Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this error

Hi,
    I don't know where to post this, so I will just do it here.
    I got the addon bugsack today, to find errors with my addons.
    And I just got this error, don't know what it is saying or anything.. so hope I can get a little help xD

Code:
    1x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'ZygorGuidesViewer' tried to call the protected function 'ZygorAB1:SetAttribute()'.
    [string "@!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua"]:481: in function <!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:481>
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `SetAttribute'
    [string "@ZygorGuidesViewer/ActionBar.lua"]:448: in function `SetButton'
    [string "@ZygorGuidesViewer/ActionBar.lua"]:206: in function `SetActionButtonsQueued'
    [string "@ZygorGuidesViewer/ActionBar.lua"]:138: in function `func'
    [string "@ElvUI_Libraries/Core/Ace3/AceTimer-3.0-17/AceTimer-3.0.lua"]:57: in function <...UI_Libraries/Core/Ace3/AceTimer-3.0/AceTimer-3.0.lua:50>

Locals:
    _ = Frame {
    RegisterEvent = <function> defined @!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:487
    0 = <userdata>
    UnregisterEvent = <function> defined @!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:487
    SetScript = <function> defined @!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:487
    }
    event = "ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED"
    events = <table> {
    ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED = <function> defined @!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:553
    ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN = <function> defined @!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:553
    PLAYER_LOGIN = <function> defined @!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:547
    LUA_WARNING = <function> defined @!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:562
    ADDON_LOADED = <function> defined @!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:507
    }

That is something you can ignore. The protected function stuff can happen with any addon. When you are in combat Blizzard prevents (protects) a lot of addon actions until combat is finished as a way to prevent botting in the game. If there is any kind of desync between your game client and the game server you can sometimes get one side say you are in combat and the other side say you are out of combat. This normally happens when getting done with a fight. When that happens an addon can trigger the protected function error because the addon thinks you are out of combat and tries to operate normally but since there is a slight desync the game server and client don't both agree that you are out of combat and then the error pops up because the addon is trying to do something that is not allowed in combat.

There's really no way to fix that kind of thing and it shouldn't affect the operation of the addon which is why you can just ignore it and keep going.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
      That is something you can ignore. The protected function stuff can happen with any addon. When you are in combat Blizzard prevents (protects) a lot of addon actions until combat is finished as a way to prevent botting in the game. If there is any kind of desync between your game client and the game server you can sometimes get one side say you are in combat and the other side say you are out of combat. This normally happens when getting done with a fight. When that happens an addon can trigger the protected function error because the addon thinks you are out of combat and tries to operate normally but since there is a slight desync the game server and client don't both agree that you are out of combat and then the error pops up because the addon is trying to do something that is not allowed in combat.

There's really no way to fix that kind of thing and it shouldn't affect the operation of the addon which is why you can just ignore it and keep going.
      okay tysm

Comment

Working...
      X