Talented addon, talent advisor, and The Battle for The Undercity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talented addon, talent advisor, and The Battle for The Undercity

Love the guide guys and girls, question does the Taleneted addon work with this new 2.0 build of the guide? If not I suggest providing suppport for it in the future.

One other thing to, this is mainly when the quest gets to the point where you get to the Wrath cinematic, once the quest is done and you turn in the shield to Wrynn it has you go on in the guide avoiding the Battle for the Undercity, I would recomend adding doing the Battle for The Undercity into the guide so that Org and Undercity can be de-phased for later raiding. But that is just my two copper.

According to some other Talented users it doesn't play well with the Zygor guides at the moment. That thread can be found here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3138

As for the Battle for Undercity part, I believe it was left out of the guide as the Zygor staff are mainly concerned with helping people to level. Getting things like this done for possible future raiding isn't as high on a priority list when it comes to the main focus of the guide, just getting levels.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I stumbled upon this de-phased bit quite by accident when I was trying to accomplish the Hallow's End achievements recently with my 80 Hunter, and went looking for the festival outside Undercity. I had to do some research, but figured out where I left off and picked it up easy enough. As for the guide, I agree that taking this route while trying to level quickly just isn't necessary. While the Battle for the Undercity questline is fun and lore filled, it is not what the guide is designed for in my opinion.

Comment

maybe add a note into the guide to lets us make our minds up :P

That way both partys are happy.
        I just cant wait for the quest done info comes out for us lot to use addons to help us get the old quests we missed. I sure it not going to be to long (if not already done).

Talented, yes it whold be nice to get working with zygors. But a small work about, set the talents adviser to manural and to ask on leveling, This way when ever you level you see zygors advisior.

Comment

One thing that can be done is to use something like Carbonite that will track what quests you have completed. This can't find out which ones you've done before installing the addon, but it will track and remember any quests that you've done while using the addon.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            One thing that can be done is to use something like Carbonite that will track what quests you have completed. This can't find out which ones you've done before installing the addon, but it will track and remember any quests that you've done while using the addon.
            new change in 3.3 i think, you going to make me qoute it?
            I cnarember it was on wow.com :P

Comment

Found it :P
              Originally posted by [url=http://www.wow.com/2009/10/19/patch-3-3-ptr-new-ui-function-lists-completed-quests/]wow.com[/url]
              Over on the WoW LJ community, poster Honem has pointed out something that made me sort of squeal with glee when I first read it: The latest PTR build includes a couple very interesting new functions, as reported by official forum MVP Iriel:

* NEW - QueryQuestsCompleted() requests that the server send the client a list of completed quest ids. Once the list is received the QUEST_QUERY_COMPLETE event is fired. (There is a limit on how frequently this can be called)
              * NEW - tbl = GetQuestsCompleted([tbl]) populates a table (creating one if necessary) with the ids of completed quests.

That's right, you can now get a list of every quest your character has completed. Testers on the MMO Champion forums report that it's only the quest IDs themselves that get sent, but addons such as Lightheaded and Questhelper, one would assume, can probably take care of the rest as long as they get those quest IDs.

The ability to recall completed quests should be a good boon to mod makers and questers. Those looking to grab Loremaster will appreciate being able to figure out where to head next, and those that have had a handful of quests left for the title and no idea where to find them will finally find some relief. Here's to all the mod authors already working hard on using these new commands to get us squared away in Patch 3.3. Many a Loremaster will owe you a debt come Cataclysm.
              There, can i have a cookie now?

Comment

Yes, I knew about that and the Zygor devs also know and are already making plans to use that new feature. I was just suggesting a possible means of accomplishing what you were referring to now before that patch.

Comment

You can do it now before the patch comes out if you;re prepared to install the PTR cleint. There's an addon at wowinterface.com called "CompletedQuests" or QuestsCompleted" - cant remember exactly, that's desoigned to use the new api and modify the data in your "EveryQuest" mod. In a nutsehll what you need to do is install the ptr client, and copy your charater to the ptr (via blizzards website) then install and run this new addon on your ptr client. Save the results back to your main client's saved variables for the everyquest addon. It's a bit complicated, but it does work. I have done it on my lock.

Comment

Originally posted by sonalita View Post
                    You can do it now before the patch comes out if you;re prepared to install the PTR cleint. There's an addon at wowinterface.com called "CompletedQuests" or QuestsCompleted" - cant remember exactly, that's desoigned to use the new api and modify the data in your "EveryQuest" mod. In a nutsehll what you need to do is install the ptr client, and copy your charater to the ptr (via blizzards website) then install and run this new addon on your ptr client. Save the results back to your main client's saved variables for the everyquest addon. It's a bit complicated, but it does work. I have done it on my lock.
                    CBA :P

I just going to wait for carbonaite to get an update so it knows what quests you done and so removes them from the quest givers overlay :P

*puts feet up*

Comment

Working...
                    X