OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried multiple ways to add a .jpg to a post. Doesn't work anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That link I gave you is in the Announcements in a sticky and closed thread so it will stay clean and be available for everyone to see the instructions.

I don't know how soon the webmaster will be able to look into fixing this. He's also one of our main programmers and is quite busy with the guide viewer.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      That link I gave you is in the Announcements in a sticky and closed thread so it will stay clean and be available for everyone to see the instructions.

I don't know how soon the webmaster will be able to look into fixing this. He's also one of our main programmers and is quite busy with the guide viewer.
      Cabby, I see that he must have found "some" time to change the forum's text colors to green, and maybe other things, too. That gives me "some" hope that he will contact me and help me solve the issue I've had for quite awhile.

Comment

The forum coloring changes are due to Zygor wanting the coloring to change (like it does with every expansion) so he had to do that and it's still not quite completely finished.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          The forum coloring changes are due to Zygor wanting the coloring to change (like it does with every expansion) so he had to do that and it's still not quite completely finished.
          And..... neither is my ability to use the forum tools. Heh heh.

Comment

May I test adding links to my posts by using links to my own personal website image

Quick question:

I have my own personal website and I'm hoping to use it instead of some other 3rd-party website to store graphic (.jpg) files. I can then add links on my topic posts here which will point to my site's images.

Will it be alright for me to test the process here by starting a "testing-topic" in this forum? If it works properly, do you know of any reason why I shouldn't do it that way?

And also, will I be able later to DELETE the "testing-topic" (especially if my tests don't work!), since that topic will no longer be necessary or meaningful to anyone else?

Comment

Just do some test posts in this thread instead of making a new topic.

Comment

Obviously with the Mists of Pandaria launch we're extra busy right now, but as soon as things calm down a bit we will look into this issue.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

God bless you! Thank you for taking a moment to let me know that my topic has been seen by you.

Comment

testing for the 100th time

This is the 100th test to succeed in uploading a simple jpeg image.
                    However, this time I selected the "Basic" uploader, by clicking its button.
                    Goldie and Happy_Cropped_2.jpg

Obviously, that worked. Now, I'm going to try the "Advanced" text editor method. It's the one that always gave problems. Woops! Now that I've gotten away from the Advanced" text editor, (and I'm still in the text editing screen), there is now no button-option to get back to the Advanced screen editor! So, I can't test it unless I start a new post. Geeesh.

Comment

Haha, make as many posts in here as you need to for testing.

Comment

New post, but trying again with the "Go Advanced" method

This is a new post, and I'm trying again, this time with selecting the "Go Advanced" method.

Different image below:

[NO IMAGE COULD BE UPLOADED]

Something must be wrong with the "Go Advanced" method. I just now tried uploading 4 or 5 different images (all different sizes, but mostly small ones). Everyone of them failed with the same Error message as reported before. It doesn't work for some reason.

I'll use the other method. It appears to work.

Comment

The ways of the Javascript...
                          On my main PC one particular website sometimes causes JS errors to pop up. And after a reboot they are gone. And it only occurs with Opera.
                          Good to see at least the basic uploader works for you.

Comment

Another test, trying to find the "Attach" button to use with the 'Basic Uploader'... without clicking on the "Go Advanced" button next to the "Post Quick Reply" button......

FAIL! There is no "Attach" button to click on (to upload an image), except the one in the Quick Reply menu bar at the top. But, it still causes the same error and doesn't upload anything.

Comment

desktop.jpg

Just tested and got the one in the quick reply to upload a file.

Comment

Cabby, I keep deleting the 'failed' messages (about 5 so far), while I'm continuing to experiment. I finally found the silly 'Basic Uploader'. I'll try adding an image to this post and see if it works.
                                Golden and Kitty.jpg
                                It appears to have worked. But, it was sure tough figuring out how to do it. It is not intuitive. But, it worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X