OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion: Allow Zygor to help players with things Blizzard took away from the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: Allow Zygor to help players with things Blizzard took away from the game.

Blizzard changed things a few patches ago to make things easier for them to program instead of helping users. It is a nightmare for me now.

For instance, every player who gets to level 20 qualifies to purchase a riding mount from a riding mount trainer for their class/race. But, actually trying to find that vendor is nearly impossible unless we either remember or write down the initial 'starting area' of each brand new char we create. That's because not all riding mount vendors will sell a riding mount to just any class/race of char.

Example: It took me longer (yesterday) to find a riding mount vendor for my level 20 Pandaren Mage than it took me to level to level 20! The Pandarens all start on an isolated island which appears to be inaccesible after we've left that starting zone.

I was in Stormwind city, and while I was there I asked one of the "City Guards" directions to both a Riding Mount Trainer and Vendor. Silly Blizzard took away the directions that they used to have, and now supply only a nearly-invisible red dot on the map. And, the Guards DO NOT KNOW that they are sending us to places which are NOT appropriate for our individual class/races. I could not find a vendor to purchase a ground riding mount. The silly Guard sent me to the "Horse" vendor in SW! I couldn't purchase a mount there!

I had to whisper pleas of help from other Pandaren players via the chat box, asking if they knew where to go. Only one of them helped, by giving me extremely vague instructions. Had Blizzard or Zygor simply told me that for my race/class that I could go to the NNW corner of the "Dwarven District," then swim to an island, and then locate the vendor! How in the world is any new player supposed to know about an un-mentioned, obscure island, at the top-end of Stormwind City for Pandarens?

Long-winded as usual by me, but this is not the first time I've had this same problem. I'm frustrated that there is no simple in-game dialogs, pop-ups, suggestions, etc. anywhere to simply tell users EXACTLY where they need to go (or can go, if there are alternative appropriate vendor locations elsewhere).

I'm sure most of you more experienced players remember everything by heart, for each char/class and also every vendor in every city in the game's 'world,' but I don't.

So, when the Zygor Guide recognizes when we are at level 20, is it possible for it to also offer some means of 'guiding' us to where the appropriate vendor is located?

Almost all of the mounts are now account bound. You should be able to use pretty much any mount that your other characters have. If they are not appearing on your mount page then all you need to do is log into all of your other characters and open their mount page to get the mounts flagged for the whole account.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Almost all of the mounts are now account bound. You should be able to use pretty much any mount that your other characters have. If they are not appearing on your mount page then all you need to do is log into all of your other characters and open their mount page to get the mounts flagged for the whole account.
      Thanks, but your reply doesn't really answer my question. And... I could not have the default riding mount (Turtle) for my new Pandaren char, since none of my existing other char's ever got one. It's new.

My original question was:

"So, when the Zygor Guide recognizes when we are at level 20, is it possible for it to also offer some means of 'guiding' us to where the appropriate vendor is located?"

Comment

For your specific question that is something that we'll have to look into possibly implementing in the future. Right now the guides won't do it and there is no option to allow this.

My original reply was intended to just let you know that you do not have to take time out from leveling to go looking for a mount.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          For your specific question that is something that we'll have to look into possibly implementing in the future. Right now the guides won't do it and there is no option to allow this.

My original reply was intended to just let you know that you do not have to take time out from leveling to go looking for a mount.
          Thanks Cabby! That's one more thing Blizzard did to complicate the interface... they removed 'mounts' from where it used to be (in the Professions/Mounts tab) to a tiny little icon on the action bar. As per your comment, only after all the hassle I went through, did I then remember the silly icon on the Action Bar and "could have" selected a previous riding mount type. Typical of me. But, it would be great to have the Zygor Guide fill-in the gaps that Blizzard created. But, that may be an impossible undertaking, since their game has so many gaps in it! LOL.

Comment

The problem with the riding skill would be that the guide needs to monitor your level the whole time and take actions when you level up.
            There's no specific point when to get the skill.

The only solution I could imagine is to include such steps in the appropriate leveling guides.
            For example in a guide covering the level 20 range include something like "if riding skill = 0 ask the player if he wants to learn riding and direct him to the nearest trainer" when the player reaches a quest hub with a flight point.

I even got my fast riding skill at level 45 because I was questing in Eastern Plaguelands and traveling to Ironforge took too much time.

What about the mounts, do you still need reputation for the race specific mounts or can you get a horse with a level 20 Dwarf?

Comment

I do not have a Dwarf on the realm I'm on. I don't anything about reputation requirements; the ground riding mount vendor in Stormwind City (who sells horses) never mentioned reputation. She never told me anything.

Reference: Your comment in your previous post, you said: "The only solution I could imagine is to include such steps in the appropriate leveling guides.
              For example in a guide covering the level 20 range include something like "if riding skill = 0 ask the player if he wants to learn riding and direct him to the nearest trainer" when the player reaches a quest hub with a flight point."

That's an ideal, but even something more simple would suffice. When the guide knows that the char-range for specific guides will eventually allow the char to gain lvl 20 (during that particular guide), it could display a text message reminder at the "start" of that guide that says something like: "We see that you will probably level up to char lvl 20 in this particular guide, so here is a list of (ground) riding mount vendors for your class/race, and where you can find them." --- something like that? Just a thought. At least, a "formula" wouldn't be required to calculate the char level.

Comment

The problem with such a step at the beginning of a guide is that many people don't read such texts.
                Also you would need to leave the current guide (or go back to the beginning) to get the instructions where to get the skill and mount.

I was asking about reputation because in the good old days you needed to go to your race specific trainer and vendor, you couldn't learn riding in Elwynn and buy a hores there with a Dwarf, you needed to go to Dun Morogh for that. And Draenei even needed to go back to the Exodar at level 40. I don't know if they changed this.

Comment

Do you have the 'skip impossible steps' option checked in the guide options? I think it was in the Step completion section.

Comment

This should be on by default.

Comment

Working...
                    X