Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request, linux compatibility

Hello,

I run linux and I am able to use the updater through WINE. But this seems very inefficient, its a program running in the java vm running in an emulator. A jar file should be able to run on any OS, but it produces a NullPointerException on linux. I poked around a bit and it looks like the program sets some variables depending on weather it is running on windows or macos. I think that these variables don't get set when run on linux and that may be the cause of the problem. I hope you will consider looking into the issue. More games are coming to linux all the time, so I think that this fix will probably be a good investment of your time.

Thank you

WoW is not officially supported for Linux, and as such, it is not an environment I test on to ensure the client is free of bugs in. I would already argue that it's inefficient to play WoW via Wine, so there should be no issue having a... much lower of importance, for the lack of a better phrase, program running on Wine.

If you want, you can create a Feature Request over in the feedback section. If other users share your desire, they can let us know as well, and perhaps it's something we will reconsider.

Comment

Working...
    X