Razor Naga Epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razor Naga Epic

I've been thinking of possibly picking up a Naga Epic but would like to hear from other Naga users their thoughts on the mouse. Is trying to reach the 10-12 buttons with your thumb feel odd? How comfortable is it for you? etc.

Please share your thoughts good and bad.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

I have had ups and downs with it. Epic will fit your hand better than the original with the interchangeable grips. Reaching the 10-12 buttons aren't that hard you just bend you thumb and there it is. Whatever you do don't update the firmware it breaks the mouse. I had to RMA it twice. Once I sent to them they said fixed and gave me back the same one but it only lasted another month or little less before it was doing the same thing and had to RMA again that time they sent me a different one and have had no problems so far. I always leave mine plugged in because I don't have a convenient power USB to plug the dock into so it will charge with the computer off. It will take awhile to get used to but after that while you will wonder what you did without it. Especially in MMOs. In MMOs you'll want to have the switch on the bottom set to 123 not NUM like some people say. 123 will use the number keys above the keyboard and NUM will use the numberpad. With it set to NUM I can never get the 5 key to set at all. Not shift+5 alt or ctrl either it just won't bind for some reason. Use it in 123 and everything binds like it's supposed to.

Here is the setup I use in game:
    Bar 1 is 1234567890-=
    Bar 2 is Bar 1 with a Shift function added to it
    Bar 3 is Bar 1 with ALT function added to it.

And I have never once been unable to have enough keybinds.

Outside of games it is also great.
    List of binds I have as example of what you can do:
    Button 1 is [U RL=
    Button 2 is ]
    Button 3 is [/url]
    Button 4 is Back
    Button 5 is Forward
    Button 6 is Copy
    Button 7 is Paste
    Button 8 is CTRL+SHIFT+E to do the FireFox group tab swap
    Button 10 is Show Desktop
    Button 11 is F5 for Refresh

You can set anything that you can write Macros for really.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Are there separate USB cords for the base and the 'wired' aspect? For example, could I have the base plugged into my desktop and decide to take it somewhere to use in 'wired' mode with my laptop while the base is still plugged in back home?

And how comfortable is it with holding the right button for turning in game while trying to hit one of the thumb buttons?

Comment

No cant' do that unless you had two of the cords. Here is a picture of cord part that plugs into mouse:

It's fine on hitting a thumb button with holding the right mouse button. Actually I reach the 10-12 buttons easier if I'm holding the right mouse button down.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Have you ever tried using a generic USB > mini USB cord with it? That looks to be pretty much all that the existing cord is with just some fancy plastic contours on the mini USB side so it blends in with the mouse.

Comment

It's like that so it doesn't interfere with the mouse wheel. The plug is right under the mouse wheel:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I have the regular naga and I adore it, highly recommend any razer product.
              85s
              Skippyninja
              Oomatherman
              Judedaniels
              MissRuPaul
              Sumekomovani
              Pattymelt
              Shamwiches
              Twonewon
              Takakoinaba
              Cursesmcgee

Comment

Hehe, already ordered the epic. Should be here by Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  Hehe, already ordered the epic. Should be here by Thursday.
                  -excited squeel- Once you start playing with the naga, you can't ever go back to the way WoW was before.
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment

Haha, who said anything about WoW. Got the Naga for SWTOR.

But it will take some time getting used to having to move my hand again. Been using a trackball for years.

Comment

It will definitely take some getting used to. I was thinking the 10-12 keys would be odd to reach but it's just the opposite, 1-3 I have to stretch to reach. Would have never guessed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                        Haha, who said anything about WoW. Got the Naga for SWTOR.

But it will take some time getting used to having to move my hand again. Been using a trackball for years.
                        :P SWTOR looks good, but I've heard that it doesn't replay very well. In any event you'll never want to use another mouse again as long as you live.

(@ your 1st post on pg 2) I have long thumbs so none of them are too difficult to reach for me... It takes some getting used to, once you get some muscle memory rocking you'll be fine.
                        85s
                        Skippyninja
                        Oomatherman
                        Judedaniels
                        MissRuPaul
                        Sumekomovani
                        Pattymelt
                        Shamwiches
                        Twonewon
                        Takakoinaba
                        Cursesmcgee

Comment

Don't know why they would say limited re-playability when all the quests have different options for responses. Granted half of them don't affect the outcome of the conversation but you can run thru one character choosing all the dark side options and one choosing all the light side options. There's definitely ways to do it so that things are changed a bit. But just like WoW, once you go thru an area with quests there's no need to read the text again.

For the mouse, I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to it. I might just give it to my kid and stick with my trackball. I do ok with it even in the warzones.

Comment

Good "real world" info on the naga.... thanks folks. Ive been using a logitech g7 for many many years, and the right button is starting to go, so im looking for a new mouse myself. I believe in spending money on a good mouse, because you use it constantly... its not an area to skimp on. Some people have said "logitechs suck"... but Ive had this mouse for 10 years and my logitech g15 keyboard for about the same....I wonder if razor mice will last that long?

For me, I need a mouse thats wireless. However, not AA or AAA batteries. The g7 has its own proprietary mouse battery.... theres one in the mouse, and a 2nd in the wireless broadcaster that charges while the pc is turned on. So, when the battery in the mouse dies, you easily swap it with the charged on in a few seconds. Its a great system.

so.... anybody former G7 users have a suggestion of what they replaced theirs with?
                            Hasc - Titans of Glory
                            Runetotem - Alliance
                            http://www.theoldergamers.com
                            http://www.lesrobertson.com

Comment

I'm sure the Naga Epic would probably suit your needs. For me it's just a personal thing of having used a trackball for MMOs for over 10 years (I've had mine for at least 15 now) I find it that much harder to maintain control over a normal mouse with the movement. Add onto the the complication of trying to press buttons on something that you're moving and it all goes pear shaped for me fast.

The Naga Epic has it's own rechargeable battery which is what you're looking for. Just sit it on it's base when you go to sleep or work and you'll probably never need to worry about a 2nd battery. Just if you turn your PC off during these times you'll want the based plugged into a 'powered' USB port that a lot of systems have these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X