Mac client - zero byte resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac client - zero byte resource

I have had to do a manual install as a work-around. When I launch the Mac ZygorUpdater, I get an error box that says "Zero Byte Resource". The interface comes up and with regards to my account, it says "Welcome (null)!". The Current version says "none". If I click on the update button, it says it is downloading the update, but it never finishes. Any idea on how I can correct this so that the updater works correctly?

The zero byte error is because the Updater is having problems with getting the news to display at the top. This is a cosmetic bug.

To fix it saying welcome null go into the Settings and enter your Zygor website username and password into the proper boxes.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I already have the username and password from the website in there. I am just trying to get the updater to work. =/

Comment

Your guides are not updating, or the info usually in the box is not there?
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

If your username or password contains any special characters (such as ~!#@$%) this can sometimes cause problems with the Updater. Try going into the Manage Profile section of the Members area and changing it to only letters and numbers, then make the same change in the Updater settings.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            If your username or password contains any special characters (such as ~!#@$%) this can sometimes cause problems with the Updater. Try going into the Manage Profile section of the Members area and changing it to only letters and numbers, then make the same change in the Updater settings.
            That was the solution. The updater is working fine now. Thank you!

Comment

mine id or psw hasn't any special characters but i got this error. if it's only a cosmetic bug i don't mind at all.

Comment

The zero byte error is the cosmetic bug. It just means that it can't display the News at the top of the Updater.

The special characters will give a problem sometimes for the Updater to log in and download the guides you own.

Comment

Are there any plans to fix this zero byte bug? You've explained it away as a cosmetic bug, but it's been that way for months. Thanks.

Comment

This is on the list to be fixed but the dev team are currently focused on the bugs in the guide viewer. Since this is a cosmetic bug it has a lower priority over the current guide viewer bugs being worked on. I do not know an ETA on when the dev team will get to this bug.

Comment

I'm a new member. I just bought the guide. The error still continues.

Comment

Working...
                      X