Critical Loading error guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critical Loading error guide

CRITICAL Error loading guide TITLES\Outland Titles\Of the Shattered Sun\Prequest and Dailies
    Error: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Parser.lua:886: attempt to index local 'step' (a nil value)
    Line: 4
    Data: goto Shattrath City,49.1,42.5

I had this reported about 30 minutes ago via email. We should have this fixed with tomorrow's update.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

same ...

CRITICAL Error loading guide TITLES\Outland Titles\Of the Shattered Sun\Prequest and Dailies
      Error: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Parser.lua:886: attempt to index local 'step' (a nil value)

Comment

Yes got this too :/

Comment

I am still get this error:

Comment

Please make sure you have updated your guides. This was fixed a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              Please make sure you have updated your guides. This was fixed a few days ago.
              I am running the most current guides.

Comment

When you are in game and open the guide selection window, what does it show in the lower left corner for the guide version? Sometimes this can be different from what you see on the Updater and that is why I'm asking about the in game guide version.

I've just been in game and I'm no longer getting this error so I'm thinking your in game guide version does not match your Updater version.

Comment

When you are in game and open the guide selection window, what does it show in the lower left corner for the guide version? Sometimes this can be different from what you see on the Updater and that is why I'm asking about the in game guide version.

I've just been in game and I'm no longer getting this error so I'm thinking your in game guide version does not match your Updater version.

4.0.5941 is what I have now. I just updated to it now. Still have the error.

Comment

It sounds like the one file isn't being updated properly so please try the following.

1. Exit WoW
                    2. Go to your WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
                    3. Run the Updater

If the Updater shows that you have a current version still then the Updater is installing to the wrong folder. Please let me know if this is the case. If the Updater shows a current version of none then install a fresh copy of the guides.

Comment

It sounds like the one file isn't being updated properly so please try the following.

1. Exit WoW
                      2. Go to your WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
                      3. Run the Updater

If the Updater shows that you have a current version still then the Updater is installing to the wrong folder. Please let me know if this is the case. If the Updater shows a current version of none then install a fresh copy of the guides.
                      I just did that and it seems to have fixed it.

Comment

That's good to hear. Apparently something was keeping the one guide file from being updated properly and that's why you still saw that error after we fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                        X