[feature request] Support dual spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[feature request] Support dual spec

With dual spec less expensive at the lower levels, it would be really awesome to Zygor support dual spec. Especially for hybrids.

Z

Moved to suggestion forum. And I think Zygor is working on something for this but hasn't confirmed anything yet.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I think that they should also have Raid Spec configurations as well... For both Tanking, Healing and DPSing.

Comment

Originally posted by dorminyk View Post
        I think that they should also have Raid Spec configurations as well... For both Tanking, Healing and DPSing.
        i'm pretty amped about this too. there's a thread here

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...lds-Discussion

where you can import various types of builds. For example, Zygor only comes with PvE DPS and PvE tanking for DK... you can add in raid or pvp specs (there's easy instruction to import)

nothing really to expect until after cata i think tho

Comment

Originally posted by palenaka View Post
          i'm pretty amped about this too. there's a thread here

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...lds-Discussion

where you can import various types of builds. For example, Zygor only comes with PvE DPS and PvE tanking for DK... you can add in raid or pvp specs (there's easy instruction to import)

nothing really to expect until after cata i think tho
          Those talents builds are old builds from before 4.0.1 they don't work anymore. You can still post in there but the builds are not good for the redo of the talents.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by zyzx View Post
            With dual spec less expensive at the lower levels, it would be really awesome to Zygor support dual spec. Especially for hybrids.

Z
            I have almost responded to this post twice so far... but I think this time I will actually submit the reply...

Think about what you are asking for with the above request. You are basically asking them to write literally hundreds (actually, I think the number is in the thousands) of talent-spec combinations to take into effect all the possible dual-specs. Even to cover the more popular combinations, you are probably looking at dozens more possibilities. Right now they already have support for all the single specs... so once you decide what you want for your second spec, it will once again suggest how to populate your points. I'm not sure how putting dual spec combos together would be worth the time it would take.

At first I was thinking you were talking about the guide actually suggesting to switch the spec prior to the next step... I hope that's not what you're thinking, because that would require them to take every quest and analyze it for not only every class, but every dual spec possibility... needless to say, that is simply not possible.

Just my .02 worth... ok, maybe a little more than that...
            * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Dual spec support is pretty easy from the user side. You select a target build only for the selected spec. If you witch to secondary spec the target build will be empty and you select another build. After switching back to the primary spec the talent advisor recognizes it and uses the first build you selected.

There is no need to do dual builds such as fury and protection warrior in one build as you can't spend talent points on the inactive spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                Dual spec support is pretty easy from the user side. You select a target build only for the selected spec. If you witch to secondary spec the target build will be empty and you select another build. After switching back to the primary spec the talent advisor recognizes it and uses the first build you selected.

There is no need to do dual builds such as fury and protection warrior in one build as you can't spend talent points on the inactive spec.
                Zygor has said they're working on it. And most likely it will be as Cartman has said. They shouldn't need to do it that way voltec.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Then I'm confused... because from what I've seen, we already have what Cartman described. When I've worked on my DK and my fiance's hunter, both are dual spec'd - and although some of the specs I have tried weren't part of the ZG build, some were. Don't we already have the ability to use the ZG Talent build on Spec 1, then switch to Spec 2 and apply the ZG talent build to that spec too?

If that's the case, and what I said isn't what he meant... then what does zyzx mean?

(If it's not the case and ZG can't support the 2nd spec right now then I must have hit my head one too many times and I would now understand why I'm confused)... lol
                  * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Originally posted by voltec View Post
                    Then I'm confused... because from what I've seen, we already have what Cartman described. When I've worked on my DK and my fiance's hunter, both are dual spec'd - and although some of the specs I have tried weren't part of the ZG build, some were. Don't we already have the ability to use the ZG Talent build on Spec 1, then switch to Spec 2 and apply the ZG talent build to that spec too?

If that's the case, and what I said isn't what he meant... then what does zyzx mean?

(If it's not the case and ZG can't support the 2nd spec right now then I must have hit my head one too many times and I would now understand why I'm confused)... lol
                    He's trying to make it auto change to your secondary spec when you have hit the change spec button.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

yep i think that's what the OP meant, having the Zygor thing "sense" when you switch spec and have an associated build loaded automagically

personally I think Zygnor team should focus on having the framework (which is awesome btw) and have a thread where people can copy their favorite builds.Sorta like this one

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...t-Build-Thread!

Zygnor's made it super easy, all ya have to know is how to use notepad

Bliz has done an excellent job reworking the trees so there's less situations where there's 1 build you absolutly should be using.

Comment

Support for multiple Pets is what i want.

Comment

Originally posted by sommerling View Post
                          Support for multiple Pets is what i want.
                          Well, the talent guide should check the current pet type and apply talents from the spec fitting the pet. i.e. tenacity pet gets talents from the tenacity spec.

A hunter often changes the pet, according to the type of questing. A bear for some types of work, a cat for others. We shouldn't have to go into the setup each time we change the pet - it should be automatic.
                          QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                          The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by palenaka View Post
                            yep i think that's what the OP meant, having the Zygor thing "sense" when you switch spec and have an associated build loaded automagically
                            Almost...

For example, I am leveling a shadow priest right now, but when I go into the dungeon finder I like to heal for faster queue times.

I would assume you just would pick your primary spec and secondary spec. Just as you do now for the advisor. (support for pets would be swell too, for each type of pet. Cunning, Ferocity, Tenacity)

Currently I just go a few levels on shadow, then switch everything over to holy and activate secondary and make the changes.

Comment

Working...
                            X