Auto Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Sync

There should be a functionality to auto-sync the current quests so you don't get lost and have to look through the steps. If there is already a such function, please reply how I can do so.

Do you mean for a way to have the guides know what quests you already have in your log and then direct you from there for getting them completed?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Do you mean for a way to have the guides know what quests you already have in your log and then direct you from there for getting them completed?
      Yes, exactly, because right now, I'm just doing quests waiting for the steps to line up and I have a hard time finding the correct step number.

Comment

The guides will direct you to complete quests that are in your log and also in the guides. We don't have every quest in the guides so they can't direct you around to help with the ones not in the guides.

I would suggest, to help make using the guides easier, abandon any quests in your log, then load up your current guide at step 1 again. Then just fast forward thru any steps that are green (right click on the next step button) until you get to a step to accept a quest that is red. At that point just follow the guides and they will tell you what to pick up and where to go and it will become effortless.

Comment

The guides will direct you to complete quests that are in your log and also in the guides. We don't have every quest in the guides so they can't direct you around to help with the ones not in the guides.

I would suggest, to help make using the guides easier, abandon any quests in your log, then load up your current guide at step 1 again. Then just fast forward thru any steps that are green (right click on the next step button) until you get to a step to accept a quest that is red. At that point just follow the guides and they will tell you what to pick up and where to go and it will become effortless.
          Yeah I fixed it, there's some kind of bug when it tells you to leave a place such as "Exit the Cave" it remains red and never updates officially as leaving the cave.

Comment

Do you know which guide and step that was? If it doesn't update that you have left the cave (or any other kind of step like that) then that's something we need to fix.

Comment

Do you know which guide and step that was? If it doesn't update that you have left the cave (or any other kind of step like that) then that's something we need to fix.
              It was the Jade Forest for Alliance

Comment

Ok, if you notice this again please let us know which guide and the step number so we'll be able to find the cave in question quick and hopefully figure out why it's not auto-advancing the step.

Comment

Ok, if you notice this again please let us know which guide and the step number so we'll be able to find the cave in question quick and hopefully figure out why it's not auto-advancing the step.
                  Aight, thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Also, when I re-log sometimes (For example step 7, Alliance Valley of the Four Winds) it tells me by default instead of an arrow, to use my Death Gate (death knight) or sometimes hearth stone when that's not at all the way to the quest

Comment

The Jade Forest Alliance - Step 41, 110, 115, 117, 119, 121, 125, 156 (Get the The Arboretum Flight Path), 188,189,190, 193, and more were all counted as incomplete after I completed the Jade Forest Alliance guide completely. I'd take a look at that.

Comment

A lot of those steps will not mark as being complete because they're not tied to any quests, but they should auto-advance to the next step once you perform the action of the step. Did they (mostly) go to the next step automatically?

For the arrow when you first log in, this is something we've been trying to look into as it comes and goes.

Comment

Those enter / exit cave steps never automatically advance as they are not tied to a quest (as Cabby already stated) but they have a goal to complete, enter or exit the cave.
                          I have an idea about those steps for the Zygor team. It should be possible to link them to quests you do in the cave (with an "only if not completedq(12345) or not completedq(23456)" switch). This way they would get skipped in the future.
                          This may not always work with every travel step but with most of those caves steps.

I think I saw this problem with the Arboretum flight path too and maybe there was already a post in the forum about this. It's possible that something about the flight path has changed so it does not get detected. This may also be the reason why it does not get used by the travel system as was reported elsewhere.

Comment

Not using that flight path in the travel system was a coding problem that I believe was just recently fixed. I'll have to look over stuff to see if I can figure out what's happening with the flight path not being recognized in that step.

Comment

I checked fast forwarding the Jade Forest guide and the Arboretum flight path was recognized as known.
                              But the Paw'don flight point step was red.

And the Arboretum flight path usage still seems to be a bit bugged.
                              Step 3 of the Cloud Serpent dailies suggests flying to the Jade Temple Grounds. If I recheck the route it suggests the Arboretum.
                              This happens no matter if I use the fastest or lazy travel pereference setting.
                              But if I change the route calculation speed setting to slow or fast the guide seems to calculate better (but with fast it still sometimes uses the Jade Temple flight point).

Comment

Working...
                              X