No announcement yet.

v4.0.5417 Major Problem Loading Pandaria Specific Leveling/Loremaster Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.0.5417 Major Problem Loading Pandaria Specific Leveling/Loremaster Guides

This problem started immediately after updating to v4.0.5417. The viewer will not load any Pandaria specific Leveling or Loremaster guides. To try and fix it I erased all WTF folder Zygor lua files, redoing the options from scratch, but that didn't work and neither did using the installer repair function or re-installing using the manual install files for v4.0.5417 (erased the addons folder Zygor directory first of course). Specifically, I should be in the guide sub-section 'Townlong Steppes (88-89)' most likely at step 43, anyway the correct step would be the one telling me to get 'clotted rodent's blood' for the quest 'Arconiss Thirsts' questid: 30791. At the moment, as far as using Zygor goes, this has me completely stopped, as in 'dead in the water'.

It's not a case of corrupted files, the relevant files just won't load into the viewer, and I get the errors listed below every time I try. This one is a show stopper!

Chat window error results:

Zygor Guides Viewer: Error loading guide Leveling/Pandaria 85-90\Townlong Steppes (88-89)
    Line: 246 step: 43
    Code: ???
    Error: no questid in parameter

LUA error code window results:

Message: ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:129: attempt to index field 'CurrentGuide' (a nil value)
    Time: 11/14/12 17:19:03
    Count: 5
    Stack: [C]: ?
    ...dOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFram e.lua:129: in function `ZygorGuidesViewer_ProgressBar_OnEnter'
    [string "*:OnEnter"]:2: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Locals:

Try the fix in this thread for the Townlong Steppes guide and see if that solves your problems.
    http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...5398#post85398
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Try the fix in this thread for the Townlong Steppes guide and see if that solves your problems.
      http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...5398#post85398
      Yup, that fixed it. Thanks, that one was driving me nuts (probably a short trip)...

Comment

sorry not certain if my last post posted coz its not showing up, I am having a similar problem since I updated zygor, where I cant get townlong to even start, just says no questid

Comment

Update again for the latest version and the Townlong Steppes guide fix.

Comment

I have just tried updating with the updater and there was no change so I tried doing a manual update and still im getting this..
            Zygor Guides Viewer: Error loading guide LEVELING\Pandaria 85-90|Townlong Steppes (88-89)
            line:206 step 43
            code: ??
            error: no questid in parameter
            Zygor Guides Viewer: Guide not parsed

I am not sure what all this means

Comment

Doh, it was supposed to have been fixed but it's still broken. Please use the link in my post above to see a fix you can do. I'll get this put back on the bug list.

Comment

ok, I will give it a go, being dyslexic its kinda complicated to look thru realms of text, but I will try and hopefully not screw it up completely lol x

Comment

wow yay done it, ty and it works lol x

Comment

Ok, we now got it fixed and updated with 5432.

Comment

Working...
                    X