Rotation helper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotation helper

To make a already awesome talent guide more awesome. I miss a rotation helper to optimise dps while leveling. With Zygor it goes realy fast and I have trouble to adjust with the speed I level up. I know there are many diffrent ones but I REALY like Ovale spell priority addon as it has a script thats updated for all classes and specs. I would realy love if a similiar feature would be in Zygor guides in the fututure.

I believe this has been suggested in the past. I think the response from Zygor at that time was that he wasn't sure if this would be something he wanted to try to do because, as you say, there are already quite a few addons out there that do this well.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You may check out the SpellFlash addon:
      http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...pellflash.aspx
      You also need the class templates, search for spellflash on Curse to find all of them.

It highlights the button with the ability to use next. I use it for a while now as I play all classes and don't have the time to read all class guides to figure out what to do. And my DPS is pretty nice.

Comment

You may want to look at Ovale
        QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
        The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Rotation addons are usually made for groups/raids and is not always applicable to solo play. I would really like to see a description of which spells I should use and how my spell usage should change with higher levels and with specific talents. Just a page on the zygor website would be enough.

Comment

I use Spellflash now for a while even with low level characters and when playing solo.
            The good thing is that it only highlights buttons in your action bar. So if you don't have a spell there you won't be bothered by it's button flashing.

I see no big difference questing with most classes or playing in a group unless a special raid build is used. Maybe playing a tank build without group differs from playing solo but normal DD builds are fine.
            While leveling WoW has become button a smashing game anyway, just put on your boxing gloves and hit the keyboard. You'll be level 85 in no time with this tactic...

If you want information for a certain class feel free to ask here on the forum, I'm sure you'll get some detailed information. The WoW sites I use to look into class guides are in German so I don't have links for other sites in English.

Comment

Originally posted by krendar View Post
              not always applicable to solo play
              And pretty often, they are not really applicable to anything else as well. Everything is situational, and most "rotation helpers" are meant for standing behind some boss, whacking away in peace - a thoroughly hypothetical situation, as most bosses have AOE, adds, phases or whatever. In other words, you are still required to think (ouch!).

BUT! If you use common sense (yes, I know; a very depreciated phenomenon), those addons can teach you a better understanding of how to use your class. I know that my understanding of my hunter really improved, when I first tried Ovale, shortly after it came out. It also helped me get started with my druid cat, even if it didn't really handle combo points.

Use it as a learning tool, not a crutch.
              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
              The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
              X