ERROR when opening zygor and cannot find guide for 10.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR when opening zygor and cannot find guide for 10.1

I am trying to find the guide for 10.1. when i open the guide menu, i get the error below. i have reinstalled the addon and the windows client but it has not resolved my issues.

i have version 9.0.29063
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​​​​​​​-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua:2643: Error in step 55 goal 6 condition: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua:28: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
    Time: Tue May 2 19:17:28 2023
    Count: 2
    Stack: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua:2643: Error in step 55 goal 6 condition: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua:28: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
    [string "=[tsm error check]"]:1: in main chunk
    [string "=(tail call)"]: ?
    [string "=[C]"]: ?
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `error'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua"]:2643: in function `IsComplete'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua"]:2492: in function `GetStatus'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua"]:2503: in function `UpdateStatus'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Step.lua"]:48: in function `IsComplete'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guide.lua"]:273: in function `GetCompletion'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu.lua"]:768: in function `ShowGuideDetails'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu.lua"]:306: in function `ShowCurrent'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu-View.lua"]:206: in function `Open'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu-View.lua"]:434: in function <...nterface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu-View.lua:434>

Locals:

I have the same problem, several errors and the addon does not work, after the new update.

Comment

First, if you use widgets go into the Profile section of the guide viewer settings in game and click on Backup. That should give you a string that you can copy/paste into a text file on your computer to save it. Then do the following steps to do a full guide reset:

1. exit WoW
      2. go to the WoW/_retail_/Interface/Addons folder and delete any Zygor folders
      3. go to the WoW/_retail_/WTF/Account/<your account name here>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
      4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
      5. go back in game to test and see if that fixed it

If that fixed it then you can go back into the guide viewer settings and in the Profile section you can paste that backup string into the box at the bottom and click on Restore. That will restore your widget layout and data.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Some progress made, i am able to guide but i do not see 10.1. If i open some dragonflight guide, there error below opens.

Message: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua:2643: Error in step 55 goal 6 condition: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua:28: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
        Time: Tue May 2 21:35:18 2023
        Count: 1
        Stack: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua:2643: Error in step 55 goal 6 condition: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua:28: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
        [string "=[tsm error check]"]:1: in main chunk
        [string "=(tail call)"]: ?
        [string "=[C]"]: in function `error'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua"]:2643: in function `IsComplete'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua"]:2492: in function `GetStatus'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Goal.lua"]:2503: in function `UpdateStatus'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Step.lua"]:48: in function `IsComplete'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guide.lua"]:273: in function `GetCompletion'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu.lua"]:768: in function `ShowGuideDetails'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu.lua"]:699: in function `ShowRowMouseOver'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu-View.lua"]:675: in function <...nterface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/GuideMenu-View.lua:675>

Locals:

Comment

You followed the above without missing anything?

Comment

Followed all the steps but still getting errors.
            WOW stuck and windows ask me if I want to close the program.

Message: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua:12: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
            Time: Wed May 3 08:05:30 2023
            Count: 245
            Stack: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua:12: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
            [string "=[C]"]: in function `ipairs'
            [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua"]:12: in function `GetTooltip'
            [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-ItemScore.lua"]:365: in function `GetItemDetailsQueued'
            [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-ItemScore.lua"]:324: in function `handler'
            [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:1140: in function <...rface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:1138>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
            (*temporary) = "table expected, got nil"
            = <function> defined =[C]:-1

Last edited by rosslyn; May 3, 2023, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Same issue for me guide just throwing up Lua Errors and have tried the reinstall method mentioned above:

Message: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua:12: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
              Time: Wed May 3 07:12:40 2023
              Count: 1536
              Stack: Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua:12: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
              [string "=[C]"]: in function `ipairs'
              [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Tooltips.lua"]:12: in function `GetTooltip'
              [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-ItemScore.lua"]:365: in function `GetItemDetailsQueued'
              [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Item-ItemScore.lua"]:324: in function `handler'
              [string "@Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:1140: in function <...rface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:1138>

Locals: (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1

Comment

same as rosslyn here, followed all steps and getting the same error, additionally the version in zygor launcher is still 9,0.29020 (please see 2nd screenshot)
                error.png versions.png ​​
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Amberdark; May 3, 2023, 01:17 AM.

Comment

My problem is that, despite I'm logged as elite customer, I still only see in desktop app the 9.0.29020 to install, but in changelog you have the 63

Found the issue. For EU servers you still have the 20 version, if I change the desktop app to US server I see the .63

Very disappointed by your QA
                  Last edited by artadian; May 3, 2023, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Ok I figured something out:
                    if you go into Zygor options and select at Downloads US then you will get the latest version - apparently latest version isn't on EU yet

Comment

Great Amberdark!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amberdark View Post
                        if you go into Zygor options and select at Downloads US then you will get the latest version - apparently latest version isn't on EU yet
                        Perfect, this worked for me, thanks.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Hero without a cape!

Comment

Ahh, yes if we sent out the update yesterday for EU then it would have been broken before your maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                              X