1/19/2018 7.3.5 Update presents new LUA errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/19/2018 7.3.5 Update presents new LUA errors

Todays update seems to have produced a few errors causing issues with the Guide Viewer:

Code:
    Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-6.1.lua:871: ERROR in startup frame 34: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide-Guide.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got number)in
    [C]: ?
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:89: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:87>
    (tail call): ?
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:162: in function `GetStatus'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:1078: in function `SetGuide'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:972: in function `LoadInitialGuide'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:471: in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:729: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:644>

Time: 01/19/18 13:41:58
    Count: 1
    Stack: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-6.1.lua:871: ERROR in startup frame 34: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide-Guide.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got number)
    in
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:89: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:87>
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:1078: in function `SetGuide'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:972: in function `LoadInitialGuide'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:471: in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:729: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:644>

[C]: in function `error'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:871: in function `StartupStep'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:6: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:4>

Locals: (*temporary) = "ERROR in startup frame 34: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got number)
    in
    "

Try doing a full guide wipe/reset.

1. exit WoW
    2. go to the WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
    3. go to the WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
    4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
    5. go back in game to test and let me know if that fixed it
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Unfortunately, no luck. I deleted the ZygorGuidesViewer folder from Addons, renamed my entire WTF folder and moved it to another location, and finally installed the client again. Still getting errors, but they are now:

Code:
      Message: ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-AutoEquip.lua:1102: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)Time: 01/19/18 17:37:11
      Count: 1
      Stack: ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-AutoEquip.lua:1102: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
      ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-AutoEquip.lua:1102: in function `GetStatComparison'
      ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-AutoEquip.lua:1156: in function `ShowPopup'
      ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-AutoEquip.lua:791: in function `EquipDisplay'
      ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-AutoEquip.lua:776: in function `TryToEquipItem'
      ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-AutoEquip.lua:245: in function `ScanBagsForUpgrades'
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-Events.lua:102: in function `OnUpdate'
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-Events.lua:156: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Item-Events.lua:156>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
      (*temporary) = "table expected, got nil"
       = <function> defined =[C]:-1
      After playing around some, I found that the errors only occur if I log back in after I logged off with one of the new guides such as the Mailemental or The Postmaster guide. When I have one of these loaded, and I log off, when I log back on I get the error and I can no longer search for the guides or even open the Mailemental guide again after I have selected say a low-level levelling guide.
      Last edited by odinsvalhalla; January 19, 2018, 07:14 PM. Reason: Updated information

Comment

We will check into this more.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

To fix this I would recommend turning off directions (the arrow thing).
          Update your driver and system (for me that fixed it)
          re-install the entire zygor guide (works for my friend)
          uninstall all addons and try zygor again, if by chance no error comes out install addons 1-by-1 and see where zygor gets bugged

[Another fix can be done through going to zygor client> repair> scan and repair | Zygor client > repair > Reinstall]

Comment

the guide is not working after the above attempts here are my LUA errors1x ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-6.1.lua:871: ERROR in startup frame 52: ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide-Guide.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got number)
            in
            ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:89: in function <ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:87>
            ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:162: in function `GetStatus'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:10 78: in function `SetGuide'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:97 2: in function `LoadInitialGuide'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:47 1: in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:72 9: in function <...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:6 44>

[C]: in function `error'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-6.1.lua:871: in function `StartupStep'
            ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:6: in function <ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:4>

Locals:
            (*temporary) = "ERROR in startup frame 52: ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:89: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got number)
            in
            ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:89: in function <ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:87>
            ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:162: in function `GetStatus'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:10 78: in function `SetGuide'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:97 2: in function `LoadInitialGuide'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:47 1: in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
            ...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:72 9: in function <...rfaceZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:6 44>
            "

Comment

Working...
            X