secure website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

secure website

Just bought the guides and i saw that the member login page is not secured it should be really.

I would strongly suggest that you secure your website with https when we are logged in as members it is kinda normal when you have a login otherwise passwords are sent in plain and so on.

It's not needed. I just took a look at the html source for the site (You can check yourself by right clicking the site while not being logged in and clicking "View source")

<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js?v=408"></script>
    <form id="navbar_loginform" action="login.php?do=login" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password, vb_login_md5password, vb_login_md5password_utf, 0)">
    <fieldset id="logindetails" class="logindetails">
    <div>
    What this means is that when you click the log in button, your password is encrypted by your computer and then sent to be processed.

Comment

Ah thx for that update Bomyne didnt know that its just im generally skeptic too sites that dont use encryption.

J

Comment

Originally posted by jabathehutt View Post
        Ah thx for that update Bomyne didnt know that its just im generally skeptic too sites that dont use encryption.

J
        hehe. I frowned when I read your post as I didn't think Zygor would be foolish enough to transmit the data unsecured so I took a look for myself and turns out... he's not! He's just done it so that your browser doesn't have to worry about certificates or the like.

As long as javascript is enabled on your browser, your password is sent encrypted.

Comment

Working...
        X