OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions add coords to NPC list, and make the list auto cache/update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions add coords to NPC list, and make the list auto cache/update.

Hi Zygor,

Just a suggestions.

What about look into adding NPC coords to NPCs list. And if it was possible, then auto cache/update NPC names/coords when a player is close enough on a NPC to get the data. It should not update if data was nil og if npc was not ingame because of event or such. If it was possible, all coords was always updated, and NPC name was never nil. Then the guides need less update when world changes, and guides will use less memory.

So:

Code:
    .talk 5482
    would write all data at once:

Code:
    goto Stormwind City,77.3,53.2
    talk Stephen Ryback##5482
    Code:
    ZygorGuidesViewer_L("NPCs", "enUS", function() return {
    [05482]="B|Stephen Ryback|Stormwind City,77.3,53.2|",
    } end)
    If it's is possible to do, it would be a great improvement.

Love that thought, only downfall I can really think about for it is what if the coordinates in the file are off before you get close enough for it to cache the proper coordinates. And then how would we get the correct coordinates from the users to update our files.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Improving on the idea: the coords should be kept separately, so as not to keep them locale-locked.

That idea has been discussed already, but so far there are more pressing issues we're developing. I'm all in favour of it, if time permits.

Of course the coords couldn't be updated in any realtime manner, they'd have to be maintained manually - but they'd be stored in code only once, making it just easier to manage.

Comment

You're right the coords should be maintained manually.

But is it possible the first time creation of the list to catch the coords in realtime manner? Else guysNgirls.. that's so much work to adding all coords manually. I count 13052 NPCs listed right now.

Did you really manually type the NPC list you have now? I feel so bad right now suggestion such a time consuming idea.

Comment

I believe it was all typed out.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
          X