Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some bugs ?

Hi all,

First of all thanks for the guide again.
    With it I succeded to go from 90 to 100 in about 1 day (not even fully played) and it helped me a lot ... even if we have to combat against huge lag, busy servers, garrisons bugs and so many other things that make this experience more more difficult and annoying. But it is done :-) (at least for the first :-)

Now let's come to bugs. I have played the Alliance side.
    1)
    I noticed that using Zygor I am not able to see rare vignette on minimap. An Addon like RareAlert (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...RareAlert.html) find the mob but I was not able to see the icon on the minimap. Same thing of the fog of war (which I have read it is a known iussue).

2)
    In Talador map I arrived there following the guide at a point when I was 94 and half level, but the guide want me to check and get quests of 95 an up level only in Auchindon (I think to remember).

I have to go down in previous zones and looking for missing quests and events that I left. And it was not so easy with the bug of the map :-)

In this case I followed the guide suggestion to progress to the next zone when I reach the correct level even if the zone was not finished. After this problem I preferred to continue a little bit more (a quarter of level or so ...) in the zone before switching to the new one. And I think it could be a good advise and suggestion :-)

3)
    Another thing a little bit annoying was that I can't use quest items from quest listing because WoW complained Zygor was trying to make a protected action ... "do you want to ignore or disable" ? So I have to put a lot of time the quests item on my action bars.

4)
    Probably it is not a bug but I have not understand how to deal when there was the choice to the buildings in the map bases and the relate quest lines. If I choose a type of building and I get a quest line I think the other quest line should be automagically be skipped (if possible :-) and not shown to me

5)
    Last thing. The launch day was a problem also for the zygor team I presume.
    I continued to download (I use only manual type) version 4 for a lot of time after the launch ... than a lots of version 5 without the guide but only with the trial, the site was so busy ... So next time please don't follow Blizzard standards :-) try to anticipate it so people can spread into downloads :-)

Btw. I want here also say thanks to zygor team for the fantastic guide program.
    It really helps me so much in this furious run :-)

If I may espress a wish too I like to have a minimalist version of the guide with the viewer only. Not talent, gear and map overlay...

Only a simple viewer that say to me the quest line :-)

... and a localization in italian :-)

Thanks again to all team again !
    Last edited by gmarco; November 15, 2014, 01:47 AM.

As I was only able to play a few hours last night I can't say much about the conents of the guides, especially the garrison.

1) The rare mob icons not displayed on the minimap was something I also noticed and reported to the Zygor team. It might be related to the "flash minimap nodes" option in the extras section. This bug occured some time ago in MoP and it's possible it is back.
    The Zygor team and I are checking this.

2) I normally always finish a zone before moving on. Someone wrote earlier that this time moving on to the next zone immediately does not speed up leveling as the XP per quest does not increase that much. I checked wowhead and for example Gorgrond quests grant around 14000 XP while quests in Shadowmoon grant around 13800.
    About problems when leaving early I can't say anything, I'm still in Shadowmoon...

3) The problem with clicking quest item icons at the quest tracker is a known problem. It seems the Zygor team still did not figure out what's causing this or they are more busy fixing other issues at the moment.

4) The quests related to the outpost buildings is also something the team are working on. Sadly they also suffer from all the problems we encounter so they can't check the guides faster than anyone questing with the guides.

5) I had no problem updating my guide to version 5 around 23:00 CET on Wednesday. But the Zygor servers suffered from heavy load so it took a while using the client. The manual installation file worked better.
    But it's possible others like you were unluckyand suffered from timeouts in the client.
    Possibly putting up the guide 2 hours earlier would not have made much difference as people most likely were waiting with their clients running to download the new guide and as soon as it gets put online the server suffers.

About the minimalistic guide, I currently don't know how much you can configure the guide window. In the past it was possible to hide many elements and show them only on mouseover. However I did not use this so I can't say if this was something only available in an earlier guide viewer. I can't check it at the moment because the EU servers are down for maintenance.

Comment

The minimalist view was removed due to compatibility issues with the new sticky step feature.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
      X