On-site / in-game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On-site / in-game?

I purchased the D3 guide, based purely on the excellent quality of the WoW guides.
    The discount was a nice carrot, too.

When I've gone to the members area, I see the regular "download the client", "manual installation", etc.

Above that is the Diablo 3 "Access the guide" link.
    It appears to be a guide solely accessible through the site. I don't mind at all, but:

Is that (the guide being site-only) the case or is there an in-game component (as with the WoW guides)?

One thing I never thought to ask anyone is if there are any kinds of addons allowed in D3. If not, that would answer the above question / explain why the guide is site-only.

Thanks.

Site only. No addons allowed in d3.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Looks as though the guide only includes ACT1 at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake561 View Post
        Looks as though the guide only includes ACT1 at this point...
        "** - Note: Customers who order will receive instant access to an early sneak peek of our Diablo III guide, which consists of a partial walkthrough of Act I as well as beginners guides for all the major aspects of the game. This was the only content available before the game's release. Upon the official release of Diablo III, these guides will be updated daily with a complete full game walkthrough (Act I-IV) and expanded guide content for crafting, classes, skill optimization, the followers system, and achievements, until the full game is covered in the same fashion as this sneak peek version."

Copy/paste of info at the bottom of http://zygorguides.com/diablo/ info page.

Hope that helps.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Well the game isn't released yet. You can google spoilers from datamining right now but the guide will be updated when it can after the game is live. Reason Zygor doesnt use datamining is because that can lead to the wrong info more often than not. So take any more info than from the beta with a grain of salt.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Beta only included what is included in the guide so far. I'm sure when the game hits, Zygor and slav .. co-workers will get the new content out as and when they complete it.

So far, the guide is very nice and of good quality, just reading the history of the game brought the memories flowing back and I am about to install D2 again, just to see me over until release. PoE just isn't doing it for me.

Comment

Yes, right now there is no ability to create any in game addons for D3. We don't know if Blizzard will ever add this functionality. This means that for now the guide will be web-based only.

And yes, there will be many sleepless nights for staff once D3 goes live on Tuesday. The team will do their best to get thru the content as quickly as possible and get the guide updated just as fast.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Is there a iPhone app version of this guide in the making or no?

Comment

No, but you can always access the web-guide from your phone's browser.

Comment

Last they said is there will never be any addons for D3. They said that's why they made it be online only. They didn't like people modding D2. They said they let it go but they were never happy that it happened.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Will there be any way of getting this at least on a PDF format so when we're in the game we don't have to keep the webpage open?

Comment

There are no plans at this time to create a pdf version of the D3 guide.

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

As D3 also offers fullscreen windowed mode it should be possible to use a second monitor to keep the guide open while playing the game on the other monitor. I used this method back in the old WoW days when there were only PDF guides around.
                            2 hours and 25 minutes until the EU D3 servers crash

BTW, reporting back to duty, sorry for not being around here in the last weeks due to several private and business issues.

Comment

Hey, good to hear from you again Cartman. We were wondering what happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X