Error upon second login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error upon second login

On the first login (when it goes through the wizard) everything is great. But if I reload the UI for any reason (including logging out and back in), the viewer resets to the middle of my screen and does not have a guide selected. When I kill any mob, it throws the next error. I can clear the error, but as soon as I kill another mob, it throws it again.

Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:4630: attempt to index field 'FR' (a nil value)
    Time: 03/21/13 06:34:58
    Count: 2
    Stack: (tail call): ?
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:4630: in function `SetMagicKey'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:4612: in function `func'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:610: in function `?'
    ...bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[12]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[12]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[12]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
    ...ace\AddOns\Bagnon\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:52: in function <...ace\AddOns\Bagnon\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:51>

Locals: <none>

Just to be sure, deleted WTF folder, disabled all other addons, logged in and went through wizard (and selected a guide). Came back after logging out and had the following error. Closed game entirely, deleted WTF folder, disabled all other addons, logged in and went through wizard (and selected a guide). Did /console reloadui and I got the same error. Verified this through the same process on another PC and I had the same results. Definitely a problem with ZG itself. Just to be extra extra sure, I deleted my WTF folder, my interface folder, and reinstalled ZG from scratch. I left all WoW settings at default and loaded the game. Logged out (not /quit, just logged out) and back in on the same character. Error presented. Just to be DOUBLE sure, I deleted the WTF folder again. Logged in, left all settings default, created a new character on a different server, went through the wizard, selected allowed it to select the starting guide (orc warrior), /quit, logged back in... same error.

I suspect that this is related to the recent change where the guide would remember its location after sessions where the guide was disabled. Seems to be "Stack: [C]: in function `SetPoint'" that is causing the problem.

I cannot be the only one experiencing this. Please fix the guide that I paid money for.

Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:343: ZygorGuidesViewerFrameMaster:SetPoint(): Couldn't find region named '(null)'
    Time: 03/21/13 08:02:11
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `SetPoint'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:343: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:285>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
    (tail call): ?
    ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:543: in function `EnableAddon'
    ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:636: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>
    [C]: in function `LoadAddOn'
    Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:301: in function `UIParentLoadAddOn'
    Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:375: in function `TimeManager_LoadUI'
    Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:713: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:678>

Locals: <none>

Comment

You're the first to report this so we'll see if we can figure out what's happening to get it fixed.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Errors happen for a variety of reasons, so indeed you might quite well be the only one with a specific issue. In your case, the first error appeared because somehow the loading of the guides got aborted and the addon was left not fully initialized, and another addon (Bagnon?) fired events that the non-initialized Zygor tried to handle. We couldn't reproduce either error, on our end, but a blind fix was made that should help. It should be available in the next update, within minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev View Post
          Errors happen for a variety of reasons, so indeed you might quite well be the only one with a specific issue. In your case, the first error appeared because somehow the loading of the guides got aborted and the addon was left not fully initialized, and another addon (Bagnon?) fired events that the non-initialized Zygor tried to handle. We couldn't reproduce either error, on our end, but a blind fix was made that should help. It should be available in the next update, within minutes.
          It cannot be a result of another addon. I tested with NO addons, and a clean setting file (brand new WTF folder and a fresh install of ZG).

Comment

Just loaded the patch, and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the speedy work!

Comment

I've the same errors

Comment

Are you getting exactly the same errors as the ones posted above?
                Or do you get something with "combat lockdown", "script ran too long" or "cannot resume dead coroutine"?
                Those "combat lockdown" and "script ran too long" things happen when your character is in combat and the guide tries do do things that are not allowed in combat. Sometimes it's only because WoW client shows you out of combat but the server thinks you are still in combat.
                The "cannot resume dead coroutine" thing is a new bug that has something to do with the travel system. The team is aware of this and working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                  Are you getting exactly the same errors as the ones posted above?
                  Or do you get something with "combat lockdown", "script ran too long" or "cannot resume dead coroutine"?
                  Those "combat lockdown" and "script ran too long" things happen when your character is in combat and the guide tries do do things that are not allowed in combat. Sometimes it's only because WoW client shows you out of combat but the server thinks you are still in combat.
                  The "cannot resume dead coroutine" thing is a new bug that has something to do with the travel system. The team is aware of this and working on it.
                  yA listed above but it's keeps happing

Comment

Can you please copy/paste the error you're getting here so we can see it. Also, when you're in game and open the guide selection window (small drop down arrow on guide viewer) what does it display in the lower left corner for the guide version number?

Comment

version 4.0.6453

Message: ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:2160: {{cannot resume dead coroutine}}
                      Time: 05/05/13 12:26:43
                      Count: 44
                      Stack: [C]: in function `error'
                      ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:2160: in function `OnUpdate'
                      ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:711: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:711>

Locals: (*temporary) = "{{cannot resume dead coroutine}}"

Message: ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:2160: {{cannot resume dead coroutine}}
                      Time: 05/05/13 12:26:43
                      Count: 44
                      Stack: [C]: in function `error'
                      ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:2160: in function `OnUpdate'
                      ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:711: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:711>

Locals: (*temporary) = "{{cannot resume dead coroutine}}"

this tiime im alived
                      Last edited by Mafiavvolf; May 5, 2013, 02:37 PM. Reason: more codeing

Comment

Ok, those are both for the LibRover library. The team are aware of the current problems with that and are working on getting that fixed.

Comment

Working...
                        X