Idea to improve Profs guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea to improve Profs guides

Hey Zygor team. First of all I just need to say im super happy with all my guides from you guys. With that being said i have an idea that may help me and others out with the professions guides.

I am currently leveling Engineering together with mining (awesome how your guide allows for that btw!) and to make this easy as possible i have to clear all my bags because they fill up super fast. What ends up happening is i have all my bags full of extra ore and junk from engineering (there's alot of extra junk from this prof). Now occasionally the guide mentions after making things that you need to save them for future recipe and then unless you wrote that down on a sheet of paper next to you keyboard that info is lost haha. So i end up keeping EVERYTHING scared i may need it. Now you can imagine what my bags look like right now... its a nightmare.

Is there a way/easier way we can identify what in your bags you can get rid of or sell so you dont end up with a bag full of junk you really don't need but are scared you might need so you keep?

I think it would be helpful to have some kind of tool tip listing what you can get rid of as soon as you create it or even gather it(such as when your leveling a mining with eng and you must continue to mine in order to gain levels well after you already gathered what it asked you to) Even if it was an "extra step" that popped up often in the guide that said "as of right now all you need from what you created/gathered is [this] so you are free to sell/ AH the rest" that would be SOOOO nice.

Going to move this down into the Suggestions section of the forum. Nice idea but I'm not sure how easily it can be done with what we have in place.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks cabby for replying so fast. sorry if i posted in the wrong area i just assumed because it was about Professions. Yeah maybe adding some kind of new tool tip would be asking to much but would even adding the extra step of just text into the guide be too much? just like every so often a step that lists what you absolutely need to continue progressing. i cant be the only one who ran into this issue with bags full of crafted stuff that you are unsure if you can get rid of or not. Thanks again for giving attention to this thread at all Cabby you rock!

Comment

I'll talk to the content team on Monday when they're back in the office again. Maybe something could be added to the AH step to include those extra items to help indicate what is needed.

Comment

I have to agree fully with the OP "jessman1502". Not only is the Engineering Profession the most expensive of all Professions, it is extremely bag-filling. I was forced into storing most everything of use and quality into 3 alternate chars, which filled not only their bags but their bank slots as well. LOL.

In my case, unlike his, I've already used or saved the items I needed to level up with, since I've made it to Ultimate Grand Master and now have only a few things left which I can create. But, that's only "one" of my chars with the Engineering Profession. I have several others which are still low-level in Engineering/Mining, so his recommendation still applies to me.

Comment

Kreelor thank you for putting your input on this subject. I knew i couldn't be the only one with the issue of having bags full of stuff from the process of leveling the Profession Engineering. I would think other professions have a similar issue but i could be wrong.

Once again i believe that just adding a "step" in the guide of text that lets you know exactly what you need to save or MORE important what you can get rid of after gaining a certain level in the profession(lets say every 100 points or so? or how ever your guide chops up the leveling of professions out of 600). I understand throughout the guide you get some info of "hey save X amount of these youll need them later" but in all honesty that info is all for nothing when you are power leveling the profession and dont write down those "notes" on a piece of paper and keep it on your desk. I mean isnt this why we have the zygor guide? so we dont have to write things down because we have the info right in front of us to mindlessly level haha As of right now to try to mindlessly level Engineering you end up overflowing your bags as well as bank with loads of stuff you are unsure if you can get rid of without having to gather again or rebuy off the AH.

Cabby i really hope you were able to bring this up with the content team when they get back. Hopefully they understand what im trying to say and i dont look like a jerk complaining because i am totally not complaining infact i love zygor guides. you have changed my WoW experience for the better ever since i purchased my first guide. I truely believe this could make the leveling of professions easier for everybody.

Comment

Yes, I do have this 'on the table' for the content team to discuss as a suggested improvement to the guides.

Comment

Working...
              X