OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadow Priest talent build needs some serious re-thinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Priest talent build needs some serious re-thinking.

I'm curious as to the thinking behind the Shadow Priest talent build path. For some odd reason it is set up to put points in talents long before the abilities for those talents are available while ignoring talents that are not only useful but essential to a good Shadow build.

One issue is the 2 points in Devouring Plague some levels before actually getting the skill...which I can kind of see since you get the DevPlague right after putting the points in the talent. It wold seem that those points would be better used in Improved Mind Blast.

More importantly is the guide trying to put 2 points into a talent that is simply not needed until level 66 when your character is only level 29. Veiled Shadows reduces the cooldown on our threat dump, Fade, which isn't needed by a questing character and lowers the CD on Shadowfiend which doesn't become available to the character until level 66.

The most important talent for a level 29 Shadow Priest with 10 pts in talents is Shadowform, and yet the guide doesn't have us taking that for a couple of more levels.

Needless to say I've deviated from the guide which is odd because they are normally spot on when it comes to builds. I believe the Shadow build needs revamping.

I've only used the lvln build on my MM hunter besides that I look up end game builds and fill em in as I lvl... Save a few gold too lol
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

There's already a discussion about this going on here:
      http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...Talent-advisor
      Sometimes putting talent points into a talent that is not already available is a good idea because you have maxed this when it becomes available.
      And some talents are used early to get further into the tree and because of missing PVE alternatives. There are some occasions where this happens. This is due to Blizzards many stupid talent tree changes...
      But I agree about shadow form being very important. And I'm sure the talent builds will be looked over once the advisor is fixed.

Comment

We are aware of the Talents needing to be updated. We are working to fix the current problems with this guide and also will be looking at the set up for each talent.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
        X