 800,000 subscribers lost
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Q4 dropped another 100,000 to make it 10.2 million.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I can't believe it was only 100,000 with Q4 being the release of SWTOR. But if they lose anymore then they'll have to change the Chuck Norris commercial.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Actually it could be what with the Annual Pass with free D3 and guaranteed MoP Beta access. That's why they did it in the first place. Also they said the Chuck Norris commercial did exactly what they expected. They said at least 1 million people have signed up for the Annual Pass.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Also SWTOR released numbers of 1.7 million but that they see more new to MMO players in that than players from other MMOs. That is the power of the Star Wars name there.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Chuck Norris had little to do with the annual pass numbers. That's just the million or so odd people that wanted to make sure they had D3.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

From Blizzard:
                    We’re pleased to announce a partnership with USAopoly to release fresh takes on two classic board games. Monopoly®: World of Warcraft® and RISK®: StarCraft® combine tried-and-true foundations with new designs and gameplay elements inspired by our popular gaming universes. Those who dare to engage will discover a new chance to claim supremacy, both over their friends and over the battle-torn lands of Azeroth and the Koprulu Sector.
                    These games will formally debut at the 109th annual Toy Fair this Sunday, February 12 in New York City.

We’re holding a poll on Facebook right now where you can vote on which player pieces will make it into the final Monopoly: World of Warcraft board game! Ten options, including Murky, Chen’s Keg, Mechagnome, and a Spellbook are present, and the six most popular pieces will be represented in the game when it launches this May.

(Pieces pictured are casting sculptures and don’t reflect the final product.)
                    Vote Now!

Monopoly: World of Warcraft

Descend into a world of myth, magic, and legendary adventure to battle for control of World of Warcraft’s iconic locations. Featuring custom graphics from our artists and designers, the Monopoly game’s land grab includes coveted real estate such as Twilight Highlands, Grizzly Hills, and the Swamp of Sorrows. In the rush to rule over the faction capitals of Orgrimmar and Stormwind, players will roll Alliance- and Horde-themed dice, and feverishly buy, sell and trade in true MONOPOLY fashion, until one player controls the lands and vanquishes all comers. The game retails for $39.95 and will be available in May at specialty stores across North America.

RISK: StarCraft

The forthcoming release of RISK: StarCraft will see players choose from the terran, protoss, or zerg factions and six unique heroes before going head to head in this board game classic. The struggles portrayed in the real-time strategy of StarCraft adapt perfectly to classic tabletop RISK gameplay, and the winner will be determined by astute deployment of military might and strategic field tactics. RISK: StarCraft will include three play modes and sports over 290 custom playing pieces. The game launches this summer and will be available in specialty stores throughout North America with a suggested retail price of $49.45.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

How they arrived at only 100k less subscribers.

From The Daily Blink:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

New Mount

From Blizzard:
                        When attacking from the air, it's best to advance from the angle of the sun so as to blind your foes… Or just ride a luminous dragon that glows like a thousand suns. Either way, you're good.

The Heart of the Aspects flying mount will travel as fast as your riding skill will take you and, once purchased, applies to all present and future characters on a single North American World of Warcraft license.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Blizzard:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4062877850
                          Creative Development once again opens the floodgates for questions pertaining to the lore of the Warcraft universe!

Our last two "Ask CDev" projects generated thousands of unique questions across all the different regions, but ultimately the Creative Development team was able to sift through the sea of inquiries to focus on the questions with the juiciest answers. You can see the results of the last two "Ask CDev" endeavors here:

Ask CDev #1:
                          http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1008430853

Ask CDev #2:
                          http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142

The rules of engagement this year are as follows:
                          * No restriction on the subject of your post, but keep in mind that questions that may be answered by the release of Mists of Pandaria will likely be overlooked; we don't want to spoil surprises!

* Please only ask one question in each post. If your post has more than one question (or if your question contains multiple parts), it will be overlooked. Also, it is recommended that you check the thread to see if your question has already been asked; duplicate questions will not have a greater chance of being answered.

* Questions will only be accepted for the first seven days, and the thread will be locked at 11:59 p.m. PDT on February 22.

* While the thread is open for questions, forum members are encouraged to go through the thread and "Like" or "Dislike" posts; voting on a post will increase or decrease (respectively) the probability of that question being answered.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Blizzard:
                            We’ve just updated our Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator to reflect many of the most recent changes and renovations currently being made to the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

We’d like to discuss these and other changes to talents and specializations in this thread. Here are a couple of thoughts to start with:

For shaman and hunters, we still have a ways to go with the revamp of talents, and this latest calculator doesn’t have some of the changes that we’re currently working on.
                            If you don’t see a favorite spell in the talent list, there is a good chance it is something you get automatically for choosing a particular spec. For example, all Fury warriors learn Raging Blow without having to choose it as a talent. All Discipline priests know Divine Aegis. Chances were almost certain that you were going to choose those anyway so we just gave them to you.
                            If you don’t see a favorite spell or mechanic as a class ability, spec ability or talent, then there is a good chance it is becoming a glyph. Examples include Atonement (priest), Gag Order (Warrior), Rude Interruption (Warrior), and the Acts of Sacrifice Cleanse component (Paladin).

Feel free to have a look at the updated calculator, and then discuss it there!

Why did attacks using % weapon damage drop so much?
                            We are in the process of recalculating the way damage is dealt. Individual weapon damage is going up by the same proportion in order to keep DPS at level 85 about the same. This should ensure that, at lower levels, these abilities aren’t overpowered.

Why doesn’t every spec get a passive ability at level 10?
                            Some specs no longer need them. For example, Fire mages don’t get bonus damage with Fire spells – they just have mostly Fire spells to cast. Some hybrids still need passives to differentiate their DPS, healing, and tanking trees. Furthermore, we can always add more if the need arises.

Paladin
                            Is this invisible haste buff still present for Protection Paladins going forward to 5.0, as the new talent tree update currently shows both CS and HoTR having 4.5 sec CDs and thus, actually in game they have a 3.0 sec cooldown -- or do they actually have a 4.5 sec cooldown? And if they have a 4.5 sec CD now, are they still linked or are they now unlinked?
                            Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous still share a cooldown, with a base of 4.5 seconds for both specs. Sanctity of Battle can lower this cooldown for Retribution.

Priest
                            Why didn’t the priest tree change?
                            We are still in development. It is a challenge, when giving players a sneak peak at work in progress, to decide when to release what we have versus waiting to accumulate even more changes.

Do Discipline priests have Prayer of Healing or not?
                            Our current design direction is this: Holy does AE healing with Prayer of Healing, and Discipline heals with (a much more powerful than today) Holy Nova. Divine Aegis would work with Holy Nova under this model. However, please see the question above. The priest tree is still in heavy development.

Death Knight

The death knight abilities Death Siphon, Soul Reaper, and Necrotic Strike cost 1 Death Rune. They are not free.
                            The calculator is not currently displaying that cost type (properly).

Warlock

Archimonde’s Vengeance has a 1 minute cooldown.
                            Grimoire of Sacrifice grants a 30% boost for 15 sec, which drops to 15% for the remaining duration.
                            Blood Fear replaces Fear.
                            Soul Link replaces Health Funnel.
                            Harvest Life does not hit polymorphed targets.
                            Demon Soul is not listed at this time, but this is just an error in the calculator.

Warrior
                            We are iterating a lot on tank rotations right now. We want rage (and all tank resources) to be something players actually use for mitigation, because we think that will be more fun than having a resource that gets ignored. Under this model, Protection warriors can’t have many DPS abilities that cost rage, because rage will be too valuable for Shield Block and Shield Barrier on fights where survival is a challenge. An ability with no resource cost needs some kind of cooldown or it will just be macro’ed and / or spammed, which isn’t a lot of fun.

Prot warriors have a lot of abilities to manage: Shield Slam, Revenge, Devastate, Thunder Clap, Shield Block and so on, as well as several emergency buttons to handle situations such as streaming adds. We’re okay with melee specs having an occasional free GCD, as long as it doesn’t happen with frustrating regularity.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From MMO Champion:
                              Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
                              Talents

Speed of Light now increases the casters movement speed by 70% for 8 seconds.
                              *NEW* Eternal Flame Consumes all Holy Power to place a protective Holy flame on the target, which heals them for 2404 per charge of Holy Power every 3 sec for 30 seconds. Can be active only on one target at a time. (40 yd range, 1 Holy Power, Instant cast)
                              Sacred Shield Protects the target with a shield of Holy light for 30 sec, which increases the critical chance of your Word of Glory on the target by 30%. The shield also absorbs 5 353 damage when the target takes damage, but no more than once every 6 sec. Can be active only on one target at a time.
                              *NEW* Hand of Purity Places a hand on the friendly target, reducing the damage of harmful periodic effects by 70% for 6 sec. Players may only have one Hand per Paladin on them at any one time. (30 yd range, 7% of base mana, 1 min cooldown, Instant cast)
                              *NEW* Unbreakable Spirit When your Divine Shield, Divine Protection or Lay on Hands are on cooldown, spending Holy Power will reduce the remaining cooldown by 1% per Holy Power spent, up to a maximum of 50% reduction.
                              *NEW* Holy Prism Sends a beam of light toward a target, turning them into a prism of Holy energy. If an enemy is the prism, they take 1 581 damage and radiate 1 170 healing to 5 nearby allies within 10 yards. If an ally is the prism, they are healed for 3 509 and radiate 527 Holy damage to 5 nearby enemies within 10 yards. (40 yd range, 8% of base mana, 20 sec cooldown, Instant cast)
                              *NEW* Light's Hammer Hurl a Light-infused hammer into the ground, where it will blast a 10 yard area with Holy magic for 15 sec. Allies within the area are are healed for 6 every 2 sec while enamies take 6 Holy damage every 2 sec. (30 yd range, 1 min cooldown, Instant)
                              *NEW* Execution Sentence A hammer slowly falls from the sky, causing increased Holy damage to the designated target for the next 10 seconds and culminating in a final burst of damage. (40 yd range, 1 min cooldown, Instant)
                              Selfless Healer Now reduces the cast time of your next Flash Heal by 50% each stack instead of decreasing the mana cost.
                              Sanctified Wrath now removes the cooldown on Hammer of Wrath but is now castable during Holy Wrath for all specs.
                              Clemency now also finishes the cooldown on Hand of Salvation.

Stay of Execution
                              If used on friendly targets, the falling hammer heals the target for the next 10 seconds and culminating in a final burst of healing.

Class

Seal of Righteousness now has an 8 yard range.
                              Seal of Truth now only works with melee attacks, causing melee attacks to deal 10% Holy weapon damage and apply Censure to the target. Censure: Deals 25 additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
                              Crusader Strike now does 100% weapon damage, down from 135%.
                              Divine Protection now reduces magical damage taken by 40% for 10 seconds but no longer reduces physical damage.
                              Rebuke now has a 15 second cooldown, up from 10.
                              *NEW* Boundless Conviction (Passive) You may store an additional 2 Holy Power beyond the maximum of 3. No ability ever consumes more than 3 Holy Power. (Learned at level 85)
                              Cleanse now removes all Poison and Disease effects. 8 sec cooldown added.

Retribution

Guardian of Ancient Kings now has a 3 min cooldown, down from 5 min.
                              Crusader's Zeal now has a 20% chance to proc off of autoattacks. No longer procs off of other melee attacks.
                              Templar's Verdict now does 165% weapon damage, down from 200%.
                              Sheath of Light has been renamed to Sword of Light and now increases your spell power by 100% of your Strength and grants you 5% maximum mana every 2 sec.
                              Judgements of the Bold causes your Judgement to also inflict the target with Physical Vulnerability in addition to granting you 1 charge of Holy Power. The Physical Vulnerability effect increases the physical damage taken by the target by 4% for 30 seconds.
                              Exorcism now has a 20 sec cooldown. Autoattacks no longer have a 20% chance to activate Exorcism.
                              Sanctity of Battle now also affects Hammer of Wrath.

Holy

Beacon of Light now has a 10 second cooldown.
                              Holy Wrath AoE range is now around a target instead of around the player.
                              Holy Radiance grants a charge of Holy Power. Cast time reduced to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec.
                              *NEW* Holy Insight (Passive) increases your mana pool by 400%

Protection

Grand Crusader now also can proc off of Hammer of the Righteous. Proc chance increased to 40%, up from 20%.
                              Guarded by the Light now increases your spell power by an amount equal to 100% of your Strength, up from 60%. It also grants 5% of maximum mana every 2 sec, instead of an increased chance to hit with spells. Finally, increased mana regeneration was replaced with Word of Glory no longer being on the global cooldown.
                              Avenger's Shield now has a 9 second cooldown, down from 15 seconds.
                              Hammer of the Righteous now also applies the Weakened Blows effect. Weakened Blows reduces the targets physical damage dealt by 10% for 30 seconds. Now does 20% weapon damange, down from 30%.
                              Sanctuary also decreases all damage taken by 10% in addition to increasing the paladins armor value from items by 10%

Priest (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Void Tendrils now costs 4% mana, down from 15%. AoE range reduced to 8 yards, down from 10 yards.
                              Psyfiend now costs 4% mana, down from 15%. Cooldown increased to 1.5 min, up from 1 min. Psyfiend range reduced to 30 yards, down from 40. Targeting now prefers anything attacking the Priest or her friends. Psychic Scream causes enemies to flee for 1 min. Damage caused may interrupt the effect.
                              Psychic Scream now costs 3% mana, down from 15%. AoE range changed to 8 yards.
                              From Darkness, Comes Light proc chance increased to 15%, up from 6%.
                              Angelic Bulwark now affects Spirit Shell and Divine Aegis when cast on self, in addition to Power Word: Shield.
                              Dark Archangel now lists Dark Evangelism as its cost, instead of Shadow Orbs.
                              Serendipity has been renamed to Divine Insight. Duration for Caster Form effect increased to 20 sec, up from 10 sec.
                              Final Prayer now grants a shield that lasts until canceled, up from 20 sec.

Discipline

Spirit Shell now lasts until canceled, up from 8 sec. Mana cost reduced to 2%, down from 9%.
                              Rapture now triggers off of dispels in addition to being completely absorbed.

Holy

Greater Heal cast time reduced to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec. Mana cost reduced to 6%, down from 27%.
                              Heal cast time reduced to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec. Mana cost reduced to 2%, down from 9%.
                              Lightwell mana cost reduced to 6%, down from 30%.
                              Circle of Healing mana cost reduced to 4%, down from 21%.
                              Binding Heal mana cost reduced to 6%, down from 28%.
                              Prayer of Mending mana cost reduced to 4%, down from 18%.
                              Divine Hymn mana cost reduced to 7%, down from 36%.

Shadow

Mind Spike mana cost reduced to 3%, down from 12%.
                              Shadowform now increases damage by 20%, up from 15%.
                              Mind Blast now requires Shadow Orbs to cast, with damage increasing with the number of Shadow Orbs, but has no cooldown or mana cost.
                              Vampiric Touch now regenerates health and mana equal to 50% of the damage done by Vampiric Touch. Mana cost reduced to 3%, down from 16%.

Class Skills

Mind Sear mana cost reduced to 6%, down from 28%.
                              Dispel Magic now has a 8 second cooldown. Mana cost decreased to 3%, down from 16%.
                              Spectral Guise has been removed.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From MMO Champion:
                                Shaman (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Talents:

Ancestral Guidance cooldown reduced to 2 minutes, down from 3 minutes.
                                Nature's Guardian: Whenever a damaging attack brings you below 30% health, your maximum health is increased by 25% for 10 sec (up from 15%) and your threat level towards the attacker is reduced. 30 second cooldown.
                                Astral Shift: Seek haven by shifting partially into the elemental planes, reducing damage taken by 50% but also all damage and healing done by 30% (down from 50%), for 6 sec.
                                NEW - Call of Elements: When activated, immediately finishes the cooldown on all totems. (5 minute cooldown)
                                Totemic Restoration: When a totem is replaced or destroyed before its duration expires naturally, its cooldown is reduced in proportion to the lost duration, up to a maximum of 50% of the full cooldown.
                                Elemental Mastery: Call upon elemental forces, empowering you with 30% haste for 20 sec. (2 minute cooldown, down from 3 minutes)
                                Ancestral Swiftness: Passively increases spell and melee haste by 5%. When activated, your next Nature spell with a base casting time less than 10 sec. becomes an instant cast spell.
                                Tier 6 Talents: All unknown at the moment.

Class Abilities:

NEW - Burning Wrath: Fiery elemental energy emanates from the Shaman, empowering all nearby party and raid members and increasing their spell power by 10%.
                                NEW - Grace of Air: Empowering winds swirl around the Shaman, granting all nearby party and raid members 5 Mastery.
                                Earth Shock: Instantly shocks the target with concussive force, causing 1,030 Nature damage and applying the Weakened Blows effect.
                                Weakened Blows: Demoralizes the target, reducing their physical damage dealt by 10% for 30 sec sec.
                                Flametongue Weapon: Imbue the Shaman's weapon with fire, increasing magical damage done by 7% (up from 5%). Each hit causes 99 to 305 additional Fire damage, based on the speed of the weapon. Slower weapons cause more fire damage per swing. Lasts 30 minutes.
                                Flame Shock: Instantly sears the target with fire, causing 586 Fire damage immediately and 1,320 Fire damage over 24 sec (up from 18).
                                Ghost Wolf: This ability is now instant, but no longer reduces the effect of movement impairing effects.
                                Wind Shear: Disrupts the target's concentration with a burst of wind, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 3 sec (up from 2). Also lowers your threat, making the enemy less likely to attack you. 12 second cooldown (down from 15).
                                Cleanse Spirit: Removes all (up from 1) Curse effects from a friendly target. 8 second cooldown (up from none).
                                Healing Stream Totem: Summons a Healing Stream Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 1 min that heals the most injured party or raid member within X yards for 81 every 2 sec.
                                Earth Elemental Totem: Summons an elemental totem that calls forth a Greater Earth Elemental to protect the caster and his allies. Lasts 1 min (down from 2). 5 minute cooldown (down from 10).
                                Fire Elemental Totem: Summons an elemental totem that calls forth a Greater Fire Elemental to rain destruction on the caster's enemies. Lasts 1 min (down from 2). 5 minute cooldown (down from 10).
                                NEW - Ascendance: The Shaman surrenders his physical form to the power of the elements, transforming into a being of raw elemental energy for 15 sec.
                                Elemental:
                                While in the form of a Flame Ascendant, Lava Burst has no cooldown and Chain Lightning is empowered to become Lava Beam.
                                Enhancement:
                                While in the form of an Air Ascendant, auto-attacks and Stormstrike deal pure Nature damage and have a 30-yard range.
                                Restoration:
                                While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.

Required Level 87.
                                3 minute cooldown.

Elemental:

Shamanism no longer works with Lava Burst.
                                Elemental Fury: Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Searing and Magma Totems and your Fire, Frost, and Nature spells by 50% (down from 100%), and removes the cooldown from your Chain Lightning spell.
                                NEW - Elemental Precision: Grants spell hit rating equal to any Spirit gained from items or effects.

Enhancement:

Lava Lash: You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 130% (down from 260%) of that weapon's damage to an enemy target and spreading your Flame Shock from the target to up to four enemies within 12 yards. Damage is increased by 40% if your off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue.
                                Searing Flames: Now includes - Your Lava Lash ability will consume your Searing Flames, dealing 20% increased damage for each application on the target.

Restoration:

Purification: Increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 25%, and the healing done by your Water totems by an additional 50%. No longer reduces the casting time of your Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave spells.
                                Riptide: Heals a friendly target for 2,405 and another 6,822 over 18 sec. Your Chain Heal spells are 25% more effective when their primary target is affected by your Riptide. (is no longer consumed)
                                Purify Spirit: Cleanse Spirit now includes Magic effects.
                                Earth Shield: Protects the target with an earthen shield, increasing the effectiveness of Shaman healing spells on that target by 20%, and causing attacks to heal the shielded target for 1416. This effect can only occur once every few seconds. 9 charges. Lasts 10 min. Earth Shield can only be placed on one target at a time and only one Elemental Shield can be active on a target at a time.
                                Earthliving Weapon: Imbue the Shaman's weapon with earthen life. Increases spell healing by 855 and gives each heal a 20% chance to trigger the Earthliving effect on the target, healing an additional 2,348 over 12 sec. Heals on targets below 35% of maximum health will always trigger this effect. Lasts 30 minutes.
                                Mana Tide Totem: Summons a Mana Tide Totem with 10% of the caster's health at the feet of the caster for 16 sec (up from 12). Party and raid members within 40 yards of the totem gain 200% of the caster's Spirit (excluding short-duration Spirit bonuses).
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X