OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I have to redesign after an update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I have to redesign after an update?

I enjoy using the Zygor Guides. It has helped me achieve goals that I could only dream of doing. I have started and finished many zones, expansions, and classes. I realize there may be glithces here and there, but the only annoyance I have is when Zygor is updated.

Do to my monitor size, I like to have Zygor at a certain size and location while I play. I love the additional tags that monitor weekly events and daily earnings. I don't use all of the features, but I organize the ones I do use. I like to set up my character's item score to utilize the suggested equipment feature.

All of that changes when Zygor is updated. It really makes me question why I spend $20 per month for 2 subscriptions if a simple save option isn't available to "remember" my settings during an update.

The settings should be saved and an update should not be resetting them. It sounds like your settings file may be corrupted. First, if you use widgets go into the Profile section of the guide viewer settings in game and click on Backup. That should give you a string that you can copy/paste into a text file on your computer to save it. Then do the following steps to do a full guide reset:

1. exit WoW
    2. go to the WoW/_retail_/Interface/Addons folder and delete any Zygor folders
    3. go to the WoW/_retail_/WTF/Account/<your account name here>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
    4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
    5. go back in game to test and see if that fixed it

If that fixed it then you can go back into the guide viewer settings and in the Profile section you can paste that backup string into the box at the bottom and click on Restore. That will restore your widget layout and data.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
    X