Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LUA error

Hi all,
    I'm getting the following LUA error constantly popping up, even when I'm AFK. I have all the gold settings disabled too.

Message: ...AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Code-Retail/GoldUI/Scan.lua:198: attempt to index field 'MainFrame' (a nil value)
    Time: Fri Nov 18 19:19:55 2022
    Count: 2
    Stack: ...AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Code-Retail/GoldUI/Scan.lua:198: attempt to index field 'MainFrame' (a nil value)
    [string "=[C]"]: ?
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Code-Retail/GoldUI/Scan.lua"]:198: in function <...AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Code-Retail/GoldUI/Scan.lua:189>

Locals:
    Not sure what's going wrong here!

Edit: It still appears when I have Zygor closed.
    Last edited by stuffandthat; November 18, 2022, 03:03 AM.

Originally posted by stuffandthat View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm getting the following LUA error constantly popping up, even when I'm AFK. I have all the gold settings disabled too.

Not sure what's going wrong here!

Edit: It still appears when I have Zygor closed.
    Im also getting that error and im been fighting whit it from beginning, so if you get a solution PLEASE notifie me.

Kind regards THE NEWBIE

Comment

Originally posted by Binzer1970 View Post

Im also getting that error and im been fighting whit it from beginning, so if you get a solution PLEASE notifie me.

Kind regards THE NEWBIE
      Temporary fix for the time being until zygor support team can look into it is to edit the files-Retail.xml file and comment out these two lines:

Code:
      <Include file="GoldUI\Gold.xml" />
      <Include file="Code-Retail\GoldUI\Gold.xml" />
      They should be around line 118

Comment

I see no errors in game right now. Try doing a full guide reset.

1. exit WoW
        2. go to the WoW/_retail_/Interface/Addons folder and delete any Zygor folders
        3. go to the WoW/_retail_/WTF/Account/<your account name here>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
        4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
        5. go back in game to test and see if that fixed it
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Tried that, same error appeared as soon as I logged in.

Edit: Turned off all gold options and it seems to be working okay, just can't use the gold functions!
          Last edited by stuffandthat; November 18, 2022, 02:07 PM.

Comment

ZG Support 1 I'm not sure but I think this issue only comes up when the gold information is missing maybe (even with all the gold options completely disabled)? I could be completely wrong though. I was getting the error as well until I commented out the two lines I mentioned above.

Edit: could be an item in the bags causing this issue as well, as I'm getting an error about "(a nil value)" from a seperate addon (Addon is called "Vendor") as well (though the error from the other addon is only happening when I mouse over the item (mythic+ keystone) instead of just instantly on startup)
            Last edited by LostBunni; November 18, 2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Just hearthed back to Org and the error appeared again.

Comment

Originally posted by LostBunni View Post
                ZG Support 1Edit: could be an item in the bags causing this issue as well, as I'm getting an error about "(a nil value)" from a seperate addon (Addon is called "Vendor") as well (though the error from the other addon is only happening when I mouse over the item (mythic+ keystone) instead of just instantly on startup)
                I had nothing in my bags on a previous toon and it seemed fine. As soon as I started doing the new event on my Evoker it turned to crap again. I think you're on to something here. I'll delete an item one at a time and see if I can pinpoint it.

Comment

I had nothing in my bags on a previous toon and it seemed fine. As soon as I started doing the new event on my Evoker it turned to crap again. I think you're on to something here. I'll delete an item one at a time and see if I can pinpoint it.
                  Did you ever figure this out?

Comment

Nope. Happening on multiple toons. I went through and got rid of items from my bag one at a time and the error still appears.

Comment

Nope. Happening on multiple toons. I went through and got rid of items from my bag one at a time and the error still appears.

Bah that sucks, hopefully once they finish with the full scan reconstruction stuff they are doing this error will go away,

Comment

Working...
                      X