X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LUA Errors on loading

Zygor Guides Viewer is giving this error on startup:
    "ERROR initializing, check teh Lua errors and report them, please."

As such, I'm here to report them. I'd love some advice on what might be going on.

I receive this error even when I have no other Addons loaded:

===========================

Message: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/MasterFrame.lua:7: ERROR in startup frame 1: bad argument #2 to '?' (Usage: self:RegisterForDrag(buttons))
    in
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `RegisterForDrag'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Pointer.lua"]:1425: in function `SetupArrow'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Pointer.lua"]:1414: in function `CreateArrowFrame'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Pointer.lua"]:3776: in function `SetArrowSkin'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Pointer.lua"]:282: in function `Startup'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:732: in function <...rface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:721>

Time: Tue Oct 25 22:31:44 2022
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/MasterFrame.lua:7: ERROR in startup frame 1: bad argument #2 to '?' (Usage: self:RegisterForDrag(buttons))
    in
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `RegisterForDrag'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Pointer.lua"]:1425: in function `SetupArrow'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Pointer.lua"]:1414: in function `CreateArrowFrame'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Pointer.lua"]:3776: in function `SetArrowSkin'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Pointer.lua"]:282: in function `Startup'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:732: in function <...rface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:721>

[string "=[C]"]: ?
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `error'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:1034: in function `StartupStep'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/MasterFrame.lua"]:7: in function <Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/MasterFrame.lua:5>

Locals:
    Last edited by gweber; October 26, 2022, 12:36 AM.

I am having the exact same issue. I removed all my addons except for Zygor and I'm getting the Lua error message and the Zygor window is just stuck saying loading. Any idea of a fix?

Thanks,
    Mahll

Comment

Got the exact same issue and I just updated to the latest available version.

Comment

Same, any news on an update for Pre-Patch?

Comment

Same issue , no other addons used.

Comment

Guys I found a fix, go to your settings, Go to Profiles and Wipe all settings. You have to hold shift and left click when clicking WIPE ALL SETTINGS. When it reloads, your guides will pop up fresh. I guess your old character profiles creates some sort of issue, Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by triniprince1420 View Post
              Guys I found a fix, go to your settings, Go to Profiles and Wipe all settings. You have to hold shift and left click when clicking WIPE ALL SETTINGS. When it reloads, your guides will pop up fresh. I guess your old character profiles creates some sort of issue, Hope this helps
              How do you "go to Profiles"? Are you talking about Profiles in the Zygor settings, or elsewhere? BTW, Thanks!

I found out: /zygor execconfig

Last edited by medeardorff; October 26, 2022, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by medeardorff View Post

How do you "go to Profiles"? Are you talking about Profiles in the Zygor settings, or elsewhere?
                Yes in the Zygor Settings

Comment

How do you "go to Profiles"? Are you talking about Profiles in the Zygor settings, or elsewhere? BTW, Thanks!

I found out: /zygor execconfig
                  Did it work for you?

Comment

I tried and tried and tried...AND THEN I REMEMBERED TO PRESS THE GD SHIFT KEY!!! Don't be ME! LOL

Comment

I tried and tried and tried...AND THEN I REMEMBERED TO PRESS THE GD SHIFT KEY!!! Don't be ME! LOL
                      LMAO Glad it worked out

Comment

Thanks for all the input.
                        I was experiencing the the same LUA errors, and the guide veiwer not loading correctly.
                        With the "zygor /execconfig" command, and the hint in the LUA error that it might be the pointer, I was able to nail my issue down to the "Lock arrow" setting.
                        When I have the waypoint arrow locked, I experience the LUA errors. As soon as I uncheck the "Lock arrow" and reload, Zygor seems to be working fine.

Mythrassan.

Comment

Originally posted by mythrassan View Post
                          Thanks for all the input.
                          I was experiencing the the same LUA errors, and the guide veiwer not loading correctly.
                          With the "zygor /execconfig" command, and the hint in the LUA error that it might be the pointer, I was able to nail my issue down to the "Lock arrow" setting.
                          When I have the waypoint arrow locked, I experience the LUA errors. As soon as I uncheck the "Lock arrow" and reload, Zygor seems to be working fine.

Mythrassan.
                          Thanks! It was the damn arrow

Comment

Thanks everyone for the "/zygor execconfig" suggestion. Unlocking the waypoint arrow fixed my issue as well. I'm guessing it was an out-of-bounds condition of some type on the X/Y coordinate of the screen position that is somehow related to the new WoW UI.

Comment

Working...
                            X