Achievement Guides Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Achievement Guides Suggestion

This suggestions relates specifically to those achievements that require you to interact with specific player class combos. I.E. Worgen Hunter, Draenai Paladin etc.

I'm assuming that pre-patch v4.01 the Zygor guide sent you to Dalaran to do these quests because, due to its portals, most players used it as their main base and, as such, was where you had the best chance of finding all of the needed class combos.

However, since patch 4.01 and the arrival of the new Stormwind Cataclysm portals, it looks to me like Stormwind is now the new player 'base', again due to the new portals and removal of the Dalaran portals. Plus, I have also noticed that even though the guide info for these kind of quests frequently mentions that you must do the guide in a specific location (shoot them with arrows etc) in actual fact you can do them in any place you find the needed player class combos.

I suggest you change the guide step destination for these kind of quests to Stormwind instead of Dalaran. These days you have a noticeably better chance of finding the needed player combos there, or even Ironforge, over Dalaran.

Hmmm, while thinking of Ironforge, it's noticeably faster to take the tram to Ironforge than it is to take the flight 'taxi'.

(Moved thread to Suggestions -- silverhawk11)

I believe that most of those were in Dalaran because a lot of those achievements required you to also hit the other faction race/class combos as well. You won't be finding Taurens sitting in SW at the portal.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Heh... Hadn't thought of that! But...

My original suggestion is still valid, albeit with a change. Mainly because with patch 4.06 finding your own faction combos will still be a whole lot faster if you look in either Stormwind or Ogrimmar, and then go to Dalaran for the cross faction combos. It may be all that is needed is an 'informational' step that mentions why going to both Dalaran and your faction main city would be a good idea, sort of like what the 'Love is in the Air' achievement guide has in Step 1 for Love Charm grinding.

Comment

Working...
      X