OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried multiple ways to add a .jpg to a post. Doesn't work anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see some .js calls in there so there's definitely java involved in the background. Make sure yours is updated.

Edit: Also, have you tried with the Chrome browser?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

JS is javascript, not java JS is a browser thing, Java is a plugin thing

My firefox isn't up to date. Latest is 15 but I'm using 14.0.1. I'm going to update it and get back to you.

EDIT: It's up to date. No luck.

Comment

Please also try the Chrome browser as I've had no problems with Chrome so it might be browser related.

Comment

USS_Enterprise-D_approaches_a_Spacedock_type_station.jpg

This is strange. I tried IE, Firefox (With and without addons) and opera, none worked. Works fine in Chrome.

Comment

Ok.. I'll let our web guy know.

Comment

Testing... poring.jpg

There we go, posted from Firefox 15. Clicked the purple "select file" button, picked a file, clicked "upload file", the dialog closed and automatically pasted "{ATTACH=CONFIG}786{/ATTACH}" (just with square instead of curly brackets), and it's up. At which point does your procedure fail, Bomyne?

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev View Post
                Testing... [ATTACH=CONFIG]786[/ATTACH]

There we go, posted from Firefox 15. Clicked the purple "select file" button, picked a file, clicked "upload file", the dialog closed and automatically pasted "{ATTACH=CONFIG}786{/ATTACH}" (just with square instead of curly brackets), and it's up. At which point does your procedure fail, Bomyne?
                After I click Upload files, it goes though the process then fails

I've done some research for that. What it's throwing is a yui error #2038.

http://yuilibrary.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9654

There's no proxy between me and the Zygorguides.com server. Not sure about antivirus.

Comment

Hmmm, working here with Opera 12.01
                  cartman2.gif

Is it possible that a web filter of an antivirus software interferes?

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                    Hmmm, working here with Opera 12.01
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]787[/ATTACH]

Is it possible that a web filter of an antivirus software interferes?
                    I just looked into that. I don't have an antivirus installed.

EDIT: Curiously,whenever I quote an image one of you posts, it comes off as a link. Member permissions problem?

Comment

I just tried a test with Firefox 15.0 and got an error also.

302 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

Comment

Using IE 9.0.9 with all updates applies on Win 7 Ulitmate.

WoWScrnShot_081112_150114.jpg

Seems to be working fine here.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          I doubt it's a quota issue in your case kreelor. Since you're having an IO error it's most likely something browser related. Try using a different browser to see if that helps.

And here's a nice little thing I put together to help out, with a new picture just for you kreelor.

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ur-forum-posts
                          You did a very nice step-by-step procedure, which anyone can follow easily.

In my case (just reading the steps) I see that I'm doing it correctly. But, at the point in your steps where you say "Once the upload is finished the image will be added to the bottom of the Manage Attachments window and automatically added to your post:", that's where my problem is. My image never gets uploaded or added. Instead, I see a RED CIRCLE where your BLACK "X" is, in the top-right corner.

By the way, I'm using Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit OS, IE 9 (all latest updates) and I've tried using both the 64-bit version and the 32-bit version of it. My JAVA is up-to-date (I'll have to dbl-chk that just to be sure?). I'm also using AVG Internet Security Suite (paid version), but I don't see how it could prevent me from uploading a simple .jpg file to the website. Anything is possible with AVG, since that company has absolutely poor, even non-existant customer support! They are ignorant about their own product, therefore I wouldn't rule their software out completely as it could be the culprit.

I do not want to convolute my system by installing another browswer, and then having to learn a new one's features. I'm sticking IE for now.

I love finding step-by-step, grahically illustrated and annotated instructions! Thanks!! Maybe you can arrange to isolate those steps and add them to a Sticky (and don't let anybody post comments within the Sticky. That way, it'll stay "clean" for other people to use. Just a thought.

Comment

AllstarCinetextHanSolo128.jpg

Just tried from Firefox 14.0.1 running on my linux mint laptop.

Comment

For those not wanting to install browsers for testing, at portableapps.com you can get portable versions of Firefox, Opera and Chrome. They just extract to a directory and don't mess around with the system.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                                I just tried a test with Firefox 15.0 and got an error also.

302 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]
                                Cabby, this is the exact same error message I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X