Extra Features - "Flash minimap resource nodes" - Error on clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Features - "Flash minimap resource nodes" - Error on clicks

I received this error when attempting to turn off Extra Features - "Flash minimap resource nodes"
    This occurs when the checkbox is clicked, not upon hitting ok. So, I'm guessing Zygor is set to make the change when the Checkbox is clicked.

Error:

Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:1126: attempt to call method 'MinimapNodeFlashOff' (a nil value)
    Time: 10/28/12 10:15:52
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:1126: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:1126>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:799: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:614>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
    ...ddOns\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
    ...st\libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-CheckBox.lua:68: in function <...st\libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-CheckBox.lua:57>

Locals: <none>

Looks like an addon conflict. If you disable all other addons do you get the same error?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Looks like an addon conflict. If you disable all other addons do you get the same error?
      Nov 3, 2012. I just got the exact same error as gnashtooth reported.

Question: Is Zygor Guides supposed to be compatible with other addons (specifically Carbonite) or, are other addons supposed to be made compatible with Zygor Guides?

EDITED by kreelor at 2:39AM (pacific) on Nov 3, 2012
      I tested again with only the Zygor addon selected. All others were disabled. No flashing of the Blizzard minimap.

Logged out, then selected the Carbonite addon (and the Zygor addon). Carbonite appears to be the one that Zygor is not compatible with. Flashing happens with Carbonite running.

My question (above) still remains.

Cabby, have you (or anyone else on the Zygor team) tested it yourself after you have disabled all your addons? Does it work for you with or without addons without the error?

The only reason I attemted to shut off the 'flashing' of the resource nodes was because my entire Blizzard (round) minimap flashes 2 times per second, and it's driving me nuts. I was only guessing and hoping that turning off the flashing nodes in Zygor would eliminate the problem, but that Zygor option faults with an error message.
      Last edited by kreelor; November 3, 2012, 04:44 AM. Reason: Tested again after disabling all addons except Zygor

Comment

We test the addon options to the best of our ability in house before releasing it to the public. Of course since it's really only a few machines that it's tested on that means once it hits the thousands of our customers that's when the bugs are truly found. We try to make sure that the guides are compatible with all other addons, but often when there is an addon conflict it's normally because of there being an out-dated addon enabled. We test with very few extra addons enabled.

I personally haven't tested this particular option, not even sure if I have it on or off. I will test this on my computer later today with and without my extra addons to see if I can reproduce this error.

Comment

Just a quick note, Cabby.

I found out that I can stop the flashing on the Blizzard minimap by going into the settings on Carbonite and changing the setting on "Flash Nodes" (I can't remember the exact name!) from its default timing setting of ".2" to "0". The flashing quit after that, but of course now there will probably be NO flashing (highlighting) of the mining nodes, etc. on the minimap. Haven't tested that aspect, yet, but I will today.

BTW, I posed a question/topic on Carbonite's forum, and at least 3 people there said the issue was one with Zygor... not Carbonite. I don't fully understand how all this stuff works, and am waiting for further replies there.
          Last edited by kreelor; November 4, 2012, 08:15 AM. Reason: corrected a typo

Comment

Ok, from testing I've found that the LUA error happens pretty much any time you try to turn off the guide option for flashing so there must be a bug in there somewhere. I could not get the nodes to flash at any time using just the guides. The only time I could get the nodes to flash was with Carbonite enabled and set to flash the nodes. This is definitely something we'll have to look into more.

Kreelor, I'm not sure why you're having issues with the whole mini map wanting to flash but I'm guessing that's a Carbonite thing because I think I remember there being something about it in one of the change logs. Are you sure you're using the latest version of Carbonite?

Comment

Yes, I am using the latest versions of both Carbonite and Zygor Leveling Guides.

I'm running Carbonite version 5.055.

Here's one of the replies I got to the topic I posted on the WowInterface forum about the issue between Zygor and Carbonite:
              "http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...0&postcount=10

No matter which program is causing the issue, I disabled all flashing temporarily via the Carbonite option.

Thanks, Cabby, for replying.

Comment

Kreelor, I think you're looking at the flashing a bit backwards. The options in the guide viewer are for our own flashing of the nodes and we do not use Carbonite for that. So you can ignore the person there that thinks we're not calling Carbonite's function properly because we aren't trying to use Carbonite to flash the nodes. Two separate addons, two separate attempts at flashing the nodes.

Now they are right in that the error when you do the option in the guide viewer is our problem and not related to Carbonite. This is on our list to get looked at.

What I was referring to for being a Carbonite problem is the whole mini map window flashing. I remember reading about that in the Carbonite forums a while ago (before MoP I think) so I don't think that problem is one of ours.

Comment

Glad I found this post. I didn't know flashing nodes was an option and somehow it got turned on. Could not figure out why suddenly my tracking nodes were flashing. It just goes to show, searching the forums before complaining can sometimes answer a question.

Comment

Working...
                  X