Serious Guide Crash Bug: ZygorGuidesViewer.lua is erased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious Guide Crash Bug: ZygorGuidesViewer.lua is erased

I was reporting a Bad Stage bug, and when I tried to copy page 4 of 8), I got a "Failed to Paginate, serious please report" error. (that Bad Stage bug is my latest post in the BS thread)

So I go to reload my ui, because the [Z] symbols from the flytext are stuck on my screen (this is a common issue, not sure if its addon bug or client bug, but I suspect the latter) and I get this error:
    Code:
    Error: 1 / 1   Time: 01:25:12   Gametime: 3090.714   Count: 1
    Reason: } expected (to close { at line 458) near '['
    At: user:/SavedVariables/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:1050
    My guide is completely reset, all progress steps lost, it doesn't even know which zone guide to load.

This is the second time its happened, but the first time I managed to catch it with ZBug running. The first time I thought that it was due to a minimap addon (ZrMM Updated) that had a bug, but I am using a completely different one now (RadarMiniMap).

So to recap, reporting bug, get failed to paginate error, fly text artifacts stuck on screen, /reloadui, get the above error and completely reset and erased ZygorGuidesViewer.lua (yes, it completely erases it).

This is a bad one, especially since its happened twice to me, now. That's 4 characters that I have to figure out what steps they were on, again.

Code:
    Error: 1 / 1   Time: 02:25:08   Gametime: 2291.028   Count: 1
    Reason: } expected (to close { at line 12) near '['
    At: user:/SavedVariables/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:602
    Had it happen again after posting a Bad Stage bug, but this time I did not get a failed to paginate error while copying the bug. Other than that, same steps, addon crashed after a /reloadui to clear those [Z] artifacts off my screen.

I don't get this error if I /reloadui at any other times, only after I copy/paste for a Bad Stage error.

Comment

Hmm, normally that kind of thing is only happening when ESO fails to save the SavedVariables file properly. I'll talk to one of the dev team when they're available after the holiday weekend about this.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

That's fine. Considering how buggy that client is right now, anything is possible.

The important thing to note, is that it only happens if I click the Copy button on the Bad Stage error window. I've not been able to reproduce it any other way. Using the Copy feature is also the only way that I get those [Z] artifacts stuck on my screen.

Comment

Indeed that's a client error, we'll try to work around it.

In a nutshell, ESO totally fails to save any savedvariables that happen to have some odd characters in them - it writes an unreadable SV file.

Can you send us your Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file?
          Last edited by Zygor Support; July 4, 2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Sorry, holiday weekend and busy week. I can, how do you want me to send it to you?

Comment

you can post it here on the forums or you can send it via email to support@zygorguides.com and I'll make sure it gets to him.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thank you. If it happens again, I'll send it in. I've been occupied with other interests, so its been a few patch updates and may not be an issue now.

Comment

Working...
                X