OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will anything ever be done to correct this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will anything ever be done to correct this?

Will anything ever be done to correct this? It's extremely confusing. The newer guides have no clue about what we've done already, or at least they give no clues. That leads to repeating some of those 'red-boxed' statements. Maybe they should have been some other color if they are only notes and not steps or quests. They appear as steps or quests. Preferably, they should be marked as "Completed" (somehow) once we've done them, since they are required only once.

For instance, after achieving "Best Friend" for Gina Mudclaw, the guide stops at this screen and it looks as though we still have more reputation to gain for her. But, it's already maxed. So why continue offering two clickable alternatives to increase reputation?
    redboxed-notes (stop signs).jpg

Not sure if this was ever brought up before but looking at the file I think I see a way to make this less confusing and will let the content team know about it.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I've added in some routers to fix the issues you brought up. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I just now read in the update log (4.0.7565) for today that you fixed only the one example that I gave. Please, keep in mind that I provided only (1) example, but there are very many instances of the same kind of situation. I'm hoping you have plans to repair those others, as well as the one you fixed today. They exist in almost every guide (with the exception of the primary Zygor Leveling Guide). Thank you.

Comment

I think you misread the log kreelor. Here is what it says:

[B] Reputations
          Fixed the "best friends" guides to let players know that they have reached the main goal to prevent any confusion
          This doesn't say that it only fixed the Gina Mudclaw guide, it says it fixed the "best friends" guides (plural). I've checked and all of the different rep guides for the Halfhill NPCs that you can obtain best friend with have been updated.

Now if there are other guides that you find you have a problem with you need to let us know which ones are confusing you so we can look at them. When we look at these guides we aren't confused by them, but we did create them so we already know what we expect them to do. Simply asking us to fix all of the guides that confuse you doesn't help at all as none of them are confusing to us. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Comment

Thanks for replying and for fixing the 'Best Friends Guides.' However, you are still referring to the Best Friends Guides, and as I said, it was only a single example of the same kind of issue (the 'red-boxed text') that appears in nearly every other guide, with possibly the exception of the primary Zygor Leveling Guide itself.

I see that you are suggesting that I'm the only one who gets confused by the UI. Maybe others just don't take the time to report the issues? If I'm the only one, then I'll just stop reporting all together.

There are hundreds of those issues throughout the newer guides, therefore, I cannot possibly report each and every one of them! And, most likely, Zygor doesn't want to fix the issues either. It's just too easy to say that 'since kreelor's the only one who is confused by it, we don't need to fix what we created.' To me, it's a Zygor UI design issue throughout the guides which is in need of clarification/rectification.

I have spent far more time trying to figure out what the guides are doing than I have on actually doing something! Each guide step has no text at the top of its display mentioning which guide (by name) it's actually using, such as 'reputations, tiller's reputations, other dailies, primary leveling cooking guide, angler's dailies, etc., etc., etc. That 1-line-text-info would alleviate at least some of the confusion when trying to figure out which guide is in use, since none of the guides are aware of the existence of the other guides! Currently, it's all trial and error guess work or else countless writing on paper. I'm just frustrated because it is not working in a smooth, logical manner (for me). It looks like all those newer guides were "hurried" into the clickbank market place. I'm far less happy with them than the original Leveling Guides.

Comment

Perhaps you just don't understand how some of the other guides were created and intended to work. Let's use the MoP rep/daily guides as an example. With those guides you will see a lot of red lines for accepting different quests. Suppose 'Joe Panda' is an NPC quest giver for Shado-Pan rep. Now the way Blizzard set it up is that 'Joe' can have anywhere from 0-5 quests available on any given day and the number available is reset and randomized each day. So that would mean one day he could have 0 quests, next day 5, and the following 1. Now Blizzard does not tell any addon what quests 'Joe' will have each day so we can't tell you exactly which quests to pick up or if you can ignore him for the day. We can't even tell how many or which quests he has available if you open the dialog window with 'Joe', we can only know what he has each day by what quests have been accepted and are in the quest log. The only way we can cover every situation is to tell you to accept all quests and then have a 'click here if no more quests are available for the day' line at the bottom. Then all you have to do is walk up to 'Joe', accept any quests he might have, and then click that line to move on. At that point the guide viewer will know what quests to give you steps for and ignore the steps for all of the other quests that 'Joe' didn't have for the day. This is very common for the reputation and daily quest givers and the only time you don't encounter this is when doing the main storyline quests used for leveling.

Each guide step has no text at the top of its display mentioning which guide (by name) it's actually using, such as 'reputations,...
              The guide that is currently being used is visible at the top of the guide viewer directly under the word Zygor. In the picture you posted in this thread it shows "Gina Mudclaw". That is the name of the guide currently being displayed. It shows you the name of each guide currently active all the time right there. The only time you won't see it is if you go into Secondary display mode and have the guide viewer borders turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                ....The guide that is currently being used is visible at the top of the guide viewer directly under the word Zygor. In the picture you posted in this thread it shows "Gina Mudclaw". That is the name of the guide currently being displayed. It shows you the name of each guide currently active all the time right there. The only time you won't see it is if you go into Secondary display mode and have the guide viewer borders turned off.
                Here's an example more precise to what I was referring to. And, this is just one example of many instances that it occurs in throughout these particular guide steps.

This happens in almost every 'step'. You can't tell which one it's actually referring to, unless you have a photographic memory.

Note: Sorry about the misspelling of "referring to" in the last line of the image text.

which way is this referring to.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                  Here's an example more precise to what I was referring to. And, this is just one example of many instances that it occurs in throughout these particular guide steps.

This happens in almost every 'step'. You can't tell which one it's actually referring to, unless you have a photographic memory.

Note: Sorry about the misspelling of "referring to" in the last line of the image text.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1248[/ATTACH]
                  For this particular issue, I actually see in the guides where this was meant to be put in, but the format of it isn't working. They should have the proper titles after today's afternoon update.

EDIT: The dev team informed me that they have been working on issues regarding the titles (where you see "525 Cooking") being displayed properly. The information is now there, they will reflect the changes once they are being displayed properly again. No current ETA on when the development team will have this completed.

Comment

Thank you for working on this! I think it will improve the guides quite a bit. Regarding the steps in Cooking, although I attained "Master of the Ways" with my Mage, I have other chars which will be using the guides as well, so the improvements will help greatly.

Comment

Working...
                    X