Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instance leveling

Hey there,

Been using the guide now for a few years, its helped tons for me, however ever since cata came out its now faster to level using the dungeon finder (if I remember correctly, and it has been on par to my observations, if not a bit frustrating without knowing all the dungeon quests and instances well enough to lead them), and I really do like running the older dungeons because I never got a chance to do it seriously (because I started playing right before wrath came out, which by the way I was onlyable to rush my main and alt into to be able to experience the first weeks of raiding: trial by fire, all thanks to the guide!).

But now, I would much rather level using the dungeon finder for the reasons listed above, I'm not a big "lore" fan so I don't really mind missing the new quests, so are there any plans to make a instance leveling guide by chance? And if so (for people like me who have the guide already) would the guide be separate or considered a new purchase?

There are a few guides out like this already, but by no means do I wish to get them because Zygor's has just been so awesome, would absolutely love to see an instance guide be made with as much thought that was put into the other guides, espesically one that listed the lower levels steps needed for newer people to run those instances without having played them before [not asking for a hold my hand walk through, but I can't find a "walk through" for the older instances ] And as a tank by trade, its quite frustrating to do so.

Just curious, and if nothing else, a great suggestion!
    ~Ozzy
    ~"lol, my alt just beat your main!"

There has been talk of a possible Dungeon guide in the future, but what that would hold is still up in the air. I'd imagine that it wouldn't have dungeon running guides, but more of a guide for where all the different quests involving the dungeons are similar to the leveling guides. We may not see a Dungeon guide either now that most of the quests for the dungeons can be obtained inside the dungeons at the entrance.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I appreciate the responce, and thats a good thing to know, because now I can hope Zygor's might actually make a guide like that, and I know it would be great just by default.

If I may though, when running these lower instances, the only thing that makes it tiresome, is not knowing the instance itself (i.e. who needs to do what to whom, like CC ect) a "path" would be great too (like maybe a mini-map "line" or something) to keep from going the wrong direction and whatnot. In general, the guide wouldn't take much if I'm thinking this right, especially with older players with raid experience. It would be nice to know (as a tank) what I'm supposed to do to lead them however, and this information is quite difficult to find it seems...

Thanks again,
      ~Ozzy

Comment

That might be hard to do. As far as I know you can't create any waypoint markers inside a dungeon like you can on the normal zone maps so there's no arrows that can be used like the normal guides have. Zygor would have to create his own in game map to open that would just have lines drawn on it and some text explanations.

There might be better info out there for that. I think Atlas has some instance maps, but they don't show any kind of routing to use, just where the named spawns are and loot drops. Someone else here on the forums might know a good dungeon guide type site for finding tips and tricks to the different dungeons.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Most dungeons are pretty linear. I only went through the BC and WotLK dungeons so far and there's no real need for waypoints in there.
          The most frusttrating classic dungeons have been reworked, the sunken temple and blackrock depths.
          Just get the Atlas addon and you know where the bosses are. With AltasLoot you can see what drops you can get from each boss. AtlasQuest shows the dungeon quests you can get along with other information. But I think this addon is not up to date right now.
          You can also find this information on wowhead:
          http://www.wowhead.com/zones=2.0
          Then you can get a boss mod like Bigwigs or Deadly Boss Mod that show helpful information in bossfights.

Comment

Back again,

Good points, I totally spaced DBM showing info on the older dungeons, and for the life of me don't know why, I guess this would be suffcient if not a little time consuming (and therefor I still, personally at least, see a "want" for a more profession setup for "on the fly action" maybe). All-in-all I'll just wing it, still keeping my fingers crossed though, if for nothing else, just for props to the Zygor's team :P

Thanks again for the help (and patience for that matter!) and keep up the awesome work guys.
            ~Ozzy

Comment

The biggest thing to know when you start the Cata dungeons is there has to be CC. Let everyone know when you rez in that you are new, and would like a quick explanation and mob markers to know what your need to do. If you are a mage, tell them you would like a square (for example) on the mobs you need to morph, and tell them you would like to morph the mob the marked mob to start the pull. This keeps the morphed mob back where he was, and the rest of the group comes to you, away from any chance the morphed mob will get hit and remove the morph. Another tip for mages is get mage nuggets; this gives you a morph timer (among other nice mage tools) and will let you know if you need to refresh the morph.
              The advise could work for any type of CC your toon happens to have, like sap on a rogue. As the tank with rogue only CC I pull the rest of the mobs with Hand of Reckoning after the sap, then use Agent Shield when they are right in front of me. Obviously, when this happens, the mage stands right beside me so I can grab the group.
              Anyway, point is, if you have a CC you will be valuable. But either way, tell your party you are new to the run. I havent had anyone give attitude to a new runner.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
              X