Zygor won't save my PC's new WoW Installation Directory location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor won't save my PC's new WoW Installation Directory location

Hey, folks. Looooooooooong time subscriber, but it's my first time having a major problem with Zygor.

I recently replaced my main hard drive on my PC (C:/) and added a second larger one (D:/) as well. In order to maximize space on my main drive so that it's pretty much just my OS, I installed WoW to my D:/ drive...and that's where the problems started.

When I reinstalled Zygor, I noticed that both guides I use (Retail and Gold) were flagged as not working. I quickly deduced that the guide would be trying to look in the most common location for a WoW install, do I went to Options->Directory, changed the locations for the three fields it asks for, go back to the main page...and it's still not working. So I go back to the Directory page after trying all the most common fixes, and that's when I noticed that it reverted to WoW's standard location for those three fields.

Undeterred, I went back in and changed it to the correct locations again...and yet it reverts back again. Then I tried adding a second, new installation directory and set it as the default instead...and it still changed to the standard location too!

I have deleted the Zygor files from both Saved Variables and the Addons section, I have tried Sync, Repair and Uninstall over a dozen times each...but nothing has worked.

So either you folks can find a solution to this, or after all these years, I'll finally have to cancel my Zygor subscription - which I don't want to do at all, but there's no sense in paying for something that won't work on my system.

Any help?
    Last edited by intheembers; June 15, 2023, 10:34 PM.

Are you typing in the new location in the boxes or are you using the magnifying glass icons next to the box to select the setting? After changing the 3 boxes are you clicking on the green check mark to save those changes? Can you please post some screen shots of your settings for the 3 boxes you are editing?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! The answer among the options you gave me above turned out to be the green check mark...I thought it was only there to show that I had made those changes; since it didn't have any sort of box shape around it, I had no clue that it was actually a button! I pressed it, and voila! Things are working perfectly again.

Thanks again, and I hope my asking this question helps other people who might find themselves in the same spot I was in.

Comment

Working...
      X