Zygor saying I need an update, but have the latest version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor saying I need an update, but have the latest version

As the title says, I get the popup saying i need to update, but I have the latest version. Is this a known bug?

EDIT: it says subscription expired, but it got auto renewed today so thats not it.
    Last edited by moepkid; November 27, 2020, 12:58 PM.

Try doing a guide reinstall.

1. exit WoW
    2. go to the WoW/_retail_/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
    3. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
    4. go back in game to test and let me know if that fixed it
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

al;right, i needed to reinstall the windows client and login again and then the error is gone. Seems like it does not update the sub refresh when it gets automaticlly charged for my paypal.

Comment

Exact same thing happened to me when my sub went through today. This fixed it, but...will I have to do this every month from now on?

Comment

Same issue with same resolution here.

Comment

Same problem right now.
            Just leave game, close Zygor, open Zygor, run game ;-)

Comment

Okay. This is not working for me.
              Client shows my subscription as acitive with installed version 8.0.23933
              After I get the 2 paragraphs about "Zygor needs an update ....", I get the usual Zygor activation sequence but it repeats 3 times "Zygor Guides Viewer:- Server Trends for Steamwheedle Cartel imported 34 hours old", "Zygor Guides Viewer:- Status up to date.". Clearly something is off here.

I've tried the suggestions by both ZG Support 1 and Taken.

Comment

Everything looks fine in your account. Did you do the steps exactly as I have above?
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

As per norm. It works the time after you complain about it :-)
                  3rd try of uninstall and reinstall finally got rid of the issue.

Comment

It seems every time the sub is renewed (without any payment issue) there is a problem with getting updates. This month I am having to log out, do a repair and relog for EVERY alt! And I have a few! I log my next alt and the guides are only there as starter guides with a message that it needs to update. So far I am on my 7th alt this morning .....

Comment

Originally posted by angelala View Post
                      It seems every time the sub is renewed (without any payment issue) there is a problem with getting updates. This month I am having to log out, do a repair and relog for EVERY alt! And I have a few! I log my next alt and the guides are only there as starter guides with a message that it needs to update. So far I am on my 7th alt this morning .....
                      Ouch. That is bad. Did you try what was suggested by ZG Support 1 ? It took me 3 attempts to get to work though.

Comment

I had this exact same issue today when my subscription renewed. The steps above resolved the issue, but is this going to keep happening?

Comment

Originally posted by ronj73 View Post
                          I had this exact same issue today when my subscription renewed. The steps above resolved the issue, but is this going to keep happening?
                          I hope not as it is so annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by ronj73 View Post
                            Do you have your Zygor Client running all the time and set to autodownload updates? That's the only way to have it never happen without manual interaction required.
                            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

mine is doing this now everytime i change toons.

Comment

Working...
                              X