OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide made macro's are still an issue guys, wish something could be done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide made macro's are still an issue guys, wish something could be done!

Hi guys, I have been using Zygor for many many years, (since LK expansion I believe) even when Mists of Pandaria came out and I pretty much figured it was so easy to level up in MoP that you don't really need a guide.
    I still supported Zygor and the team for a great guide by purchasing the MoP update.

This issue has been a thorn in my side for a few years now, all since it came out, don't really remember when that was, some major guide update I guess.

I know some other people have complained about it aswell but I guess not enough people have complained about it to really make it a proper issue.
    That, or the problem is only for those that does not have top notch computers with the latest CPU / GPU's inside their PC.

I have tried bringing it up on this forum sometimes before but not much has happened.

I'm currently sitting on Socket 775, Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz with a Radeon HD 6870 GPU and 8 gig of DDR2 RAM.
    Even with most all graphics cranked up in wow I still mostly keep FPS capped at 75 with vsync on, when running around questing that is.
    Much less FPS in town or raiding, of course.

When the Zygor guide makes macros for targeting mobs, each time I either mouseclick or tab target a mob, the whole game hitches / lags / slows down, for about half a second.

I can recreate it constantly by clicking on the button you are supposed to click in the guide window to target a guide step mob, you click it quickly taptaptaptap while running forward.
    When I do that, the game hitch / lag / slowdown like crazy.

It's incredibly bothersome and have been all since this mob macro system was put into the guide.

Targeting a random mob that is outside the macro step is silky smooth and is no issue at all.

I have never really used this system as the simplest thing even if you are the worlds most lazy person is to at least be able to locate the mobs yourself, seriously.
    I don't really find it useful at all, even if it did work properly, point is it doesn't though.

Is it so hardcoded into the guide that not even deleting some file in the addon folder can make it go away?
    Just tell me which file / files and I'll give it a try no problem if that's possible, I'm pretty computer savvy.

Would it really take that much time to change it so you are able to turn it off completely if you wanted to?

I understand that you guys need to focus your resources on things that matter, no worries there.

It's simply that the guide has always been awesome for me, from day one, but since this update, I have had issues with slowdowns because of this ever since, regardless of updates done to the guide afterwards.

It really makes WoW feel sluggish when I'm using the guide, since the whole point is retargeting new mobs to kill all the time when you play an MMORPG like this, and since that's the core issue, well yeah, you get me... =/

Awaiting an answer then.

I don't recall seeing anything brought up before quite like what you're saying. There have been some similar things but no one has had issues with lag by tab targeting. Because of this I'm inclined to think you might have something more going on specific to your computer. Have you tried deleting everything in your WoW/Cache folder, or tried deleting your WTF folder and starting from scratch for addon settings?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hiya cabby!

Yes, trust me, have I ever.
      I often delete the whole Cache folder seeing as I use the NPCSCAN addon in WoW.
      I have deleted the whole WTF folder on several occations and set things up completely from scratch, I even tried that with this problem.
      I even deleted and removed every bit of WoW / Blizzard related folder in my computer both hidden folders and elsewhere and reinstalled WoW from scratch through the online downloader, not CD or DVD.

As soon as I turn off the Zygor guide, everything floats normally, when I turn it back on, the same issue is there.

I normally try to do whatever I can before I start jumping on forums asking about things, and I do try my best to be thorough.

Prior to this macro system being put in, I never had this kind of issue, honestly.

Though I see that it's not perfectly consistent either, it doesn't happen 100% all the time.

I'm playing WoW right now lvling up a new char for fun and I have also just tried to fill up both general and character specific macro windows with placeholder macros to see if that gave me an error message or fixed the issue, as I could live with that.

There have been no error messages thus far, though I still get the slowdowns.

I will keep playing now and rechecking for replies on this forum once in a while.

Just so want to get to the bottom of this so I can use the guide and keep WoW running smooth.

I understand it that you can't just toss things sideways and focus on this thing in particular as I'm quite certain that if you guys had this issue on the inside the same way I do, you would have done something about it a long time ago.

It really is quite frustrating for me though.

Comment

About anyone complaining before, there is this post I found from the archive where a person had issues with errors because his macro windows were full.
        I know it's not really related to my issue though.

And of course, I have posted about this on the forum at least a couple times before as far as I can remember.

You can have a look anyway, you're the one that responded in that thread aswell.

Link:
        http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/arc.../t-11131.html?

Comment

I remember the one about the full macros causing issues and we got that one fixed. I did find your other post (http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...erious-problem!) but you never did get back to us then for if it was fixed or not back then. I guess this would mean it's not.

I'll put this on our list to get looked into but I'm pretty sure it will be a lower priority thing as the system works well for the majority of the customers.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't do anything more about it since I didn't think there was much you guys could do.
            Truth be told I forgot all about that other thread, I suspect what happened was that I was done lvling up characters and stopped using it for some time.

Comment

Ok, well thanks for adding it to a list then.

I will reply back here if I figure something out on my end.

Would just be nice if that macro system could be turned off in some way, I'd appreciate it a lot to be honest.

I will do what I can this time around to try and snuff out issues.
              Turn off the guide, play for a bit without it, turn it on, adjust other stuff.

I will be buying a brand new computer with a Haswell CPU and latest generation graphics card and at least 8 GB of DDR3 RAM later this year so maybe some of the issues I have been having will disappear then, hopefully!

And of course, jumping from Windows Vista 64bit to Windows 8 64bit, Vista has served me well and run quite stable, but looking forward to switching to something newer nonetheless.

Thanks for now cabby!
              Last edited by Robert_S; February 7, 2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Update on issue.

I switched around between vsync with triple buffering on and off completely, setting specific FPS caps, switching between directx 9 and 11.

What I ended up with was putting WoW on DX 11, have been using 9 before.
                Reason I use 9 is that 11 does work, but when flying on a fast flying mount 280% or 310% I get picture hitching, it doesn't run smooth at least, with DX 9 I don't have this issue.
                It does feel smooth with DX 11 aslong as I just run around on the ground and quest and use groundmounts though.

Along with using DX 11 I turned off vsync with triple buffering and set max fps cap in-game to 100.
                Now I do get the occasional tearing but I decided to not care about that for now.

Result: No more choppyness when targeting guide mobs that are in the macro, no matter what.

The game runs completely silky smooth at all times, with Zygor guide on aswell.

Like I said earlier, if many people had this issue the same way I did with the guide on, they would have complained for sure, it's been pretty bad to be honest.

With that said, cabby you can just withdraw this from that list you guys have to get things looked at as it's clearly my computer, not the guide.

I still wish I could turn off the macro system in the guide but hey, you can't have everything you want in life! =)

Can't wait to build a new computer later this year.

Everythings good now.

I appreciate the quick responses the other day, and thanks for now!

Comment

I'll leave it on the list for now because hopefully that will entice the dev team to add the option to disable the macros.

Comment

Working...
                  X