Zygor guide viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor guide viewer

So i have the app open to the main screen where it shows WOW. Guides arent downloaded, even trial and the gold addon, the 'play' button is grayed out, and the wrench, when i click on it, does nothing. Seems like the guide isnt working, Ive uninstalled, re-installed twice and downloaded new version of Java. Please help.

Did you install the 32 or 64 bit version of Java? I think it's still recommended to install the 32 bit version, even on a 64 bit OS.

You can check the Java version by either selecting "about Java" in the start menu (just type java in the search field), going to the Java web page or typing java -version into a command prompt (type cmd into the search field of the start menu).
    To determine if you have a 32 or 64 bit Java installed type java -d64 -version into the command prompt, if it throws an error you only the 32 bit Java.
    Last edited by Cartman; March 4, 2015, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Can you please post a screen shot of what you're seeing on the client?
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

You can have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Java installed on your computer concurrently, assuming you have a 64 bit version OS. Which 99% of users should have; the other 1% got screwed over by Microsoft's multiple-OS-versions-for-sale marketing ploy.
        A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Comment

Originally posted by myrroddin View Post
          You can have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Java installed on your computer concurrently
          Yes, you can install both but I think you should always have the 32 bit one installed. Developers will make sure their programs run with a 32 bit environment as there are still a lot of them out there.
          I even recently had to install a 32 bit Windows 8 because it's a problem to to explain older people why their favorite Windows game does not run anymore (an old 16 bit card game that would not run with a 64 bit Windows).
          And there are other reasons like missing 64 bit drivers that force some people to still use 32 bit Windows versions.

Comment

Screenshot (2).jpg

This is what i am looking at, play doesnt work and the repair tool, when clicked, does nothing. Basically its a shell of a program, also doesnt show up when trying to delete from control panel, with the uninstall tool

Comment

It looks like the client is working as all the elements are shown (earlier when someone reported a messed up client the whole layout was a mess, don't know if that's the mentioned known problem with the 3.0 client).

Did you check the settings? After updating from a 2.x updater to the 3.0 updater it may be necessary to adjust all the settings in the client (though It seems to have at least your username and password set as it identifies you but as the product list is completely empty there may be an issue).

Comment

thats what i am trying to get at. i have no idea how to get it to work and show what i have as far as products, on a side note i manually downloaded files, and everything seems to be working in game, just no updater. And not sure if this is supposed to happen, but i thought the gold addon didnt need to scan the AH? Because in game that is what it is telling me to do

Comment

Please double check the settings in the Zygor client (click the cogwheel in the lower right corner), if you manually installed the guides the updater should at least show the installed guides in the lower right box.
                  And the empty products box in the middle indicates there may be something wrong with the username and password settings. Does the products page in the members section show your purchased products correctly?

Comment

That is a bug we are working on. Are you familiar/comfortable with working with your registry valliant71?
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

yes, when i log into account in the members area it show correctly. I am not too familiar with working with my registry but can learn fast. Also when logging into the zygor guides tonight it popped up with a message. 'We were unable to write to the following file: C:\program files\zygor guides client\data\models\wow_download/model

Another side note, i dont know if it is intended, i have not bought any of the wow guides, minus the gold auction house one, but after installing files manually i was given guides from 1-60, then skipped to 90-100.

Comment

So apparently a new version of zygor is out, i went to the site, redownloaded like i have the two nights before, and wouldnt you know, it seems like its working

Comment

Originally posted by valliant71 View Post
                          Another side note, i dont know if it is intended, i have not bought any of the wow guides, minus the gold auction house one, but after installing files manually i was given guides from 1-60, then skipped to 90-100.
                          These are probably the trial guides. If the client now works correctly you should see a trial next to the guides you did not purchase in the box with the products.

Comment

Working...
                          X