Zygor Guides - Great but disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Guides - Great but disappointing

While I will say the guide is great, I used in the past. Is money well spend. Now why is disappointing?

I bought the guide way back before ZG3. Now they upgraded to ZG3 and new buyers receives lifetime upgrades. But what happen with the customers that actually bought the product at the beginning? Nothing they need to upgrade for $20. If you do the math you end up paying more than a new customer.

So now that I m coming back and want to level I can't use the guide because the addon is out of date. If I want to update I have to pay more than a new customer.

Yeah maybe losing 1 customer is not bad, maybe deleting this from the forums won't let people see the truth. But honestly good luck zygor guide and sayonara. Next time remember the people who supported you when no one else believe in you.

You purchased a 1-80 guide when you bought your guide. As promised, you received, and will continue to receive, free updates to levels 1-80. Updates to our addons are free and you get the full version free with our free trial. So, you might've purchased long before version 3.0 was released, but when it was released, you got it for free.

Now, what is not free is all future guide content for new levels that Blizzard produces. Our business model is the exact same as Blizzard's, except we don't collect a monthly fee for our ongoing and constant work updating these guides for you. The only time we ever ask you to pay again is for brand new content to the game.

Even with Cataclysm, you were given the entirely new level 1-60 content, which took thousands of hours to create, absolutely free. These guides are extremely time consuming and expensive to both create and maintain, and we don't ask for much at all in return.

If that rubs you the wrong way, we're sorry about that. However, this is a business, and no matter how much fun we have working in it, we have to pay the bills or we would be forced to close. Stupid reality, always getting in the way... :-P

Glad you enjoyed the guides while you used them and whatever you decide to do, we wish you the best of luck. Take care!
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by erunix View Post
      But what happen with the customers that actually bought the product at the beginning? Nothing they need to upgrade for $20. If you do the math you end up paying more than a new customer.
      Just compare it to other software business models. For many programs you either get free updates for only 1-2 years (for example antivirus programs) or until the next major version comes out (like MS Office).
      If you own a software you can get another update period or a new version for a discounted price.
      Let's say you buy a program version 1.0 for 500$, two years later you can buy the upgrade to version 2.0 for 200$. But a new customer again pays 500$ for version 2.0. You were able to use the software for two years and if you don't need the new features of version 2.0 you can still use your old version.
      The same applies to the guide. If you bought it years ago you used it for years and got and still get free updates to the content you bought.

Comment

Working...
      X