Loremaster Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loremaster Guide

I think it might be possible to create and market a guide based around completing the Loremaster Achievement.

Basically, compiling a list of steps to complete X amount of efficent quests per continent, and then using the smart injection system to remove the previously completed quests would give you a step by step path to loremaster with minimal issue, which would be awesome! Some of the quests are rather obscure/require grinding dropped items that begin quests so a utility like this could really streamline the process/remove the headache!

This is a huge undertaking and simply following the guide with no SiS will get you a fair part of the way there. Granted, at level 80 the order of quests could be made a lot more efficient

I have to ask though, is this title staying around with Cataclysm? There are a few people in my guild that are racing to get it (two completed) simply because they think it will go away.
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

You will definitely keep the title if you achieve it now.
      And I think they will include a new version of the achievement. I read that you get achievements for each quest zone like in Outlands and Northrend. Possibly you'll get the title when you have all of them.

With Cataclysm coming a guide for the current loremaster would be far too complicated as you need many more quests than are included in the leveling guide.

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
        I have to ask though, is this title staying around with Cataclysm? There are a few people in my guild that are racing to get it (two completed) simply because they think it will go away.
        I believe the achievement will stick around for the expansion they will just increase the requirements. I can possibly see them moving the current achievement to a Feat of Strength and existing Loremasters could get the new achievement by completing the required number of quests in the 81-85 zones.

However, with all the changes in the vanilla zones, not having the Loremaster achievement from the 1-60 zones prior to the expansion may prevent you from being able to get the achievement at all.
        My tanks:
        Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
        Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
        Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
        Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
        Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
        Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
        Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
        Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
        Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

Originally posted by raynman View Post
          I believe the achievement will stick around for the expansion they will just increase the requirements. I can possibly see them moving the current achievement to a Feat of Strength and existing Loremasters could get the new achievement by completing the required number of quests in the 81-85 zones.

However, with all the changes in the vanilla zones, not having the Loremaster achievement from the 1-60 zones prior to the expansion may prevent you from being able to get the achievement at all.
          the loremaster title in cata changes instead of completing 560+ quests Eastern kingdom ect you will need to complete X Quests in each zone (like how tbc and wotlk parts of the achievement work)

Comment

This would have been a brilliant idea about 1-2 years back, I'm sure it would have sold well. Also; an Insane in the Membrane achievement guide!

Actually, achievement guides in general could be a good idea, no? At least for the harder ones. The players getting those are mostly dedicated hardcore players who might be willing to pay for saving time. Should be worth looking into, depending on the number of difficult Cata achievements.

Comment

There is a thread for this already. It would not be possible at this time to work on a Loremaster guide.
              My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Working...
              X