Great guide for a returning player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great guide for a returning player

After being away probably close to 5 years, this guide was perfect for getting me re familiar with the world. I had no clue where to start when I logged in my 43 Warlock. I had no ambitions of restarting, and this guide led me to where I needed to go. I did notice a bug with the injection system though. After about 1 hr of running around unlocking flight paths(never had this many in my day) it sent me to arathi highlands around 43 and told me to get a flight to hinterlands but I couldn't. Had to trek there manually, not a bad thing learnt my class again hehe.

Overall a great piece of work. I bought the horde/alliance pack and am loving the game after such a long break. Levelled from 43 to 48 in no time at all. Seems its easier nowadays, was hell back near the start.

Love the guide. Highly recommended.

Originally posted by mordt View Post
    After being away probably close to 5 years, this guide was perfect for getting me re familiar with the world. I had no clue where to start when I logged in my 43 Warlock. I had no ambitions of restarting, and this guide led me to where I needed to go. I did notice a bug with the injection system though. After about 1 hr of running around unlocking flight paths(never had this many in my day) it sent me to arathi highlands around 43 and told me to get a flight to hinterlands but I couldn't. Had to trek there manually, not a bad thing learnt my class again hehe.

Overall a great piece of work. I bought the horde/alliance pack and am loving the game after such a long break. Levelled from 43 to 48 in no time at all. Seems its easier nowadays, was hell back near the start.

Love the guide. Highly recommended.
    Glad you're liking the guides. Welcome to the forums as well, don't be afraid to post if you have a question!

And leveling was hell back then, used to take months to get to 60. It's pretty easy to go 1-85 now in about 2 weeks if you play a few hours a night.

Comment

Thanks for the post. Glad to see you are enjoying the guides, and indeed welcome to forums.

There are some good people in here that are always willing to share their knowledge with the members, so feel free to post up a question you may have.

5 years huh? wow. Let me know if you need help on your lock.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys, yeah almost 5 years, played wow from beta then maybe 2-3 months in didn't grab me back then went back to playing EQ. After playing LOTRO for 3 years I was bored and thought, mm WoW has a ton of content still going strong let me look at it. Logged in had no quests, all my talents were reset. Couldn't remember my skills etc. Google levelling guide and came across this

I'm actually surprised with myself that I am enjoying the game again, But thats a good thing,

I seem to have my skills down pat again at least I'm flying through the content in the guide. Now almost 55 and can start one of them new popular classes the dread knight

Comment

LOL
          I did the same thing starting out, got my lock to 55 to make a Death Knight. I have a lot more fun with the warlock than the DK, but thats just me.

Anyway, welcome back.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Woohoo!!!! Go EQ!
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

yay level 60 only playing a few hours each night. Thank you. Re-enjoying the warlock so much totally forgot about the death knight thing i was aiming for. 70 here I come

Comment

Might I recommend a good Macro?

I use this for any Hunter/Warlock I make in WoW.

/startattack
                /Cast Immolate
                /petattack

Type it in exactly how I did into a macro. It will automatically cast immolate and have your pet start attacking instantly. Also, as a lock, I recommend leveling as Demonology, the felguard is an AMAZING minion to use.

And for anyone interested in the Hunter macro, just sub out the immolate line with:
                /Cast Hunter's Mark

Comment

You do realize that the pet will start attacking anything you cast a spell on right? No need for a macro to do it for you anymore. Just use something like Curse of Agony that does no initial damage and is instant cast to pull the mob and the pet will take agro with the first swing.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    You do realize that the pet will start attacking anything you cast a spell on right? No need for a macro to do it for you anymore. Just use something like Curse of Agony that does no initial damage and is instant cast to pull the mob and the pet will take agro with the first swing.
                    That's if you keep your pet on Def. However, I run in passive so it won't attack a mob I don't want it tooo, or a Player in a PvP situation.

Edit: Also, since I use immolate as my opener, the pet will auto charge the mob, and start gaining aggro before my spell goes off.

Comment

Yeah, I always have a /pet attack and a /pet back off macro on my hotkeys that I use if needed, but for the most part when leveling it's easy to leave the pet on Def, unless you level on a PvP server.

Comment

I actually specced in afflication, using everything shadow based, but might take on your suggestions. I seem to be killing things so fast never looked at the fire line of spells.

Will look into macros. I've always been a mouse clicker and in any game never used macros and realise these things could help. I'm still using the voidwalker dont know if thats a good thing or not but i never seem to get agro.

I usually start off with unstable afflication, curse of elements, bane of agony then corruption, maybe a shadow bolt on a boss, i found early that i dont cast my bolt in time before the mob dies. I usually lifetap once then Drain Life. Seems to keep at or close to full health and mana constantly. Still I havent done anything challenging yet so when that doesnt work I'll change strats.

I use Def on my pet also so he charges my first target with curse of afflication.

As you both use the fire line, is this defiantely better than shadow based spells?

Comment

Oh note to the creators of the guide

Eastern Kingdoms 55-60 part 178 level 59

Talk to ?

His name is Salt-Flop

Comment

I don't really use the fire line much. Most times with the Felguard I just do Agony and Corruption then use the wand. Single target pulls will normally result in the mob being dead by the time one of those DoTs expires, or just a couple seconds later. I only ever really waste the mana and unload on a mob if it's a multiple pull, otherwise it's easy to just do the two dots and keep going without ever having to stop. Might have to Life Tap every 3 or 4 kills, but you'll regen your health naturally in between without the need to use mana to Drain Life.

Comment

A GREAT thing to do as a demo lock, is use your felguard, get a mob of 7-10+ mobs depending on what you feel comfortable with.

Make him pull everything, when you feel like you can do the pull, have him do his whirlwind move, then you cast Hand of Guldan, followed by Rain of Fire, it drops them all really fast.

I've only done it in Outlands so far, haven't tried it in Northrend, but it should work still, you just might need to drop a few dots on the remaining ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X