This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this guild just works that simple!

worth the buck! Don't settle for a Second rate guilde use the one and only Zygor

I leveled every class with this guild and did it faster then i ever would without it.

Comment

Zygor vs. Booster

I've have Zygor's guide for quite a while now and I really like it. About a month ago I came across anothe in-game guide that looked like it might be just as good or better, Booster. So I took the plunge to see how that would work out. They promised a lot of the same things that Zygor's guide does. One of which was a guide that worked with Hierloom Gear and linked account, etc. Zygor's guide handles that very well and does it automatically, Booster's guide didn't appear to be doing that so I posted a question on their forum about this topic. The response I got was "We are working on making this an automatic process but in the meantime you can usually just skip past the last few quests in each level bracket guide to keep you up to pace. But, just make sure you don't skip quests that are part of a quest chain." If I wanted to do that I wouldn't have bought any quest guides and just used QuestHelper and wowhead.com to level.

Another thing that got me interested in their guide was the training videos they have, which are pretty good and informative, although they promised over 130 videos they've only posted a little over 50 so far. They say they are working on the new videos but with Cataclysm coming out they would need to be updated shortly after release. Makes sense to me. Booster also promises to include the quest chain that unlocks the Dragonblight cut scene. Which is a pretty cool cut scene. Haven't gotten there yet since I'm busy trying to get Brewmaster on two of the three 80's I currently have as well as getting some pvp gear for all three.

At this point I still like Zygor's guide much better for a few reasons.

1) Zygor's guide points you to get all the flight points as you level on both continents. Booster keeps you in the same zone until you are done with all the quests for that zone, that might be faster but gets boring at times.
      2) The UI and arrow for Zygor just look cool. Booster uses either the QuestHelper or Carbonite arrow for theirs. I can figure out how Booster chooses which arrow to use because on my computer it uses the Carbonite arrow but on my girlfirend's computer it uses the QuestHelper arrow. We use the exact same UI and addons so go figure.
      3) Zygor's smart-injection system works great and continues to work as you level faster than the guide, Booster's does ok when you first start a non-level 1 toon but after that it's up to you if you out level the guide.
      4) Zygor's is updated regularly and has some other guides built in like the Dalies and Event guides. Booster is just a leveling quide.
      5) Zygor's guide will have you pick up most of the quests in an area even if you won't be doing they right away just so you won't have to go back and get quests when you're out in the area to kill or get the items for that quest from a previous quest. Booster needs to work on hteir pathing routes because I found myself running back to the Crossroads and Rachet way too much just to pick up quest I could benn doing while working on another quest.

So, in my opinion, Zygor beats out Booster for the best quality in-game guide out there hands down. I do like the training videos Booster did and look forward to them putting out the rest of their videos in the future but when it comes to leveling my toons I'm gonna use Zygor's guide for that.

Thanks for all the work you guys do to make this the best guide out there.

Comment

I like Zygors Guides cause they simply work. I never used the other guys guides and i may never even try to. And the upcomming Gold & Professions-guide sounds awesome too: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6186

Comment

I too have tried other guides, but Zygor is definitely number one! I will use no other guide but this one!

Comment

I would use zygor over any others that I have used. Over all very easy to learn and skip over quest you need. Also like the fact that the guide tells you what you need for the quest.

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
            Alright, here is your chance to say what you really think about Zygor Guides products and services. If you've ever purchased a guide from a different guide maker, we want to know how Zygor compares. Feel free to say whatever you like about your experiences, which guide you ended up liking better and why, who had better customer service, and anything else you'd like to share. Be sure to mention other products you've tried by name.

Comment

I have used Dugi's and Zygor's both to get toons to 80. I prefer the smoothness of Zygor's - Dugi's honestly has me running around sometimes, and seems to get lost. I DO like their UI though - the Tourguide clone is, for me (not flaming) is much better than the graphical UI of Zygor. I really wish you guys would provide an option to make the UI simpler to be honest. I like separating the current quest you are on from the Quest Watch - so I can use my own quest watch frame and just have a 1 liner of what I am currently working on. I will be buying Cata updates for both guides - but just food for thought - WTB simpler UI!

Comment

Originally posted by poon View Post
                I have used Dugi's and Zygor's both to get toons to 80. I prefer the smoothness of Zygor's - Dugi's honestly has me running around sometimes, and seems to get lost. I DO like their UI though - the Tourguide clone is, for me (not flaming) is much better than the graphical UI of Zygor. I really wish you guys would provide an option to make the UI simpler to be honest. I like separating the current quest you are on from the Quest Watch - so I can use my own quest watch frame and just have a 1 liner of what I am currently working on. I will be buying Cata updates for both guides - but just food for thought - WTB simpler UI!
                Hehehehe :-D
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                  Your teasing us. You have something planned don't you?
                  I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.
                  Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                    Your teasing us. You have something planned don't you?
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Zygor already said in the past that they were working on a simpler UI for the guides for those who wanted something not as flashy.

Man it scary, I can barely remember what I did a week ago and yet I still remember all of this odd stuff.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                        Zygor already said in the past that they were working on a simpler UI for the guides for those who wanted something not as flashy.

Man it scary, I can barely remember what I did a week ago and yet I still remember all of this odd stuff.
                        Early onset 'OldTimers disease" ? lol
                        * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                          Awesomsauce is what I say to YOU!

Comment

Been like that for years. Wish it was just the old timer's disease.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I bought Dugi's Horde and Dungeon Leveling Guides about 2 1/2 months ago and have just bought Zygor's Leveling and Daily & Events Guides.

Zygor's is much better then Dugi's in my opinion and here is why:

+They developed their on software to easily update the guides.
                              +They developed their own in game addon software that is more refined and polished then dugi's addon.
                              +Less errors and wrong waypoints given, and if there are, it's quickly rectified. Very important for me.
                              +Better website.
                              +Best support.

Dugis Dungeon Leveling Guide is not that great to be honest. I wish I had of purchased Zygor's guides first and saved myself some $$.

I prefer to run quests to level and just do a random/specific dungeon once or twice along the way for some gear and the achievement.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

You can hide the border by selecting the 'Auto-Hide Border' in the Zygor guide options, this get's rid of the graphical border until you hover your mouse over it for a period of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X