Getting a Bronze Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a Bronze Tube

In the Alliance Guide for levels 25-30, steps 55-56 involve flying to Stormwind (from Menethil Harbor in Wetlands) to buy a Bronze Tube from the Auction House. Then you go to Lakeshire and continue.

There is a vendor in Wetlands that sells the Bronze Tube, and he is very near the area to which the guide brings players anyway. Step 49 is to go to 18,27 to kill some mobs which can be spread out over quite a large area, in fact going right up to near where this vendor can be found. The vendor is Fradd Swiftgear, an Engineering Supplies vendor, and he can be found in the yard outside his home at 26.6,25.7 which is 395 yards from the POI for step 49. In fact, this vendor's home is almost directly on a straight-line path from the POIs for steps 49 and 50.

However, this vendor only has a limited quantity; I believe it is one, and I don't know the respawn time. So there is a chance he won't have any when the player gets to him.

Therefore, I respectfully suggest that a new step is added between steps 49 and 50. Since this vendor's home is on the way from 49 to 50, the player should be directed to visit this vendor to buy a Bronze Tube, if he has one. If the player is able to get a Bronze Tube at this point, the steps to fly to Stormwind to visit the Auction House should be automatically skipped, since that's the only point of those two steps; instead, the player should fly directly from Menethil Harbor to Lakeshire.

I have tried to but the tube everytime Ive been pass him with numerous charactors.
    He has never had one.

Comment

Yes, there is a bit of luck involved.

I bought one from the vendor earlier today, when I found myself near him and decided to sell some of the junk that had accumulated in my bags. I didn't know what he sold until I browsed his goods. And another bit of luck was that I had accidentally scrolled ahead in the Guide and saw the step to by a Bronze Tube, and also that I remembered that when I saw it for sale on this vendor. So that's what prompted me to post this.

There's also a bit of luck that you'll find one on the Auction House, too.

I just feel that with this vendor being so near to where you are anyway just a few steps before the Guide has you go out of your way to get one, that it should be included.

Comment

When I did the quest in question, I simply asked another player who I knew had an engineer. They were more then willing to give me one for next to nothing.

Ask around on your server. Many times, an engineer will be willing to take a few seconds to help you.

Comment

You could try to pick up a tube from the vendor just down the hill from where you need that item. That's how I got mine.

Failing that, the AH is always available. Though as I play on Xavius (ranked as New Players now, though when I joined it was a medium pop server) the AH is nearly always empty.

If you're anything like most people using the guide you should be a couple of levels ahead and can probably skip any questline (even chain lines) that requires items you can't acquire. You'll catch up again in short order.

Comment

why not move the shoping list into the game with when you will need the bits?

That way, you know you will need this at this step. So you can look for it for a number of days, i sure most of us use AH alts,

Comment

Working...
            X