Disappointed....and satisfied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed....and satisfied

First, I must say that I am VERY disappointed with the fact that within hours of buying the Zygor Guide I got my very first gold spam ever on the email I registered with to buy it. Could this just be a coincidence? I suppose, but I generally don't believe in them. I've had this account for years and have not gotten any gold spam until now.

That said, I am very satisfied thus far with the guide itself. I look forward to them getting the SIS working so I can try it out on my 40's mage. From what I've read of Zygor's track record, it won't be too long.

I was concidering buying the dailies guide, but the fact that my email address was given/sold/stolen will likely prevent me from doing so. I have been VERY careful with that account, now I get to look forward to deleting gold spam daily from it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we are working on that now to see how this happened.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I don't get gold spam emails

Originally posted by squiggie View Post
      First, I must say that I am VERY disappointed with the fact that within hours of buying the Zygor Guide I got my very first gold spam ever on the email I registered with to buy it. Could this just be a coincidence? I suppose, but I generally don't believe in them. I've had this account for years and have not gotten any gold spam until now.

That said, I am very satisfied thus far with the guide itself. I look forward to them getting the SIS working so I can try it out on my 40's mage. From what I've read of Zygor's track record, it won't be too long.

I was concidering buying the dailies guide, but the fact that my email address was given/sold/stolen will likely prevent me from doing so. I have been VERY careful with that account, now I get to look forward to deleting gold spam daily from it.
      I've been a Zygor customer for nearly 2 years (maybe more) and I don't get solicitations from anyone else for WoW stuff. I'm sorry you have had that experience because these guides are phenomenal and the dailies/event guides are fantastic. I actually own every single guide they produce and I find them invaluable in leveling, gold runs, dailies and world events.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggie View Post
        First, I must say that I am VERY disappointed with the fact that within hours of buying the Zygor Guide I got my very first gold spam ever on the email I registered with to buy it. (

Even companies that sell your e-mail address usually collect them and sell them in bulk... The idea that they are selling them within hours and someone already had an e-mail out to you seems a little iffy to me, that said, if their site was hacked somehow and someone has an automated script to send out e-mails I suppose it's possible,

Not saying they don't, just saying I think there are lots of possibilities... Either way, it's an amazing guide, and once they get the SIS up and running again, I'll be the happiest player out there... hehe

Comment

I get gold seller spam at my registered email address too. Can't be for certain it came from Zygor but who knows, could have gotten it from anywhere I suppose.

Comment

Just want to throw my 2 cents on this matter. I have never received any spam email from gold sellers or what not and I have had this guide for a long time. I am sorry that you suspect Zygor might have had a hand in your privacy being violated, but if I had to bet money, I think they really had nothing to do with it at all.

Comment

It's possible that the company they use for credit card processing are to blame for leaking my info, as well...

On a side note, I was so satisfied with the Horde Guide that I wanted to pick up the Alliance Guide just in case I wanted to roll an alli character. Seeing as how I just bought the guide a week ago, I thought that they might let me add on the Alliance Guide for the $20 difference, but support said I'd have to pay the full $40 since I didn't buy the combo right away.

Guess I'll just have to stick with the Horde...a little disappointed, but I guess I'll live Less for the wife to yell at me for, anyway.

Nice job with the 3.0 interface, I like it much better than the v2 one!

Comment

I've never got gold spammer emails. I've also had Zygor's for a couple months now... so I don't believe its them or they fixed it before I got the guide.

Comment

I have not received any spam from the email address that I have supplied to Zygor. E-mail is not secure by any means, and please remember that messages are passed along from server to server. While it is illegal to read these e-mails on a server and collect information, it would not surprise me that a company or person does this.

I pay for Yahoo Mail Plus (~$20 /year), and they allow me to make essentially aliases for my real e-mail address to the account. If that alias becomes compromised, I simply delete it. It is also a sure way of identifying companies that sell your e-mail address like Rodale (Men's Health Magazine) Publishing.

By the way I love the guide, I can't wait for the gold guide because I am WoW poor.

Comment

you're gold spam didn't come from Zygor, don't make him waste resources on something that wasn't his fault and delay my daily guide ><

Comment

Satisfied

never once in the years I've been a member have I gotten one gold spam email.

Comment

Working...
                      X