What no ports!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What no ports!

As I lvl I just thought the guide for mages should take in to account for mage ports instead of saying fly to org the zep to uc?
    I think the guide update for cata should say PORT to UC and not fly to x the zep to y....

Just my thought and hopefuly u guy can implement it in to the guide for mages since it would save some ppl that don't think of the steps ahead.(i always look at the place it tellse to goto so if I can I port to save time and gold instead of flyn from tanaris to ashenvale...I'd just port o org then fly to ashenvale and save a few silver and not to mention 5 mins of flyn)
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

My 2c:

Being a coder (though not much in LUA) myself, I don't really see a lot of merit in creating a separate fork in the guide(s) every time there's a travel step. Doing a class-check fork for each travel step (similar to the class quest sections in the lower levels) would really just add bloat to the guides.

I may be a bit biased in my view on this, being that I'm one of the people who read ahead when there's a flight step to see if I can save myself a flight by porting to, or close to, the destination.

Comment

Im no coder, but I agree with the post over.
      I guess no one is that "lame" that they cant think. (no offense to anyone)
      If you can port instead, yust do it

The guide never tells you to goto trainer ether, does that mean you never upgrade youre skills?

Comment

Shamans can use Astral Recall to hearth more often...

Serousily I don't think it is necessary to include special mage steps when traveling. I recommend letting the guide show more than one step and look where you have to go next.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
          Shamans can use Astral Recall to hearth more often...

Serousily I don't think it is necessary to include special mage steps when traveling. I recommend letting the guide show more than one step and look where you have to go next.
          You can show more steps by hitting the button next to where the gear would pop out. This lets you scroll through and look at more than the one quest you are on. You can alter the size of the viewer by dragging the bottom edge up.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I have 3 steps ahead ofthe one I'm doing shown so I no to port but it was just a sugestion...
            I no when to port or what not to travel faster then the guide says so it's not a prob for me!
            LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
            Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
            Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
            Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
            Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
            Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
            Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
            Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
            Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
            Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
            Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
            Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

I know a while ago (maybe 6 months or more) Zygor had said that they were working on a way to make the travel steps more intelligent and separate from the guide. Maybe this is one of those things we'll see when that's done, maybe one of the new features hinted at with the Cata release.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
              X