Few Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Suggestions

Thank you so much for adding ant trails. They are very useful when using the guilds. However, when not using them that are a slight confusing ( more so if you are mining or herbing and looking for yellow dots on your minimap ).

So first suggestion would there be a away to add in a quick turn off... like a "pause" on the UI of the addon. So that you can quickly "stop a guide", as well as the ant trail, and then turn it back on. I tend to use a guide for awhile to do some achievements then farm for awhile then back. It's would be nice to just "pause" the guild and stop the ant trails while farming, and then click back to my guild without having to go through all the tabs in the interface to turn it on and off.

Second suggestion. At level 90 I am going through the game and picking up a lot of achievements and dailies. Some achievements I can't complete the day I start them so I switch to another one to work on. It would be nice to have a bookmarked (or recent) tab option where we have Home and Suggest. I know for each section there is the most recent guide used. However, what would be nice a a bit more than that.

For example, say you are working on "Is Another Man's Treasure...", "Midsummer Fire Festival" and "Higher Learning" as well as working on the "Hemet Nesingwary collection". This is 4 achievements that you would be flipping between. Would be nice to be able to "bookmark" those you are working on. This would hold the spot you were at when you swapped to another guide. We can set the guides we are working on to this section and when we are finished we can then remove them from the list.

Third suggestion, but not really anything dire. A guide for hunter pets. Where to get what pet and if there are any tricks.

And fouth and maybe last for now. A farming guide. Like what paths are best for herbing or mining for X ore/herb, or what spots are best for farm Y meats or fishing Z fish. I'd even be willing to toss you guys some screenshots of my in-game gatherer maps .

I am still loving the guides. Thanks

Just wanted to comment quickly on suggestions 3 & 4. We do have a guide for the hunter pets and it's part of the Pets & Mounts guides. We also have a farming guide in with the Professions guides for paths to farm up the herbs and ores. There are also farming guides for leather and cloth but currently nothing for fishing or meats.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks Cabby, must have completely looked over the hunter one thinking it was mainly mounts and vanity pets.

I had seen the "farming" ones, but they are a bit... lacking. What would be nice is a map overlay of the pathing on the World Map instead of just following the ant trail. Something like this:

mining-map.jpg

As I farm while checking on other achievements it would be nice to know if the pathing is taking me past the POI.

If it does do this then there is something bugged with mine as I do not get pathings on the World Map... just an ant trail on the minimap.

Comment

I thought there was an ant trail on the main world map as well as the mini map. Maybe another addon prevents it from showing. Try disabling all other addons and see if you get the ant trail on the main map with a farming path.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Okay, the ant trail does not work with gUI 3.0. Guess that won't be one of the guides I updating this round. Going to stick with Gatherer and Routes for now.

Comment

Working...
          X