Settings not being remembered with build 2173

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settings not being remembered with build 2173

I've just installed the latest update 3.1.2173 and logged into WoW to find that not only have all my Zygor settings been reset (guide comes up without a guide loaded and with default settings) but also a LUA error about the Alliance CATA guide not being able to load - and this is on a realm with only Horde toons!

I set the guide up again how I like it, logged out, logged back in and the settings are gone again.

I've tried deleting all the Zygor .lua* files under SavedVariables and also doing a complete repair, but settings are not being remembered between sessions. The .lua files are being created but seemingly ignored next time I log in.

I've also disabled all other addons but it makes no difference.

I'm running on a Mac on an EU realm (if this makes any difference).

I think I've fixed this. The error about the Alliance guide is due to a problem at around line 13 of ZygorDailiesAllianceCATA.lua - there is an 'x' on its own on a line.

I removed this and now the guide loads correctly and remembers my settings. It looks like the typo in ZygorDailiesAllianceCATA.lua was halting the normal startup sequence for the guide.

Comment

The error with the alliance cataclysm dailies guide is caused by a false character inside the guide file (ZygorDailiesAllianceCATA.lua) in line 9.
      Maybe not loading the settings is related to this error as I fixed that before and my guide loaded without problems.

Edit: Damn, you beat me

Comment

Working...
      X