OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So speculate how long until MOP? June, August, October, December or ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LFR Feedback
    I was forced to run it 12 times for my 4th set piece that never wanted to drop on 10 man Hagara. I hated every second of it.
    Forced by who?

Note that for heroic progress, this tier, we needed to get our tanks the four set bonuses to be even remotely able to compete with other guilds at our levels - getting extra raid cooldowns without altering our setups, that's just impossible to pass up. But if we were unlucky and never saw that fourth protector token for our warrior? Yea, screwed. If we'd had a blood Dk and a feral druid tank, we'd have needed *two* sets of vanq tokens.
    Right, and would you have felt better if those guilds you were competing against progressed over you, just because the "RNG gods" decided to not give you those items missing to complete the 4 piece bonus?

In that case you would just accept that the other guild is more skilled than you and deserving of the higher realm rank because their loot was there before yours?

I keep reading all these downsides about LFR, yet I don't see many posts about the positives it brings.

A CM who doesn't understand peer pressure.

You want to stay in your high end guild? You do that soul draining LFR, week after week. You don't want to it? *kicked for someone who will* That, is forced.
    Just a crazy thought: How about leaving that guild if you don't like that pressure, and join one that suits better your playstyle?

The main point here I believe was, whether you get lucky or not, you are still forced to run the LFR in hopes of better loot. Because doing it gives you the better chance of getting lucky than not doing it.
    Have you never run heroics when you were raiding in hopes of upgrading that lingering green/blue item to something better? Once you were raid ready but having greens/blues you stopped entering Heroic dungeons? Because in that perspective, I think LFR would be positive as it gives you just another venue to try and upgrade those items while you wait for the one you truly want to drop, right?

Yes yes, the fights are easier, the gear is crappier, but I don't care. LFR does for me exactly what I want it to.
    Then you might be interested in knowing that in Mists of Pandaria, the initial raids will be divided in 5 for the LFR: 2 sections for Mogu'shan Vaults, another 2 for Heart of Fear, and a single one for Terrace of Endless Spring. That will probably help you deciding which ones you need/want to hit first once they're all available.

There should be no incentive for heroic level players to run LFR, since LFR is not aimed at this demographic. And as mentioned above your post, the chances of you winning something in LFR increases slightly if you actually are present in that LFR, so you have to run it.
    And since LFR and Heroic will be opening at the same time, it's likely that those Heroic level players will prefer to run Heroic for the progression rather than LFR where, due to personal loot, they might get just inferior items to what they have. Remember, there's a new loot system coming to the Raid Finder in Mists of Pandaria, so the "gaming" that was done on the LFR by the hardcore guilds after the release of Dragon Soul is not going to happen.

With LFR, this can be bumped up to completing every single tier set for your entire raid in a single week, if you take 25 alts, clear the entire LFR, and then bring in one main and clear it again - only the main will be eligible for loot now.
    This won't be possible with personal loot. You can't trade the items you get... (as it was explained on the blog some time ago).

Reward comes after effort. When reward is guaranteed, its no longer a game. Its a chore with an added bonus of waiting a while to beat the other 24 players on the loot roll.
    You're not getting any rewards if the boss doesn't die, so, the reward isn't guaranteed. Sure, you may feel the chance of failure is much lower than in a normal raid, but still, it's a possibility and sometimes it does happen.

World first guild just took all RNG out of the equation by doing LFR like 100 times first week,
    thats totaly a good solution isnt it?
    It won't be possible on Mists of Pandaria, as I've mentioned before.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

However the problem everyone is talking about isnt so much the fact that it gives loot to people who arent willing/can play alot, it is the fact that the people who do wanna play on a high lvl are forced (by their guilds and themselves) to do EVERYTHING POSIBLE to be as good as they can be.
      Aren't those players supposed to do everything possible to perform at the highest level? Those players will actually even pick professions and items from those professions that net them a dps increase, even if it's incredibly marginal (saronite bombs during Wrath of the Lich King come to mind).

That's because there aren't very many positives, and the cons of this feature far and away outweighs the pros, imo.
      I'm talking about raiders here, not the "casual" crowd (as that seems to be the label used on this thread), and there're benefits from running the LFR:
      -More chances at loot that may increase your raid performance -> benefit for your raid team.
      -More raid content to do outside your weekly lock, if so you wish.
      -Raid content where you can actually test your off-spec or bring an alt knowing that you won't be dragging the rest of your guildmates, and even try to perfect your rotations in a real raiding environment.

Did it not occur to you I like this guild, and I'm in this guild because I enjoy doing heroic modes competitively, not because I enjoy doing LFR? I'm supposed to leave it because of LFR? Wow!

You consistently remove things from the game that force raiders to go for upgrades in channels they wouldn't usually. 25 mans doing 10 mans for example. Now you are completely bending this the other way for no real logical reason, saying raiders should do more.
      So, you enjoy playing competitively, yet you won't use every possible resource available to get an edge over your competition?

They might not get disregarded, but they are met with a cocky attitude on the forums by the representative. That's what's making it so hard to have a normal conversation...Like the "leave your guild" ludicrous remark.
      I don't see how the "leave your guild" remark is any different in this context than when it is said to casual players that say the debuff is useful for them because they can't progress without it, and they're replied with a "leave your guild and join a better one"...

Why is that argument valid only in one direction?

Yeah..kinda a low blow to just flat out say leave your guild if you don't like it. I have to wonder whether the blues actually play the game. Maybe they just say they do because them saying "I don't play" looks bad.
      We do, and in my book I have this note that says: "Don't do something you don't enjoy". I'm just that weird.

It's an aggressive non respectful way of posting, which quite frankly I've not seen in all these years yet. The only one that came close was Aeus, and usually there was just a hint of cynicism in there.
      I'm just typing text. It's up to the reader to put the tone and intention of my words. But one thing is for certain: I'm neither aggressive nor disrespectful on my vocabulary. If we start interpreting in which tone the words of particular posters (be it blue, green or white) are written, then there's no way the discussion is going to get anywhere, as there'll be the assumption that this particular individual is writing from *this* perspective (which in my case is certainly not true).

Pros:
      New content to do outside of raid lockouts.
      Introduces new players to raid content, allowing them to experience it.
      Raid content where you can actually test your off-spec or bring an alt knowing that you won't be dragging the rest of your guildmates.

Cons:
      Content is a watered down version of its superior normal and hc modes.
      The LFR content causes players to be burned out and sick of the raids before even getting into normals/heroics due to having to farm gear.
      LFR is part of the progression curve, forcing players to run the same raid three times over in the same progression cycle.
      Does not force players to improve in order to succeed.
      New players/casual players will not experience the content as its best quality.
      Very undertuned raid instance where a lot of tactics can be completely ignored, resulting in a steamroll tactic for almost every boss, with the exclusion of tanks needing to babysit everyone else.

This is the kind of post that is actually useful for everyone.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I mean, whatever gives insight into what you're thinking that goes beyond "X doesn't deserve this" or "I don't like this" is good. Not just for us as something that can be used as feedback, but also for that other part of the community that may not understand what doesn't sit right with you.

There is no progression of play within LFR. You blast through all of the content in a week and are done with it regardless of how much time you have or the amount of skill you have.
        For normal/Heroic raiders this is most likely true. However, for MoP, casual raiders will face a different prospect. First, because Mogu'shan Vaults has a lower item level requirement than Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring, and second, because those players will need that LFR gear to jump into the next. So unless they're extremely lucky and get *everything* they need in a single reset, they'll have a reason (the same reason than raiders do once they've beaten the content) to go back and keep running it.

That may be a niave point of view, but at the moment, LFR is little more than loot pinatas in which you go in, kill the boss and then loot roll with the emphasis being on the loot roll rather than the killing of the boss. And it doesnt give any incentive to become a 'better player' or progress futher with their game.
        There're two things to consider there:
        -What may be extremely simple for experienced raiders may actually be difficult to adapt to for a completely new player that gets into raiding.
        -Perhaps those players don't have the will to progress further and become "better raiders", and they just want to be able to experience that content without investing additional time in becoming "better".

If I'm in a somewhat competitive guild at the moment, with players I have known for years and that I truly enjoy playing with I have 2 options:
        1) Run LFR, something I really hate doing.
        2) Leave the guild and leave behind the players I have known for years and truly enjoy playing with.
        There's a third: Skip LFR and run the raid without that gear. It's not required for you to progress through it. Dragon Soul was not balanced around the assumption of players being LFR geared.

You may feel set bonuses are too important to pass on, but if you're progressing slowly through normal mode, it's likely you'll complete at least the most important ones before hitting Heroic, right?

In LFR you barely speak to eachother, last LFR I played I saw one word and that was at hagara, "RESS".
        You can run LFR with your friends if you wish to. Actually, that makes for quite an enjoyable experience as it's usually a good time for jokes and a more relaxed environment than during progression nights. Not pretending that it's the perfect solution, but hey, it may help if you definitely need to visit LFR and hate the lack of communication with others.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Raid DPS Test Dummies
          As many of you have discovered, we were able to get most of this working without a new beta build.

We (and you) found a few bugs:

The dummies can parry from behind. This may require a server restart to fix.
          The Windwalker food buff should now give you Agi instead of Int. This may require a server restart to fix.
          Dropping combat (e.g. Vanish) should no longer cause them to regen health. You may need to kill a wounded dummy in order to get a fresh one. This may require a server restart to fix.
          The buffs they give you should no longer break stealth. This may require a server restart to fix.
          The buffs and debuffs seem to be working, but you can't see them. This will require a new build to fix.

The dummies appear to despawn whenever a new build is pushed. They should be back up now and we will try to keep them active.

Bring Back Skirmishes in Mists of Pandaria
          It's like the blue post made a(n) (almost final) statement-but doesn't wanna discuss it further.
          The comment "it’s very unlikely that Skirmishes will ever be brought back" is not us saying it is never going to happen; it’s just a statement that it is highly unlikely. Also, don't take my lack of additional responses as this discussion being dead and over. My lack of responses to the questions and comments here is because at this moment, we don’t have the answers on hand, but will provide a response as soon as is possible.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 16004

New Items

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Spell Changes

Death Knight (Forums)
                Talents
                Blood
                • Crimson Scourge now increases the damage dealt by your Blood Boil by 40%, up from 20%.
                • Heart Strike now does 170% weapon damage, up from 150%. Additional damage increased by 32%.

Druid (Forums)
                • Moonfire damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
                • Starfall damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
                • Swipe damage and AP scaling reduced by 38%.
                • Wrath damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.

Balance
                • Starfall damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
                • Starfire damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
                • Starsurge damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.
                • Sunfire damage and SP scaling reduced by 8%.

Hunter (Forums)
                Talents
                • Dire Beast now lasts until cancelled, up from 15 sec.

Beast Mastery
                • Focus Fire now increases your ranged haste by 6% for each Frenzy stack consumed, down from 8%.

Survival
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mage (Forums)
                  • Item - Mage T14 4P Bonus - Increases the damage bonus of Arcane Power by an additional 10%, reduces the cooldown of Icy Veins by 50% (was 70%), and reduces the cooldown of Combustion by 20%.
                  • Frostfire Bolt damage and SP scaling reduced by 10%.
                  • Ice Lance damage and SP scaling reduced by 5%.

Fire
                  • Fireball damage and SP scaling reduced by 6%.
                  • Inferno Blast damage and SP scaling reduced by 48%.
                  • Mastery: Ignite: Your target burns for an additional 12% over 4 sec of the total damage caused by your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Inferno Blast, Scorch, and Pyroblast, up from 10%.
                  • Pyroblast damage and SP scaling reduced by ~5%.

Frost
                  • Frostbolt damage and SP scaling reduced by 7%.

Monk (Forums)
                  Brewmaster
                  Mistweaver
                  Windwalker
                  Windwalker & Mistweaver
                  • Tiger Strikes now grants a 8% chance to gain Tiger Strikes when you autoattack, down from 10%.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Paladin (Forums)
                    Protection
                    Protection & Retribution
                    Priest (Forums)
                    Holy
                    Shadow
                    Rogue (Forums)
                    Assassination
                    • Dispatch now does 450% weapon damage, down from 520%. Additional damage reduced by 26%.
                    • Venomous Wounds damage reduced by 8%.

Combat
                    • Killing Spree now increases all damage done by 50% for the duration, down from 100%.
                    • Revealing Strike now does 135% weapon damage, down from 150%.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Shaman (Forums)
                      Elemental & Restoration
                      Enhancement
                      • Windfury Weapon now has a chance of triggering three extra attacks with 8,550 bonus attack power, down from 17,100.

Warlock (Forums)
                      Talents
                      Demonology
                      Pets
                      • Legion Strike now does 130% of the Felguard's weapon damage, up from 125%.
                      • Shadow Bite is now an instant cast, down from .6 sec.

Warrior (Forums)
                      • Cleave now does 82% weapon damage, up from 75%.
                      • Execute now has 325% AP scaling, down from 406%.
                      • Heroic Strike now does 110% weapon damage, up from 100%. Damage reduced by 10%.
                      • Raging Blow now does 220% weapon damage, up from 180%.
                      • Thunder Clap damage and AP scaling reduced by 17%.

Arms
                      • Overpower now does 130% weapon damage, up from 100%.

Fury
                      • Raging Blow now does 220% weapon damage, up from 180%.
                      • Wild Strike now does 245% weapon damage, up from 230%. Damage increased by 6%.

Protection
                      • Revenge damage reduced by 37%. AP scaling reduced by 25%.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria In Game Cinematics
                        Many of the in game cinematics that are part of your introduction to Pandaria or are part of major quest lines now have in game cinematics to go with them. Many of them are produced in the style of the Wrathgate cinematic and go beyond using only simple scripted events and existing animations.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Beta Experience Required to Level Changed
                          Once again, the experience required to level in beta has been tweaked. This time around the only change was to reduce the XP needed to level from 85 to 86 slightly.

1-9 Old Same Same
                          10-39? Old (-20%) (-20%)
                          40-82 Old Same Same
                          82-83 4,004,000 2,669,000 (-33%) 2,669,000 (-33%)
                          83-84 5,203,400 3,469,000 (-33%) 3,469,000 (-33%)
                          84-85 9,165,100 4,583,000 (-50%) 4,583,000 (-50%)
                          85-86 10 million 15.5 million (+55%) 13 million (+30%)
                          86-87 11.6 million 18 million (+55%) 18 million (+55%)
                          87-88 14.6 million 22.6 million (+55%) 22.6 million (+55%)
                          88-89 17.6 million 27.3 million (+55%) 27.3 million (+55%)
                          89-90 21.2 million 32.8 million (+55%) 32.8 million (+55%)
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Beta Class Balance Analysis
                            Sorry for slow responses lately, been busy buffing and nerfing to get everyone balanced for release.

You say that you are completely confident in your ability to balance the classes. What does that mean? I believe you when you say you can make a computer play a class on every spec on a patchwerk style fight and get the same numbers. Thats where my faith starts to drop off.
                            There are two general strategies to balance the game. One is to guarantee that everyone's damage is pretty close on a single target that doesn't move and has no real gimmicks (e.g. Patchwerk). The other is to guarantee that everyone's DPS will be equal on every encounter. The latter isn't a realistic goal, and honestly, we wouldn't want that anyway. We think it's cool when an encounter happens to play to your strengths, and it can also be fun when an encounter emphasizes your weaknesses and then it's up to you to try and overcome those challenges. As I've said before, it's not the straightaways that make racing fun -- it's the curves.

I will include my standard caveat that some players see top 100 parses and assume that is the damage they will do. Skill still matters enormously for being able to eek out those numbers. One of the consistent characteristics of the best guilds in the world is they are able to deliver near-Patchwerk numbers even on very complex fights. I watch them do it and still don't quite understand how.

Also, there are only a few fights where absolute DPS is the key to winning. Mastering mechanics usually has a much bigger impact on success. Players tend to downplay that in their quest for chart-topping DPS. Plenty of people raided (and even had fun doing so) back when DPS specs did double or triple the damage of each other. That's not an attempt to escape from balancing the game, but from where I stand, players overall place far too much emphasis on balance equaling fun.

The third point is also true, but that's why it surprises me so much that you've disregarded (actually you've specifically stated that you don't want to hear) feedback about certain classes and specs being very not fun.
                            We don't disregard it. Not at all. It's just very subjective.

I think it's easy for players posting on our forums to believe that this is our primary way of interacting with players. A very small, almost trivial, number of players post on our forums. It's very dangerous to assume that several very passionate forum posters are speaking for the community. We have a very storied history of making a change because some players argued for it very passionately, eloquently and logically, only to have a bunch of other players then get angry because they were perfectly happy with the previous design.

If there was some very safe, easy and exploit-free way of polling the entire player base, then it might be possible to know if players overall found a mechanic fun or not. Without that, we're left to just making judgment calls on whether we buy the argument or not. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.

The 10% melee/hunter attack speed buff from the dummies is stacking with Unleashed Rage(10% speed) from enhancement shaman.
                            Not intended I'm sure.
                            There were several bugs with the various sources of the 10% attack speed raid buff stacking incorrectly. They should be fixed soon.

Should Expertise convert to Spell Hit for pure casters? Or is that only supposed to work for melee classes that use weapon attacks that deal spell damage? (Pardon my ignorance here, I know nothing of melee stats.) Basically, I'm wondering if every Human Mage and Warlock is going to be looking for swords now.
                            Yes, Expertise should indeed convert to spell hit, even for pure casters. Casters might have a slight preference for certain types of weapons (as melee have for years). We make some mage blades, but not a lot.

In other words, tooltips currently do not reflect how much a spell is actually supposed to heal for once the benefits of PVP Power are factored in.
                            PvP Power does not change spell tooltips. This is partially because PvP Power only affects you in certain areas (specifically not in dungeons or raids).

13,20% Mastery - Increases the damage done by your demon servants by 13,20%. Increases the damage you deal in caster form by 13,20%. The damage you deal while using Metamorphosis increased by 39,60%
                            It said 39%, but it was lying. It only gave you 39% for 2 sec and then dropped off to 26% or something but didn't display the drop.

These are the kinds of bugs we find all the time before launch and require us to adjust numbers, which is why we implore you to try out the changes and make absolutely sure that we were just nerfing you out of spite before you curse GC and his Throne of Lies.

GC, is it the design intent that some classes can do 15% more single target damage than others? Currently the classes on the bottom of the DPS sims are that far off the top classes.

Can you clarify what is your target balancing spread between the best single target class and the worst single target class? It seems to me that 5%ish would be acceptable, but the current spread is close to 15% which is just outrageous.
                            Are the sims accurate enough to go on at this point? They don't yet match what we're seeing.

I don't want to change the topic of this thread, so I'd prefer if we didn't debate the issue here, but I don't believe sharing our target numbers is a good idea. My concern is that a chunk of players would want to endlessly debate whether the numbers we chose were fair for their class, and another chunk would want to argue about whether those numbers were achievable.

What I mean by the latter is that if we said "Our Balance druid target is 115,000 DPS," then anytime someone saw a number on Raidbots or wherever that was lower than that, they would demand buffs. They demand buffs today based on sims that may or may not mirror reality. Other players would argue that it takes excessive RNG to achieve the targets, or movement-less fights, or that we need to introduce more cleave encounters. None of those concerns are necessarily invalid, but they are a huge distraction. We'd rather players focus their communication efforts with us on whether their class is fun (though paradoxically, this is not the "fun" thread). Honestly, I think it's more fun in game design in general to see how much you can achieve rather than trying to match a target.

As an example of the former, look no further than the "hyrbid tax" debate. The debate is ongoing and often angry, despite the fact that I have refused to address the issue for years, on the grounds that sharing our position doesn't actually seem to bring closure to any discussion. Rather it pours fuel on the fire. I think coming out with actual target numbers would do the same. Sharing our philosophy for how we do quest design or how we define interesting rotations can provide some behind-the-curtain insight that players seem to enjoy. Sharing numbers just seems to make people mad.

Now, don't get me wrong. You can't be a game designer without a healthy tolerance if not outright love for endless arguing. We just think there are plenty of aspects of the WoW design upon which to give feedback, and we don't want the conversation to be dominated by "Are the developers' target DPS numbers on target dummies fair?" Maybe that's the wrong call. Maybe we're being too conservative. I'm generally an "ask me anything" sort of guy. But it's also one of those rabbits you can't stick back in the hole once it hops out.

If you disagree or want to explore the topic further, feel free to create another thread. I'll read it.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Death Knight
                              DKS -- Frost Fever is incorrectly using spell crit chance instead of melee crit chance, which will be fixed. Blood Plague already uses melee crit chance.

Anti-Magic Zone absorbs 20% less spell damage per attack power for Unholy. This multiplier was added back when Unholy got 25% attack power as a spec bonus. That spec bonus was dropped to 15% in the last beta patch. Can the Unholy-specific Anti-magic Zone multiplier be reduced to compensate?
                              The Anti-Magic Zone modifier was recently reduced by the same proportion. The intent, as you point out, is for them to stay in sync.

Can you please confirm this is intended/acceptable results, or otherwise address it? Or if I screwed up badly in my math somewhere I'd like to hear that as well. Dual Wield Frost - Howling Blast Vs. Obliterate
                              Yep, that sounds about how we expect.

Base damage for DK diseases were buffed this patch, but the numbers seem off a little bit. The base damage for Frost Fever is now 1390, while the base damage for Blood Plague is 172. Was an extra 0 mistakenly added to Frost Fever (should be 139)? Or is Blood Plague missing a 0 (should be 1720)?
                              The former. Frost Fever's base damage was accidentally increased too much. It should indeed be 139 at level 90.

Druid
                              Is Feline Swiftness intended to stack with speed enchants?
                              Yes.

Is it intended that spells cast in cat or bear form via Predatory Swiftness or Nature's Swiftness interrupt the swing timer?
                              Nope.

Monk
                              Did something change with the Elusive Brew calculations this patch, specifically with 2h weapons?
                              The tooltip updated, and some people are reporting getting 3 stacks (consistently) with a 3.6 speed weapon (the PvP polearm), which should be impossible given the formula we were given, while others are still getting 2.

We removed Tiger Strikes from Brewmasters and adjusted the proc rates of Elusive Brew and Gift of the Ox to account for the reduced number of normal attacks that they'll be doing.

What's up with Chi Wave? I spent a while on the dummies and it's doing about 2.5x much per chi as BoK and 1.2x as much as RSK, but in actual raid testing it's very inconsistent. Sometimes it will hit bosses 4x and sometimes it will just hit once and then disappear. I remember reading a blue post saying that the second tier of monk talents weren't intended to be used rotationally - is this still the case?

Right now it's a required talent and provides a 15-20% increase in DPS on bosses on which it bounces multiple times and is worthless (except as a small extra heal, although expel harm + healing spheres may be better options) for bosses on which it bounces only once. How is this ability supposed to work, and can it please be adjusted to work consistently?
                              There are some nerfs coming to the level 30 row, that should resolve this. It’s not intended that the level 30 row is a pure DPS increase for Windwalkers, but should provide a very strong option for trading a little damage for a lot of healing.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Paladin
                                Execution Sentence is consuming Glyph of Flash of Light, but is seeing no increase in the healing done. Is it supposed to consume the effect and receive the increase or is it not supposed to interact with the glyph at all?
                                Ideally it would benefit from the glyph and consume the buff, but ES is a complex spell, so it's possible we'll have to exclude it. Sounds like a bug regardless.

Did WoG and EF change and somehow those changes didn't make it to the Patch notes? My values are down for it on just about every AP scale I've tested by between 3 and 7% (easily noticeable on the EF HoT tick)
                                The tooltip for EF is incorrectly not including its base healing (but I believe is functioning correctly). Regardless, EF's initial heal should exactly match WoG's heal.

EF is behaving properly from its tooltip. However, the PvP power conversion factor has changed. In previous patches, it was ~265. This build it's ~530, nerfed by exactly a factor of 2.
                                While there was a tooltip bug difference between EF and WoG (which should be identical), I think what you are seeing with the PvP Power conversion factor is that we straight out reduced the amount of healing provided by PvP Power.

It is important that PvP Power affect healing because otherwise healers wouldn't value the stat or the gear. However, unlike damage, healing is not offset by resilience, so stacking PvP Power just makes healers better and better. We knew this was a risk, but now the consensus is that healing is just much too good in PvP. We reduced the amount of healing provided by 50%. That seems like around the right number, but we may still iterate on it.

Oh, so PVP Power conversion percentage is still ~265 to 1%, but its effectiveness on healing spells has been reduced by half. Although I don't do PVP, I do wonder if there's a chance that the tooltips for WoG and EF will reflect the expected value based on both SP and PVP Power?

I don't know if you've seen our spreadsheet, but even with EF there are tooltip differences between what's expected and what's actually happening. Like for example, at 17630 AP, the EF tooltip indicates we should be expecting heals of 1024 from the HoT portion of EF -- however, due to PVP Power (16.05% in the character sheet in this case, and in reality much less since you have disclosed that PVP Power effectiveness for heals has been reduced), we're actually getting 1105 ticks.
                                I think we’re still missing something that you’re trying to tell us. PvP Power globally affects all healing (except percent based heals), so should be completely abstracted from any discussion about WoG or EF or any particular heal. If this is not what you’re seeing, we can investigate that. If so, can we simplify the discussion by completely leaving PvP Power out of it? PvP Power should be completely irrelevant to WoG vs EF or really any talent in that row, or priority list, or anything.

Shaman
                                A.) Stormstrike was buffed to 300% weapon damage, but Stormblast still appears to be set at 200%
                                Stormblast should be 300% as well. We will fix.

Is there a chance you might reduce the mana cost of Chain Lightning? We are running oom very fast on 2 targets and I honestly don't think it should be that way seeing as it is our spellcleave.
                                As Ele, Enhance or Resto?

Warlock
                                Warlocks -- the next beta build will make it look like we nerfed Demo enormously. These are actually just adjustments because mastery was only giving 66% of the benefit it was supposed to in Meta form, which is now fixed.
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X