Expedited Version of Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expedited Version of Guide

I would like to see an option in the guide to expedite you through it ....

for example instead of picking up quest A and B and then going somewhere and completing Quest A ... instead go complete Quest B while doing the requirements for Quest A since the stuff your killing to get B done is required for A

another example would be ... instead of doing the requirements for a quest THEN go kill named guy for quest ... kill named guy first because you will get half of the other requirements done getting to the named mob

hope that makes sense

Makes perfect sense to me, I think I had brought this up quite a while ago. At this point tho, we probably won't see any changes until after Cataclysm is released because that's going to require an almost entire re-write of the guides.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by JekwaZ View Post
      for example instead of picking up quest A and B and then going somewhere and completing Quest A ... instead go complete Quest B while doing the requirements for Quest A since the stuff your killing to get B done is required for A
      The guide already does this where it makes sense to. Often times you will complete several quests before you are asked to turn them in. In Cataclysm, things are even more streamlined because you usually only have 3-5 quests at a time anyway.

another example would be ... instead of doing the requirements for a quest THEN go kill named guy for quest ... kill named guy first because you will get half of the other requirements done getting to the named mob
      This has been suggested before in the past, and we've taken this suggestion into consideration while writing the Cataclysm guides.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

same thought

I know this is an old thread, but I still don't see the implementation.

There are many quest groups that are like:
        Kill 10 Mob-1
        Kill 8 Mob-2
        Kill 17 Mob-3
        Kill Big Bad Mob Boss

The guide usually, if not always says "Go here, kill Mob-1, Go there, Kill Mob-2, ..., Kill the 'boss'"

It would be more efficient to guide us to the boss, killing the mobs along the way. Then kill the rest of the numbers on the way out. I've seen many places where this make sense, but end up grinding through the same set of mobs twice.

Comment

Then you should have seen the response regarding that suggestion just above your post...

This has been suggested before in the past, and we've taken this suggestion into consideration while writing the Cataclysm guides.
          The key to that being the Cataclysm guides. Since the entire guide needs a rewrite, it would be appropriate to place such rewrites as what you suggested in the expansion pack upgrade.
          If this will be implimented on those that do not get the upgrade is yet to be seen.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I would imagine that even those who don't purchase the upgrade would still see the improvement in quest pathing, simply because the 1-60 section has to be re-written for everyone. All the old zone changes will occur for all players regardless of any Cataclysm purchase.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I did see the quote that was quoted, I also recognize the "taken into consideration" clause...

Comment

LOL....

I see.

Well, given what Ive seen with Zygor and crew, most things requested that wont change the nature of the guides (keeping to solo leveling) have been put into updates.

I also know promises won't be made that can't be kept, which is why we got the 'consideration' line.

If it can be done, it will be.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Everything we've written for Cataclysm so far has been done with this principle in mind. If players will kill mobs required for a quest while doing another quest, we have them do that other quest first.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I was thinking of opening a new topic but my comment seems to me to apply here, and its such a little thing, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

I have a human warlock doing step 215 of level 77 where one kills Frozen Earths to get Essences of Frozen Earths.

Then, beneath that, I am to seal elemental rifts.

Since sealing elemental rifts generate a Frozen Earth which must be killed, perhaps the two steps could be switched around. By the time you sealed seven rifts, you would have most of your essences.

I was killing free-roaming Frozen Earths until I saw the rift part. It would have saved me time.

Anyway, just a little thing.

I love the guides!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X