No flight paths recommended anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No flight paths recommended anywhere

Since DF launched, I've noticed the issue with flight paths, and I see a lot of posts about it in Dragon Isles and that it's being worked on. But what I couldn't tell for sure is whether it was clear that no flight paths in any world are being recommended. I know I'm lazy (thanks to the guide viewer) and I was trying to knock out the lunar festival quests before it was too late, and none of them recommend any flight paths at all in any zone. I tried swapping from speed to comfort and it didn't make any difference.

I just wanted to make sure that it was known that it isn't just Dragon Isles prioritizing dragon riding that's an issue with flight paths. Thanks!

How a step is written will heavily influence if flight paths are suggested. For example, you might see a step that says to talk to someone and accept a quest. You then see the arrow taking you around paths saying follow this path or go over this bridge. Those are all travel directions that are written as part of that step but you don't see them by default. These travel directions make it so that the waypoint is closer than the NPC so the gps is only pointing you to that close waypoint and not the end waypoint. The travel system as a whole is something we're trying to work on. We originally didn't have the travel directions baked into steps and people complained because the arrow would just point over mountains or lakes showing them where to go next but wasn't telling them how to get around the obstacles. Now that we've added directions for getting around the obstacles that is messing with flight paths.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I hope it's something that can be resolved because it used to work amazingly. Now it's very clunky when trying to do speed paths through things like elders or fires, or WQs in any zone. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing until then. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X