Make position settings global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make position settings global

Would you PLEASE remove position settings from \WTF\Account\{accountname}\{realm}\{charname}\layo ut-local.txt

This snippet is from layout-local.txt:
    Frame: ZygorGuidesViewerMapIcon
    FrameLevel: 2
    Anchor: BOTTOMRIGHT
    X: -287
    Y: 14
    W: 32
    H: 32
    Frame: ZygorGuidesViewerFrameMaster
    FrameLevel: 12
    Anchor: TOPLEFT
    X: 25
    Y: -50
    W: 40
    H: 40
    Frame: ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrowFrame
    FrameLevel: 1
    Anchor: BOTTOMLEFT
    X: 366
    Y: 81
    W: 50
    H: 50
    This info belongs in \WTF\Account\{accountname}\SavedVariables\ZygorGui desViewer.lua, in the ZygorGuidesViewerSettings.Profiles.{profilename} section.

I try to maintain a common layout across most of my characters, but keeping the info in layout-local necessitates the use of an editor for maintaining changes.

i.e.: if I have ten alts, then I need to edit ten different files. If the alts are on different realms, then things get quite tricky.

And as I do have SOME differences (based on roles) for other addons that also keep position in that file, I cannot take the easy way out and replicate layout-local.txt to all chars.

edit: I've looked through the code, and it should be something like a a ten-minute edit, plus a few minutes to test if it works.
    QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
    The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I do not want to have global settings since my UI looks a little bit different depending on what class I play.

Have you looked at the Profiles settings in Zygor's guide? There you can create a profile that you want to use and then when you login with your other characters you can then select to use that profile. Then you should load the settings that you decided when you created the profile.

If you do not want to use the same profile for all characters then you can create a profile for every char and then copy the existing profile from the char with the positioning you want.

You should only have to do this once for every character.

Comment

Yes, I do use profiles, and that's where I would like my positioning to be kept.

In other words, if I use the "Priest" profile, then all alts using that profile should have the ZG frames in the same place, and if I change the positioning on one alt using that profile, the change should be reflected on all alts using the profile.

Unfortunately, that's not the way it works now.

QQ QQ QQ QQ <- my new signature
      QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
      The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
      X