OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a way you can improve your guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a way you can improve your guide.

Hello Zygor. I have been using your guide for almost a year now, and i can't level without it haha XD. But i do have a suggestion that can GREATLY improve your guide. Many people that use this guide cannot do instances to get better gear, or use BoA gear, because doing this will give xp that isn't supposed to be gained while using the guide.
    So what I suggest you do to fix this problem is to put a "Calculate" button in the user UI. This button will calculate what level you are on, how much xp you have, what quests you have or have not done, and if you have BoA armor equipped that gives extra xp, and then give a new list of quests and directions to follow.
    This will make it a WHOLE LOT EASIER to get back on the same page as the guide. It will also help the people that bought the guide with an already decently high character that leveled without the guide. So instead of trying to find out what quests they should or shouldn't do, because they aren't sure if they have done the quest or not (or for whatever reason), they can just simply click the "Calculate" button, and it will put them right on track of where they need to go and what they need to do.
    I am currently leveling a pally right now, but because I did a couple instances, and have BoA shoulders, I am leveling a level 27 with the level 24 section of the guide. I also had a 55 hunter. I had a very difficult time trying to catch up to the guide because I didn't know what quests i had or had not done, and wasted A TON of time. Luckily the new guide started because I leveled to 60, and the guide is completely new for the Outlands. But if that wasn't the case, I would have been REALLY frustrated.
    If you put this tool in, I truly believe this guide will be picture perfect. It will save a ton of time, get people leveling faster, and will eliminate frustration. Thank you for taking the time to read this

Sincerely,

quazza

This issue is exactly what our new Smart Injection System (SIS) addresses. You can see a video about it on our sales page at http://www.zygorguides.com. Or, you can see the video directly here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a02QLBOve4

Enjoy! :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Wow, sounds like you haven't updated the guide in the last few months.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
        This issue is exactly what our new Smart Injection System (SIS) addresses. You can see a video about it on our sales page at http://www.zygorguides.com. Or, you can see the video directly here:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a02QLBOve4

Enjoy! :-)
        Yeah i tried it but it didn't fast forward a ton like it did in the video. i had to keep right clicking. It DID skip the all green ones, but it didn't skip the ones that i didn't need to do because they were so much lower than my level. The most it skipped each time was about 4, then i would have to right click again, and again, and again. Is there any way that I can fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by quazza View Post
          Yeah i tried it but it didn't fast forward a ton like it did in the video. i had to keep right clicking. It DID skip the all green ones, but it didn't skip the ones that i didn't need to do because they were so much lower than my level. The most it skipped each time was about 4, then i would have to right click again, and again, and again. Is there any way that I can fix this?
          If you have the 'skip obsolete' and 'skip impossible' steps checked, as well as 'skip travel', and have your progression bar moved to 2 or 3 levels, the only thing it should stop on then are quest chains you should consider doing.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

How far below your level were the quests that you manually skipped past? There are often quests that are 10+ levels below you that start chains and if you don't do them then you'll end up losing out on quests at your level because you can't accept them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
              If you have the 'skip obsolete' and 'skip impossible' steps checked, as well as 'skip travel', and have your progression bar moved to 2 or 3 levels, the only thing it should stop on then are quest chains you should consider doing.
              Where are all the "skip" check boxes? and the bar? where are those?

Comment

Right click on the Zygor minimap button to open the guide options, then in the left panel click the '+' beside Zygor Guide Viewer, then select Dynamic Progression.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  Right click on the Zygor minimap button to open the guide options, then in the left panel click the '+' beside Zygor Guide Viewer, then select Dynamic Progression.
                  k i did that but the tabs under "zygor guides viewer" after i hit the "+" were "display" "waypoints" and "profiles" where do i go from there?

Comment

nvm i got it. i just re-downloaded it :P thanks for the quick help btw. that was awesome

Comment

Working...
                    X