Not able to download updater on MAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to download updater on MAC

Whenever I try to download the updater it gives me the error in my screen shot. I downloaded the latest version of Java like the website said... Please help!

Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 3.34.26 PM.jpg

I keep having the exact same problem. It's an .exe file that's being downloaded and not a .dmg

Just need the link to the right download. Thanks.

Comment

Just thought I'd post my fix for bravefan1983, or anyone else having issues getting the mac client to DL.

I actually signed out and then made a dummy account to get the free trial. To save you the headache, here is the link they provided when I was done registering: http://www.zygorguides.com/updater/ZygorMacClient.dmg

From there I just opened the correct .dmg file and entered my normal account info. It gave me a couple of error notifications, basically saying that there was no data since I was using a trial version. I just closed those notifications pop-ups and downloaded the current version. Good to go!

Hope this helps.

Comment

We had a problem with the new Java based client (that's what the download link is supposed to point to) and the new ESO guides and had to pull it from the download page at the last moment during the ESO launch. As soon as it's fixed we'll be putting that in there and you won't need to have a separate client link for the Mac systems. Until then you can use the link that lillyharari kindly provided or you can perform a manual installation.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Actually it worked but gave me a invalid file name error but did not say what filename was invalid. Running the update now.
          Last edited by jnbutler1815; April 5, 2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I have downloaded the .dmg but i keep having troubles starting guides.
            When i hit the repair button it will pass the download status ok.
            when the updater hits extracting i get the error that there is not enough disk space.
            Uhhh,, i have disk space enough, i changed the security for the zygor app to everyone read/write.
            the WoW application directory also had ReadWrite ...

Any advice would be more then welcome.

Comment

Have you checked Gatekeeper settings?

Comment

Yes i have the gatekeeper option on allow apps downloaded from Anywhere

Comment

Have you tried to do a manual installation of the guide files? That has worked in the past to get the Updater past some of these more odd behaviors.

Comment

Manual installation of the guides seems to work fine.
                    I will wait for the new client to be released

Thnx
                    Last edited by vernievernnl; April 5, 2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

The link for the zip download is below the Download button. If you're still seeing the older site (the one with the Windows and Mac icon) then you want the Manual installation link, if you're seeing the new site (with just one Download button) then it's part of the sentence directly below that button.

Comment

Working...
                      X